Unban Mad_Lee

I am not privy to the circumstances of his ban but the effect for me is obvious. The game is far less enjoyable without his builds. I think he made a substantial contribution to the longevity of this game and it should be recognized.

4 Likes

Yeah, we should make online petition to unban Lee. Unity is strength!

2 Likes

Not to be a downer but if your enjoyment of a game is dependent on someone else, that’s a problem.

8 Likes

Moderation decisions are not open to discussion.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, we do not discuss moderation decisions publicly.

Any ban, especially a permanent one, is not taken lightly. We try to maintain a community where mature individuals can participate and unwind from the BS of the real world. I would say we are more lenient than many official game forums when it comes to handing out bans.

I’ve seen the argument going around that some individuals have done more good than harm, and frankly I find that to be a ridiculous defense. If someone breaks the law but donates their time and money to charity, do they get a free pass in our society? If exceptions are made, then the rule of law is no longer just (and I’m sure an entire debate could start on this subject, but this is not the time nor the place for it).

One can easily argue that the “good” mad_lee had done for this community had stayed my hand on a ban for years, and that’s something I’ve made mention of to him directly on multiple occasions, but there is a point when enough is enough.

I will always choose the health of the overall community over any individual within it, regardless of their past contributions.

14 Likes