UI, camera, impact

Sorry for bad english im potat

First small thing: please make an option for non-clickable user intarface. Kiting on range characters feels very uncomfortable when you can accidantely click some stuff on the panel. Of course you just can make UI smaller but then you can’t read skill recharge. Especially with poor eyesight.

Second thing is rotation camera has too much inertia i think. Switching angle in fight feels sluggish.

Maybe it is just my taste but: most crucial thing that spoils my experience is screenshake. After hundreds of hours without shaking it feels refreshing and exciting. But after 5 minutes or so it becomes just annoying. In intense fights this wiggle feels more like a helicopter crash landing due to the amplitude and lack of harpness. Especially in contrast to clear sharp bonebreaking melee sounds. But without shaking the game simply lacks impact

Still a great game btw. Much love.

You can get rid of the inertia by using GrimCam (requires GrimInternals to work).

They say GI has some incompatibility with cloud saves. It is important moment for me.

Yeah of course there are tools and mods for some of my points but i don’t want to switch my chars every time with GD stash or something.

I think this game could use a couple of small visual and general feel changes for a modern(?) look.

My fast camera hack that I use to speed up the rotation get rids of intertia completely for mouse rotation users :thinking: the degree of that is configurable

and it can be set up to be done automatically (w/o you having to run a program with every launch or doing anything) - 0 additional work

(faster_camera=4 in my program)

But you might be a purist like most players and don’t want to use tools at all even if they can be convenient

I’d like that too. There’s a way to hide UI actually, but it hides everything including your cursor :frowning:

Purists huh :smiley: I will try GI and stuff later anyway. Looks like there is no better option for now. I’m just worried to lose all my data due to small oopsie :confused: . I’m already attached to my chars and general progress.

Well tweaks to the camera were requested multiple times in the past and also quite recently by me and I don’t think fundamental changes to gameplay (feel) like that are in the cards now.

Back up your saves then :thinking: but this is a thing you should do regardless because Steam Cloud can wipe up your saves randomly some day. We get these threads every now and then and there’s nothing you can do to fix it sometimes. This is without using any exteral tools.

These camera mods won’t brick your saves. What can potentially be done with my tool in particular is that after some major game update my hack might freeze your game since the address it’s modifying changes but that doesn’t cause data corruption. Although I could fix it by having it search for address and not have fixed one. I did if for a Freeze Tribute program so that I don’t have to update it for players using it after every update.

Ok maybe there are no such plans BUT

I think we can all agree that at least a close-up camera tweak will be banger. I have already tried one mod for a close-up screenshot and noticed a few things like sheeesh this game is quite detailed. The foes are scary and the people around are very angry and the environment feels way more immersive with close inspection.

And about saves well it looks like you have to do manual backups for real :confused:

It’s easy enough to do. Follow the instructions in this thread to move from cloud saving to local saves and then simply back up the save folder in My Documents - My Games - Grim Dawn to an external drive of some kind. Only takes a couple of minutes to back it up.

1 Like

I think this is moddable (you can just increasing max zoom for example?) although I used Grim Cam for some screenshots instead

1 Like

Oh thank you!

yeah I agree with that but I don’t think there will be much done in that department. Although Crate is still actively working on the game, it’s only balancing and sometimes the odd bugfix. More gameplay/graphics options are highly unlikely at this point so tools and mods is the way to go.

You can disable camera shake in game’s options.

2 Likes

I think OP is aware of that:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.