Upcoming Changes to the Shattered Realm (v1.1.9.0)

You know the buff numbers would just get adjusted if it procced of off any kill right? But regardless of whether that happens or not, there are ways of making Dracarris useful like recreating the skill bonuses or modifiers on it to either go hard on pet support in Demo or swapping the focus to a different mastery.

I won’t tell you to set your expectations high but at least try to stay optimistic, they can change items for the better and have done before in ways that really pay off, Corruption of Gargabol being one of the biggest that gets quoted.

Who says I am not optimistic. ?:slight_smile: Yes i know they might change the item. But there are items like Veilpiercer that are fantastic for Hellhound or Builds that use the Hellhound. Thats why i would prefer having Summon Limits numbers on the Skill itself instead of a set… since your choices would be much more and obviously make leveling a lot easier and more fun.

Did you check the link I sent to the hybrid pets topic at the bottom of my first post as Zantai details a few reasons why summon limit outside of pet sets/as part of the base skill isn’t a good idea. It also seems like something they want to be the defining trait for each pet set.

Edit: It’s also occurring to me that the current topic is getting way off of track with our back-and-forth :sweat_smile:.

Yes I did read everything couple days ago. As he mentions they will try to reduce the impact of the Sets on pet builds. That might mean adding stats for pets on certain items or Summon Limits on items(but I am sure he stated that its too much power on the item itself) . Still it doesnt change the fact that the hellhound is just a bystander on many pet Builds.

Yeah you are right lets stop it right here :smiley:

1 Like

Randomly drops this here while no one is looking and runs away

A Hell Hound Focused Set?

3 Likes

The skill makes you invincible for 3 seconds, and doesn’t restrict your mobility. Use your imagination. There was also an MI weapon added to the game that reduced its CD [EDIT: it extends duration, rather than decreasing CD], I believe, and can be dual wielded. @Armored-Otter made a build around it here. My feeling is this game is so god damn good because of items like these, which can totally transform your ideas of how a skill can be used! The creative limits are nearly boundless, if you look for them deep enough, and I want to thank Otter for sharing this inspiring build.

@BB_Shockwave from your posts you sound a lot like me, I like to play my way and honestly can barely tread water with SR and CR related topics from lack of build knowledge, because i dont get a lot of joy in grinding for that top time or whatever. But I am a hardcore player (and also play a lot of HC), and as such impose a lot of self-rules and handicaps on my builds for the sake of flavor and theme, and to experience the game in different ways. Many of these ways arent traditional, or popular. One example I can give is my custom built Monk style class (character is not allowed to use weapons and must fight with bare hands). My goal becomes to just complete the MC on Ultimate under these restrictions, and then again in HC.

Part of doing this involves experimenting with every single skill I enjoy, trying to do my best to build around it and make it the purpose of the build. This requires gear, many times, particularly if I want my builds to be as absolutely thematic as possible. So? I do what @x1x1x1x2 suggested…

I did this following @Nery’s vitality caster conjurer beginner guide. This build enabled me to farm in SR, for all the items my janky noob ass could dream of.

Then, i took those items and used them on the glitchy memey eccentric characters I love the most! These were build defining items. It wasnt too hard to do solo but I will say, getting the best rolls and what not, that is a challenge… but it also makes farming exciting. Even on normal, the SR rewards for 75-76 are great, I feel. I didnt even see the point in farming SR any other difficulty (for the purpose of farming items).

So you can see how having one set character whose role is specifically to farm, can bring you great joy in the long run, providing for, and in essence carrying all your other builds. Without resorting to GDstash or any mods.

2 Likes

there is no planned “end” to SR. Well one can say that SR50 is the planned end “lore wise” and I think most ppl can do that with just basic knowledge of the game and reasonable itemization and skills. But still, end game should be for those who really wanna learn about the game and get better. If anyone could do SR 50 with just playing blind, I would not play this game - it would be too easy for me.

Remember that the devs are ARPG nerds themselves and like the old ARPGs. Do you remember when you hit Hell difficulty in Diablo II? Took me a looong time to figure out how to beat the game at that difficulty. Was it worth it? Yeah it felt like an accomplishment, that I have done something others and myself have thought was impossible (but that some think it is rather trivial once you know basics of game mechanics). Progression in other words. Just like math, for those who wanna solve Einsteins equations for general relativity and just not read about it in popular science magazines - you have do the the hard work, fail number of times and then eventually succeed.

Can you give an example of this? Where a game change was forced upon just because a few min-maxers broke the game that destroyed the game for casual players?

1 Like

Far as I know (and I don’t play in SR so I could be wrong) you can get a blueprint for a Waystone at levels 5, 20, 35, 50 and 65 which you can then learn and make the stones at a blacksmith to use. They’re a way of saving you from having to run from 1 to 5 again to reach 5 for example; instead talking to Mazaan gives you the option to use a Waystone to start at whichever level a particular stone unlocks. I think you still need to make your way to a particular shard before you can access it, i.e you can’t use a Shattered Waystone when you reach 5, exit and then give Mazaan the stone to access 15 - you need to reach 15 first, but can then start a new SR session at that level once you’ve unlocked it.

