Top pet build discussion

Deleted. Sry, don’t know what I was thinking.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

This isn’t a competition. They have their criteria for builds, you have yours. Anyone is welcome to play any build posted on the forum.

1 Like

But you still finish your top 10 =)

Sure.

Those look like off-beat meme-tier pet builds to me, but I am not an expert in pet builds. Maybe @nofika4u and @eardianm can tell how good they are just from looking at Grimtools. Or even @GSAsylum.

For a competition you have to at least record some videos of gameplay and play some of our stuff to have a frame of reference of how top20 builds perform.

1 Like

I posted the rest in another topic. Sry I didn’t add a video. I withdraw the challenge.

You may find these are best in game legit (no editor gear) builds.

Inquisitor has no place in any serious pet builds, I know that much.

You are in for a pleasant surprise.

I’m well aware that any of the three main pet classes are perfectly capable of finishing the game without ever picking a second class. That doesn’t mean that inquisitor is a good choice for posting in this thread, where performance is everything.

2 Likes

No offense, but to figure out the best builds in the game it took several experienced builders each with thousands of hours of build making experience and few months of work.

I looked at your non pet builds (in the other thread) and found some poorly optimized low to mid tier builds (I can give you a breakdown of why each of them is incorrectly min-maxed if you want). From the comments of my fellow pet builders your builds are also poorly optimised. If you want to make a claim that a build you did is the best or at least good I think recording a video of its gameplay is the least you can do.

How is this an argument? Each builder from the top20 made dozens upon dozens of different builds, that wouldn’t be possible without testing all the gear options with the help of GDstash. If you really want to figure out what is the best gear setup for a spec you have to go thru quite a few gear options, using gear that you farmed legitimately would be extremely limiting.

1 Like

Also kinda meaningless when in the first build from their Top List Vindicator, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator 4 greens out of 5 are double rares with pet affixes. A legit player can often have “fantasy” gear if lucky or playing for many years I think.

Not doing to deepdive in this but the pet builds are not poorly assembled at all, though using a non-pet mastery for a pet build is never the correct decision from a minmax perspective.
Pets are super strong for higher SR so its not surprising they are doing well in that content. Making them shine in multiple types of end game activities is the challenging part. Anyway, did well with some non-meta decisions. Good builds, wouldnt call them top10

1 Like

Far from the best and some are better for other characters. I had to use what I found so far.

Leaves room for improvement.

In my testing I have found that a pet class combined with a non-pet is significantly stronger than two pet classes. Add to that, the non-pet maxed allies buffs give another large boost to DPS via boosting others. Especially others with pets.

Even I know that just wendigo totem is not enough sustain for summoner :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I really have no idea what “SR90 Very Easy” means to the author, since any properly assembled pet build can easily do SR90. All I see is a lack of understanding how pets mechs work and that the author has never even scratched the surface of endgame for pets. But who am I to argue with "Best in Game Builds"©? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I deleted my post here. In my mind it was friendly competition. It was silly, my bad.
I started a topic of my top builds. Please ask any questions there.