Updating mod

Hello. So, i’ve been playing with some old smash’n’grab mod for 3 or 4 years and it was working perfectly after every update, but after 1.2 came out, it kind of broke. Items in inventory don’t have colored backgrounds, items on floor marked as common, components doesn’t stack in inventory too. Monster density and skill+devotion points working as intended, i belive, but it’s nearly unplayable because of aforementioned problems. I’ve tried to change values in asset manager and rebuild mod, but to no avail. After that i deleted “Big Caravan” folder in mod folder, thinking that it was something inventory related, it didn’t help either. So the question is, can i somehow update this mod and keep everything (I mean more devotion points, bigger monster density etc.) as it was or is it impossible?
Mod name is “smash_n_grab4x_s101_5sp_BL” if it’s important.

I think the issue related to items in inventory not having colored backgrounds should be fixed records\game\gameengine.dbr to adapt to the new version.

Smash n Grab was updated for 1.2

(it’s on Nexus)

Thank you so much for advice. It was hard, but after several hours i finally managed to update it.

How do you fix it? Can you guide me?

Yeah, sure. It might be a bit overcomplicated, but it worked for me.

1. Make a copy of the mod you want to update and place it somewhere (It’s an optional step, but needed in case you’d want to change values in new “gameengine.dbr” to ones you have in your mod, since this one will have base game values)
  2. Open AssetManager>Work Offline>Press “Tools” and then “Extract Game Files”. Select main Grim Dawn Folder and just wait until it completes extraction, then close AssetManager.
  3. Open “database” folder that was created in the main game folder, then records>game and copy “gameengine.dbr” into your (not one you copied, the one in the “mods” folder) “ModName”>database>records>game folder and replace it.
  4. Delete “ModName.arz” in “database” folder.
  5. Open AssetManager again, click “Mod”>“select” and select your mod. Then just press “Build”.

That’s all, sorry i’m terrible at explaining things, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Thank you so much, i will try that.

Hey Shadow.

Having the exact same problem you were, no coloured backgrounds, item stacking…

I don’t suppuse you could upload your gameengine.dbr file somewhere could you? I’m having a hell of a time with it. I tried re-extracting in asset manager, but the database folder did not appear in the game directory, even though I selected it to extract to.