Updating Old Epics to Mythical Status

Perhaps after patch 1.1.7.0 there could be one final thing and that is adding mythical versions of epic items that don’t have them. I can actully think of quite a lot of them which I would want to make builds around but I can’t because they are not in the game. It would greatly increase build variety. And creating new versions of already existing items should not be that much of a work I guess.
It is sad that some of them are only having purpose as leveling items and can’t be in endgame builds.

1 Like

Why wait? :confused:

Because I want a lot of them :slight_smile:

The Praetorian set!
It is like a baby version of the SR-set, would love to have this one in mythical version too! Perhaps with some small +% all damage mods (like 40-50% / piece) and +1 all skills as set completion bonus.

2 Likes

Assuming this set is the closest thing we’ll get that allows us to roleplay as a Combat Medic, I second this.

Also, what @Cne said… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I will list some of the epic items that I want as mythical epics.

Marauder’s set - we need a set for ranged DW Sorcerers, it has unique fire and cold combo and it has a WPS on the belt!, more WPS in game please :slight_smile: it could be like Nex and Ortus but for DW ranged, give it chaos converted to cold for Brimstone (or global conversion)

Oathbreaker’s set - more love for gun and shield combo

Soulthief - such a nice wepaon, it would be great for DW arcanists, give it some attack speed and reduce cooldown on skill

Prismatic Eviscerator - make Battlemages great again :slight_smile: perhaps add conversion from vitality to elemental to it so that it can be even used with Spellbinders or Death Knights

Wildcaller’s set - alternative to Ultos, every PS build has Ultos, boring…

Gunslinger’s Jacket - enables ranged DW, very important

Maiven’s set - it has a nice shield on the amulet :slight_smile:

Essence of Beronath - I have already made a thread about it

Stormseeker’s Saber - more options for DW lightning, it has Chain Lightning

Storm Scion - make a mythical version with a powerful proc for some fun, add electrocute damage

Slithbane - I could see 2H acid Cadence with it, add % poison damage and +4 cadence, please :slight_smile:

Maleficus - would be nice for DW chaos, it has fumble on it!

Aetherwoe - it would be very nice weapon for DW aether and it has a nice proc

Apothecary set - what a cool set, add Pneumatic Burst to it for diversity

Carnage set - more love for bleeding damage

Praetorian set - perhaps add some +% all damage to mythical version

Shadow’s Grasp - more diversity for gloves

Obsidian Grasp - more diversity for gloves

Silktouch Handwraps - more diversity for gloves

Spellmaker’s Grip - more diversity for gloves

Farmstead Liberator - some more love for Blade Arc

Gutwrench Eviscerator - some love for bleeding damage

Boneshard Lacerator - some love for bleeding damage

Flamebreaker - more shields please :slight_smile:

Vanguard of the Legion - more shields please

Skyreach Sash - points to stromcaller’s pact are scarce

Warmonger’s Spaulders - it has Battle Cry!

Warmaster’s Pride - such a useful amulet

Badge of Tenacity - useful proc

Chonag’Ri - more love for bleeding damage

Bloodseal - more love for bleeding damage

Beast Slayer’s Mark - nice for physical Warders

Ancestral Ward - nice resistances and health, could be used to fix builds

Bloodreaper’s set - add % piercing damage to it and make a mythical version, we don’t have a pierce and bleeding set

Warhammer of Heavenly Judgment - what an awesome skill, make it powerful please :slight_smile:

Wrathsteel Repeater - make a good 2H weapon for aether Panetti, perhaps even with aether conversion for it

Blackwood Arbalest - make a good 2H weapon for elemental Panetti

Progenitor - nice mace for Druids

Fanatic’s Overcoat - great general purpose armor

2 Likes

Stakethrower and Soulthief both come to mind because they have unique skills which don’t seem to be present on any high-level items in the game. If you end up choosing soulthief, its skill bonuses could be updated because they’re pretty sub-optimal :grimacing:

Would it be another good idea to reduce level requirements for all myth epics to 90 or even better 84? This should give players more room to try and experiment with them. Legendaries aren’t that rare esp if it isn’t a first build. At level 94 you always choose legendaries just because usually they’re stronger.

2 Likes

I have also been looking for ranged DW enablers, specifically for a Spellbreaker dual wielding Mythical Hagarradian Enforcers (which could use a buff!) and have found available options to be somewhat lacking. There are good options available for fire, chaos and lightning but other damage types are struggling.

1. Higher level version of Plunderer’s Talisman would be best.
  2. Mythical Gunslinger’s Jacket would offer generally available access to ranged DW for many classes and damage types.
1 Like

Marrow Band for some extra pet itemisation would be nice

1 Like

How about a mythical version of Lokarr set? :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

A mythical version of one of those items that grant a ring of flame like burning hatred or flamebreaker with a greatly increased radius on the ring of flame proc would be much appreciated. Would be a lot of fun building around this proc running around and burning everything in this radius.

The radius could be as big as those heros using this skill.

The Praetorian Set please, thank you.

2 Likes

I would love to see Wildcaller set to get a mythical version as an alternative for those who want to make melee primal strike build and don’t have the ultos set.

1 Like

Yes, I have forgotten about Wildcaller’s set, that would be awesome :slight_smile:

Maleficus. Love chaos damage and it often finds a place while levelling, particularly as I play DW. A mythical version that comes with cold (or pierce) -> chaos conversion would be awesome.

Also perhaps a Mythical Marauder’s set that also adds +1 all Inquisitor NightBlade or Inquisitor skills?

1 Like

I loved the Preatorian set back in the base game. It was a nice placeholder set for when you didn’t have all those spicy legendaries yet.

I’m seeing the Apothecary Set mentioned a lot, and that’s definitely an unfulfilled niche, so consider it done!

14 Likes

Since you mentioned Apothecary set, how about to add mythical version for this one?

Oh my god, THANK YOU!!!