If you continue to plow on from 75 into the higher Shards then I think loot does still drop. But if you use a Death’s Waystone to reach them then it’s no loot, just glory.

I hadn’t seen or read anything about the camera tricks, but this is a good change because screw any high level Shard with Benn’Jahr, double screw it if Grava’Thul is also there.

1 Like

Yay, I think it works anywhere, not only in SR.
Couple days ago I was able to nicely divide up the Bourbon Clones with it.

I don’t think it works in Crucibe. I was testing zoomed and rotated camera there once.

Hi, just popping in to say I got a SR boss room the other day with Morgoneth and Korvaak AND Grava, and if there’s a way to make that not happen I’d appreciate it :smiley:

1 Like

Greetings, Mr. Zantai.
I am revisiting Grim dawn after a six year break and I’m enjoying CE’s creation greatly. The game changed in many ways, the expansions are wonderful, lore wise and content wise.
I started from scratch. Ultimate difficulty, as expected, tested my build (melee 2h druid) and pointed out the weaker parts of it. Only when I climbed the 100 lvl summit and after ~70 hours of farming could I beat Ultimate difficulty in its entirety, crucible included. I enjoy crucible… And I absolutely like the Shattered realm - my goal was SR 65 - and I achieved it. I must say It could take another 50 hours of grinding to get to SR 65 if it was 1-2-1.
P.S. half my tries to pull with no abuse were successful.
P.P.S. this is addressed to whoever designed Grava’Tull - THIS IS A VALUE JUDGEMENT - regretfully I must say
I’ve been cursing you so many times, sorry about that… To this day I have an impression you might be delusional in your judgement on what is considered a satisfying challenge or what at least is a fun boss fighting experience - Grava’Tull is tedious and unfun. Unless you were trolling, ofc.

Mr. Zantai, I trust you are absolutely sure the upcoming 1-2-1 change will improve my experience.

I support your decision to patch the exploit.

1 Like

Reaper of the Lost and the Iron Maiden is not fun as a pair, either. One stuns you no matter how much stun reduction you have and the other has like a 300% run speed and runs circles around you… Took me like 6 deaths and retries to kill them, after I managed to die in a way as to lure the Reaper away. This of course, only after killing the Map Guardian and Jannaxia.

My current “fun” teamup is Gargabol, Benn’Jahr and good ol’ Fabius “The Unseen” Gonzar, all bunched up, running after me. I really am asking , how do you survive getting trapped by Bann’Jahr’s prison then get Fabius to hit you with everything he has for like, 3 seconds? I mean unless you are some Markovian shield Soldier hybrid armored to the teeth…

Kaizan can ruin any party as well if he shows up alongside a fast Nemesis like Fabius or Iron Maiden - it’s pretty hard to stop and have my pets target one of them because they are upon me in a fraction of a second.

Oddly, have not seen Morgoneth yet in the boss room. I guess I am lucky. Does he still have the katyusa magic missile barrage attack that fires from the crystal during the normal bossfight, and his Magi wraith buddies? I find that Gargabol is far less dangerous without the instadeath flamethrowers that are in the walls of his arena.

Thanks - I got up to 76 so far and the Celestial Waystone opens rifts to levels 70 and 75 now for me as well.
I just wonder if it depends how many levels/shards you accomplish before you claim your reward in how much loot you get? IE if I go to level 70 and go up to 80, do I get more loot than if I warped to 75 and went up to 80 from there?

Absolutely had to chime in here.

Often times, if I even look at the builds posted here I am stunned how they can forgo so much of the cc res or have it at such low values. I mean petrify is so uncommon but if you get gang rushed by a bunch or korvan statues and don’t move fast enough they will wreck you even in the rogue dungeon so I can’t imagine it in high SR.

Even with superb piloting, you can get rng’d super fast, not to mention mutators.

My only guess is that the one or 2 videos don’t typically show the multiple deaths that might have occurred in between or with horrible mutators that were skipped or something. Or they are relying on really high dps to gib everything before this occurs. Also going 10 times without death is a really small sample size.

I have no proof of such but after so many hours in 75+ sc SR, I can’t see it happening where you just steam roll everything with those cc stats lacking regardless of piloting. Or maybe it’s actively avoiding bad mutators?

I have had obscene defensive characters with above acceptable minimum dps get instant gib’d so fast that I couldn’t even pot.

The last time I was in high SR (above 76) it was double fab with MQ and res shred basilisk with extra oa for mobs and crit dmg. I never died so fast and the whole room came at one time.

Yea I deleted the game because that, pointless to play for nothing and SR 80 is easy to reach

2 Likes

Is there a timeframe when to expect the Update 1.1.9? Whilst the christmas days I played some hours again and would be happy to see the update in the near future.

Playing Grim Dawn is still a lot of fun :slight_smile:

I hope it’ll be here end of this week or at tops next week.

1 Like

Are you just hoping or hoping based on some info :face_with_monocle:?

1 Like

looks like somewhere on february or late january