Trozan's Sky Shard "improvment" ideas

I was making a new Druid as I want a “lightning wizard” class.
I notice that TSS has lightning damage and felt the “enjoyment” of TSS could be improved (maybe).

Blackwater Cocktail has no cooldown and can be used as a main attack.
You can choose to add High Potency which adds a cooldown of 3.8 seconds with the benefit of adding 1.5 meter radius, total damage modified by 165% and 18% slower enemy attack for 2 seconds.

Primal Strike has a cooldown of 3 seconds and can be used as a main attack,
You can choose to add Thunderous Strike which gets rid of the cooldown, but with the caveat of -1.3 meter target area, -100% weapon damage, and total damage modified by -28%.

I feel Trozan’s Sky Shard could possibly be improved if a skill in similar reign to the above skills was added.
TSS has no lasting effect similar to High potency and also has a cooldown.

1. Add a side skill which allows to get rid of the cooldown.
  2. Add Shards, but make them smaller.
  3. Total damage modified by -(number)%.
  4. -(number) meter target area.

Other idea

1. Add a side skill which allows an area radius that damages the enemy over time.

Different idea for smaller shards
add “homing” to the smaller skyshards so that they go to the enemy due to the lack of damage.

I only have 100 hours and I’m still learning the game and do not know all of it’s math so take this with a grain of salt. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

That would be cool. Homing might not be possible in the engine, though. I can’t think of anything that homes, maybe a really fast Elemental Seeker, but I don’t think we’ll see it. Proper gearing with a TSS-focused set, like Trozan’s Skybreach, will decrease the cooldown to where you can almost spam it. There are other sets like Allagast’s Masterpiece that increase the number of projectiles. There’s also a number of Conduit modifiers and a few other pieces of gear like Rolderathis’ Tome and M. Shard of Asterkarn that change the target area or number of shards. Give the ol’ Grimtools dot com a look for skill modifiers. Trozan's Sky Shard - Item skill modifiers - Grim Dawn Item Database There is a conduit that gives six extra shards, btw, but it turns them red and deals chaos damage, which you could do on a Sorcerer.

I think the Iskandra’s Unification set was meant for a spam-type TSS, but I could never get it to work–the cooldown resets wouldn’t proc enough. Better off just using Trozan’s Skybreach or Mad_Lee’s cold TSS build, both have really low cooldown.

I would like more acuracy with the Sky shards, but since adding points into and the 2nd skill point that adds freezing the skill gets deadlier with more points into it. Im not sure how well it is a precesion hit skill, but when it lands it hurts.

you can increase the direct accuracy by reducing the spread
you can also make the native spread irrelevant by increasing the shard AoE so even if a shard doesn’t strike the target directly it still gets hit by it via radius