Upheaval/Feral Hunger damage discrepancy

So I was checking some damage numbers for Upheaval so I can go whine in the Blazerush feedback thread how much Upheaval needs improvement when I noticed something:

The difference between the two skills in terms of %WD is 1% yet Upheaval shows around 30 % more tooltip damage from the weapon. With Feral Hunger one level higher, its %WD overtakes Upheaval, yet its raw WD number is still far below. I’m guessing the raw damage number for Upheaval is correct but the WD % on the tooltip is off, cause it’d be pretty weird for a lvl 5 Feral Hunger to have the same WD % as a lvl 16 Upheaval. Regardless, Upheaval smol and weak, pls halp! :smiley:

I feel like Grim Tools of the character could be of some use here :stuck_out_tongue: 1.1.9.7 or 8?

Don’t think which char it is makes a difference but sure: Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

It’s 9.7, else I’d have put it in the PTR thread.

Is it counting crit multiplier, seeing as it’s only on crit? At 82% that doesn’t seem to match up though…

I doubt that, it triggers on crit on your attack but that doesn’t mean Upheaval itself is gonna crit too. I don’t think the game even factors crit multipliers into any sheet numbers.

What does actual weapon damage show as in game?

20230316012657_1

Ok so matches Feral hunger. Just wanted to make sure it was the correct one. Tooltip issue I guess, should be ~166%WD for Upheaval (as FH is 165% at rank 11)

I figured out it has something to do with Savagery.
They are in correct proportions if you don’t have it on LMB / RMB and restart the game.
But if you put Savagery there, maybe also start shooting, then suddenly Upheaval’s WD becomes greater.

2 Likes

Maybe it just uses savagery damage instead WD then?

You’re right, if I start a new session with basic attack on mouse the numbers are correct. If I then swap to Savagery the numbers remain the same. But if I then generate a few stacks of Savagery, the numbers break again. But, if I start a new session with Savagery already on mouse, the numbers are wrong from the get go without having to attack. What in the actual…

2 Likes

Ah GD, endless mystery. Will you ever be solved?

18% are related to Might of the Bear (the damage is lower when you remove levels from the skill modifier)

Thanks for the report.

This is a display issue and will be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.