Harpies are just as big a part of Arkovian lore as the undead, yet we don’t have a single unique Harpy enemy but have plenty of unique undead bosses.
Imo, Lutra is the perfect candidate for a unique Harpy boss. Her quest is the reason we even learn about the fate of the Arkovian children. Turning her into a boss also adds a proper threat to the Broken Hills/Barren Highlands region which currently doesn’t have an official region boss (Guardian of Solael doesn’t count imo).
I understand that unique bosses typically have a MI. Quite frankly, I’ll take whatever we get. I just want a unique Harpy enemy.
I like this idea. The harpies are perhaps the most tragic part of the Arkovian story and could be played up more. Also, Lutra is somewhat like Milton Hart, in that she is mercy-killed at the request of a relative, and he is a purple unique.
I kill him too fast but I’m pretty sure he’s a Hero. Him not being a boss is fine imo. We have plenty of Aether Corruption unique bosses.
A better comparison imo is Kyzogg, he is a unique boss despite being just a reanimator. That’s because of his quest and also because he serves as an introduction to the concept of reanimators as enemies. Lutra is similar, she is special because of her quest.
Plus, turning Lutra won’t be a major loss to Broken Hills. The region will still have another named Harpy as a hero - Rixna Plaguefeather.