⭐ Top 20 Softcore builds in Grim Dawn (An Opinion)

thousands of hours played, then when making Ghol i found out, that despite having 10-20 duplicate of most legends and epics, i didn’t have a single fn Blightshard necklace… (even made a post asking if the drop was bugged to make sure it existed :joy:)
seeing people tear their hairs out on discord over trying to obtain random drop RNG bis Epics or Legends (skipping straight to end build instead of starting with budget), vs how quickly they get comfortable with MI replacements if the slots permit it, or how annoying it is when the slot doesn’t
getting 2x single rare derma slicers, with fitting affixes, before getting your first belgo slicer would not be that far fetched to have happen if you don’t have duplicates to transmute or the blueprint
and that’s a weapon that can’t be shopped…
non set RNG legends or Epics can be really really annoying to obtain if you’re SSF or relative new beginner with a lesser stocked stash

1 Like

I don’t think you’re as casual of a player as you think you are, you spend a lot of time here, you’ve written a lot here to make sure your opinion is heard, etc. I’ve said my piece on why this is a circle jerk thread, as it is. I’m done fighting here, though (as I’ve mentioned several times). Carry on guys, keep stroking.

Thought you were done 3 comments ago, seems like you’re still salty though.

I’m less salty comparatively to how tired your arms are from all this circle jerking. Look, now it’s four.

At least we do it with our own species.

3 Likes

Well at least you should be happy your pointless SR120 builds are safe now cause devs will only nerf our speedfarmers yet again :slight_smile:
Oh and make sure to not forget to copy the files of chars that have SR 120 unlocked for your next SR “pusher” because that’s how important SR pushing is.

1 Like

i’m a casual player, build wise, skill wise, and meta/“general play” wise
even my character levelling is casual and slower than most
i generally spend 20-25’ish hours going from 1-100, clear “unnecessary” stuff, my performance metrics are much less than most people here, sr 65-66, korvaak, morgoneth and lokar, and i basically consider my build successful
the dedication to a forum/discord, and posts isn’t a measure of my casualness as a player or not, but my community involvement (which i would still consider casual since i don’t contribute much of note even if i do normal replies to regular stuff)
i might total have more playtime than the avg casual player, and have more game information+experience than the avg player, but i assure you my playstyle, skill and character/build approach is very casual, more so compared to a lot of people/players here
i guarantee you, that you have played higher SR than i ever will, so i’m a much more casual SR player than you’ll ever be
and i’ll happily stroke your SR pushing efforts, as i stroke Banana’s crucible breaking efforts if that’s what you’d want :+1:

4 Likes

To me it looks like ur just staying in here for the sake of complaining. :eyes:
If you truly wanted to move on you would be long gone…yet here you are.

1 Like

These “builds” mason… what do they mean? :laughing:

It would appear some of you really, really value my input on this thread as you keep tagging me well after my last reply.

reply vs quote vs tag, there is a difference
you posted something, people are replying to you
you said something specific, people are quoting you on it, also helps other people to see what’s being talked about/referred to when the post or reply isn’t the first directly after comment in question

a tag is merely if the username is invoked to refer to or notify that person, ie @Skelemental

if you don’t want people to reply to you, or quote stuff you say addressing something you say, the way would be to not comment/reply or have stuff that can be replied to or quoted about… :neutral_face:
and if all you desire is to not be notified about comments, replies or quotes, you can turn notifications off for a thread i believe

so when you say you are “done”, but keep posting, and people keep replying to you or mentioning it, you kinda have options to resolve that…

1 Like

How dangerously this thread escalated :astonished:. Come on, guys, let it be more such “Top X/The World’s Best GD builds”, even from so-called “Elitists”, “Triple-Rare Mafia”, “Crucible Crusaders”, “200+SR Dominators” etc with bombastic titles and circle jerking :rofl:. Especially with file saves. Many players will try them and either faceroll desired content or use ideas implemented to make their own Takens. In both ways, everyone would be happy.

2 Likes

I can confirm that my version of Bleeding Beastcaller (without Nosferatis, though) also kills Ravager below 3 min and around 14 min for SR 75-76.

1 Like

I think everyone is taking what the builds in this thread are about far too seriously - on both sides. As said, there was specific criteria the builds had to meet and decisions were made based on that criteria and the results achieved. If you want a different set of criteria which may - or may not - favour other builds then that’s up to people here to decide and then make their own threads outlining said criteria and results achieved.

Berating or belittling what this thread is about does nothing for either the players or the game overall. Nor does it meet with the FAQ guidelines for members’ behaviour here. As gnomish pointed out you can mute any thread you don’t want to know about. And guess what - as pointed out in the FAQ you don’t have to reply to comments. Now there’s an idea!

8 Likes

Smth else i found self-evident but might’ve had to be mentioned in the disclaimer in the end.

Superbosses are the pinnacle challenge of the game, the fights you do once, maybe several times, or a 20-30 in the case of Ravager if you really want a well rolled item. For that reason pharma was used to fight superbosses with most builds, there is zero reason not to do it for few fights. If a build could tank Ravager or even Calla without pharma, that was a plus for the score. But it was never mandatory. Also appropriate devo binding are required for superbosses - mainly focused on sustain. In the case of Avenger, you need Maul to be up so you can bind it even to Savagery.

For all the other concerns and complaints i can only repeat myself: either nominate a concrete build that is stronger than the ones listed (somewhat) within the used measure stick or make a sound and supported proposition about the system itself.

Also keep the discussion civil, please. None of people some of you are referring to as a “circle jerk” was rude or condescending here. And just a small note, the discussion among us, making the list, looked much more like “circle punch each other in the face”. So, you know, maybe stop projecting.

8 Likes

My 2 cents about greens: Chains of Ygraad and Chains of Brandis is PITA to farm.
Aether AAR Spellbinder build (which i am following) uses Chains of Ygraad + one legendary Ring of Tawrot (25% vit to aether) to convert 75% of vitality damage to Aether - on Will of Rattosh + Bat. These items are build-defining in a particular case as without them build can handle Ravager.

Thread title updated…it would be really dumb to have to lock this thread cause people are treating it like it’s indisputable gospel and thus they must be offended by its existence.

16 Likes

Funny if you think that will fix it xD.

Perfect timing of adding Softcore in the title.

Rakso, please read all 180 messages before posting.

7 Likes

Imo:

Builds that do SR ~120 comfortably, that is: without spam-death & resurrection bruteforcing too badly won’t do Crate boss.

I think the idea of the list was to make all the toons do every type of content that at least drops loot to begin with.

If you guys want an SR pusher build that goes beyond 80+ that performs well in there(doesn’t loop-die or bruteforce too badly), it’ll require defensive-adjustments, and the build has big odds or risks to then become “Crate-less” as result.

Like half of the builds in this list when somewhat just SLIGHTLY re-adjusted gear-wise, devo-wise and attribute points-wise become perfectly HC-viable too, so the list is at a good spot Imo and your lack of creativity is none of our concerns.

I would put green MI-heavy builds higher in the list, because they are faster to kick off with from fresh start and reach & do top endgame content with, than the builds where praige is required to drop the avenger recipe, this specific “smith RNG/flat drop RNG”(if you know what I mean) purple or whatever.

Btw, none of those builds require this tier of fantasy gear(for example, like the gargabol rings presented there) to behave with a very similar performance anyways.

Cheers,

3 Likes