Unable To Play With Non-Expansion Players Feedback

clearly still missing the point even after it was pointed out to you

ill say, you can’t even see that laundry list of issues that needed to be addressed o.O

If you think any or all of those questions are easy to answer and implement without issues cropping up, I don’t know what to say to you. Often, if a task looks simple or easy to accomplish on the surface, it isn’t always as simple as it would seem.

there will always be issues with whatever is or isn’t done.
but this is clearly a high quality game, with high quality devs.

for example right now there is issues with how its currently implemented

OH ok just dont hit the “delete stuff you want” button placed in the main menu?

Sure, but they are also a small studio with less resources than your standard AAA company. They could with enough time make improvements to the multiplayer I suppose but they have to weigh up if that time and effort investment is worth it or whether they would rather dedicate that time and effort to other ventures that maintain their success and life as a company.

If you have a character that you’re co-oping through the base game with a friend, don’t load into it at all when you’re playing in your own time in the expansions. If you’re really paranoid about somehow screwing it up, then feel free to make regular backups. If even after that you still have problems, then that starts to be on you frankly. There are plenty of fail-safes and ways around the problem.

There is only one reason i’m not spending an extra 51 of my dollarydoos on the 3 expansion packs.
that reason is because of the BS around playing with my friends and i’m clearly not the only person with this problem.

your right that would bandaid the problem, but that kinda loop jumping shouldn’t be a thing.
I don’t normally buy games so i can move the files around to make it work

i don’t think this should be considered a multiplayer problem, because as far as i can tell its a single player problem, what if i wanted to play a toon from GD and one from an expansion at the same time to compaire the old and the new, this problem would still be a problem, it isn’t MP limited its just seen the most in MP

I absolutely see that list, even referred to it (did you miss that ?), but your simple ‘NO’ answer so understates the complexity of that list, which is what I was pointing out…

You might want to become accustomed to it as many other games involve mucking around with files whether it’s for modding purposes or other reasons. And really ask yourself, is it that much of a hassle to copy a folder to your desktop every so often? That’s all making a backup is.

Suit yourself, I can see that I’m not going to convince you so I’m not going to go any further as this discussion is going in a circle :man_shrugging:.

there are two expansion packs, and not getting them is your loss, Crate will sleep well either way

As mentioned, disable the xpacks, that basically is the NO switch you were looking for

Nitpicking… What if I want an ice cream, served not in spherical shape, but triangle, spiral or mobius strip? That is the problem of all ice cream shops. :roll_eyes:

yea my bad, i was including the dlc Crucible in that “expansions i want to buy” list.
does the disable xpacks command just disable the required files or delete them?

Disable, they are still installed as far as I know, never needed them

We have outlined the issues involved with this and our reasons for why it is this way and why we believe a partial solution would be non-trivial. Others are welcome to their opinion of course.

For those that wish to play cross-expansions, there are means to disable expansions temporarily.

If any of this dissuades you from purchasing the expansion content, that is your personal choice.

1 Like

All the commands do is tell the game (on launch) to ignore/disable the expansions.

If you want to disable both expacs just use: /nogdx1
If you only need to disable Forgotten Gods then you use: /nogdx2

Nice and easy, no uninstalling required. My Switcher tool is simply an automated method of using these commands, among other things.

I will probably check it out if you have a sale on the working game, but until then …

I always love when someone presents the opportunity to play one of my favorite gifs.