Upcoming Changes to the Shattered Realm (v1.1.9.0)

This. I would have some choice words for her…she is really tough in certain spawns/rooms and such. At over 75…I always want to just escape out and not risk it.

That’s pretty much the perfect middle ground, I love it!

100%

Looking forward to next patch!

5 Likes

Camera abuse is really predictable. So no need for a change? :smiley:

1 Like

Most people don’t know how to do it and many people simply refuse to move the cam. The change will allow those people to play the same way as most forum builders play, so imo it will be more fair for everyone.
Also pulling bosses 1 by 1 made SR too easy and we all knew that, so having to fight at least 2 bosses at the same time will increase difficulty a little bit at least.

10 Likes

I’m happy that I won’t have to resort to the gimmicks of rotating the camera and worry which way it’s turned before going to chunk 4.
Also some players get dizzy from rotation.

5 Likes

It is interesting that SR is easy but when I started to post builds half a year ago. Then it was impossible for them to do SR 65-66 and I was lying obviously and now ‘elite players’ are telling us that SR 75-76 is just a little addon to MC. :smiley: And I read that SR 80 is even easier than 75-76 :smiley:

1 Like

You are talking about the origins of the video proof meme, if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

Once you play one of their builds, you will understand why yours are crap :wink: (irony)

5 Likes

I did once and it was really marvellous :smiley: I actually think that SR should be nerfed because you can’t now even facetank Benny in SR 90. :smiley:

Yes of course, elite builders have super powers - they make all content to appear weaker. :wink:

I am getting dizzy by just watching someone else doing it :smile:

Make builds that clear elite difficulty. Let me know if there are any ultimate builders around here :wink:

5 Likes

Not 80, 81 because there new bosses starts to spawn (and hardest like Korvaak, MQ, fumble snake are gone) and scaling is not so higher than in 75.

Depends of build, but optimized one and with agro abuse usually it is.

Otherwise I think I’m dumb and I understood whole 1-2-1 concept wrong. These are not waves but just 2 bosses always go together. For high sr (out of balance etc) it’s not good change but not because of difficulty spike but because of rapidly decreasing builds variety and gameplay.
Like build which is still not outscaled on sr100+ in 1vs1 situation may have troubles with few combos on even 90 (and still do it anyway) so gameplay will look like that:

1. Kill “1” and “1”. Fight is not exciting, they are going to be totally demolished.
  2. Defwhore on the corners running like headless chicken for two bosses. No more some interesting skill manage, no more learning animations, dodging. Just running away. Same for 1vs1 because now enemies are very hardly outscaled by player in this situation.

I wonder the only builds viable in high shards are going to be retals and some arcanist casters. If the only choice is going to be “smash 1vs1 like nothing without care about boss skillset because you are way under your maximum and be destroyed/run from corner to corner in 1vs2” or “play retal” it’s going to be end of GD for me.

1 Like

There are more things in GD to do than SR90+

4 Likes

If you’re getting destroyed by a 1v2, then perhaps you need to set a new standard for yourself for what is achievable in SR, rather than stubbornly expecting the same old results only made possible by an exploit?

15 Likes

Playing only crucible or sr75?

That’s not what I mean, with some builds I can go very high in these situations, even luring all bosses at once. I meant gameplay. Example again for build which can go sr100:
Shard 90 - I’m going to destroy every enemy in 1vs1 situation without care about their skillset because it’s not necessary. I’m going to win 1vs2 situation anyway, just go from corner to corner.
Shard 95 - I’m going to destroy every enemy in 1vs1 situation without care about their skillset because it’s not necessary. I’m going to win 1vs2 situation vs meme combos, some may be impossible, much more RNG factor added than it was before.
Shard 100 - 1vs1 is very exciting and require to learn boss skillset and some strategy. 1vs2 is impossible. So I can go there, kill 2 bosses for fun (because 1vs1 is what made sr fun for me in high shards) and quit.

But agro abuse is still there? So no exploit was fixed, just requirement to fight 1vs2. Without camera thing it is still possible to fight 1vs1, just go die at oposite side of the room at start, bosses will be positioned, more space, 1vs1 possible. Repeat more times to position them again if something went wrong. Just room is going to take not 10 minutes but 15-20.

Actually MC is far superior to both.

1 Like

Majority of time I played GD it was for me too. Now I know every quest, every route in dungeons and there is no challenge or some new exciting things. Farming is too easy too, just rush for Dark one/Krieg with first character, farm sr for 2 weeks, you have most of the items.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove with that. If going to such extreme and not guaranteed to even work measures is your idea of sticking it to the man…have fun?

There are so many weird build combos that can be done. Try it :slight_smile: You don’t have to build super duper all the time.

4 Likes

I am trying to prove that without camera it is possible to fight 1vs1 and be consistent at it, so basically no exploit was deleted but now players have to fight 2 bosses at once and it can kill a lot of builds diversity and exiting 1vs1 fights. Bosses are interesting once they are very hard.

2 Likes