Upgrading Dirt Road to Paved Road

Clicking on “Select Build Site” doesn’t do anything. So there’s no way to check progress/ no. of builders/ assign priority, etc

You should get a number of square build sites from the beginning to the end of each segment, each of which individually can have priority set. However each of the build sites on a segment of road must have materials delivered and work done before the segment is upgraded, and you can get overlap from another road section that starts/ends where another does if selected to upgrade.

The thing that happens where a builder drops off the last of the required materials then goes and does anything else occurs with roads too.

Another thing I have noticed that roads have lower priority than any other building, so if you have more open worker slots on other buildings (including walls) none will ever touch a road.

2 Likes

My idiots will abandon building work and steal all my stone to give priority to paving roads.

Weird. My roads never seem to get paved (likely because I always have excess building tasks, maintenance, housing upgrades)

I always have issues getting any roads, dirt or cobbled, to actually build once i reach midgame.