Uroborruk's Reaping - Reaping Arc Discussion

Just one basic question, since I cannot test it atm: That 245% WD (i assume, the screenshot is from GT) - is it Main hand only, or Off hand also?

Only Main Hand.

2 Likes

It should be nerfed, definitely, but I hope it remains spammable, and they tone the damage down.

Havent test it yet but I think it’s quite nice to have a granted skill from relic as main skill dmg (the first is Oblivion relic). It’s only strong with 2handed melee and conversions though, so I think it may need a decent nerf.

Woah, stop. I hate how everyone is calling for nerfs, and no one has actually tried to make a build and post results. This is your typical knee-jerk reaction that Z always loves. Personally, I think this is exactly what necro needed, a strong AA-like skill.

Lets do a more in-depth comparison. BA has innately 50% (!) crit that everyone glossed over, how convenient (MOAR with transmuter). RA has none, and necro only has a small source of temporary crit. Furthermore, BA is obviously affected by gear modifiers. Most BA builds will run Grasp of Unchained Might for the % wep dmg. And there’s obviously more gear that benefits BA, like bloodrager, etc. And oh look, this Celestial Halberd adds 35% crit. Thats 85% crit right there on maybe 225% wep damage WITH great conversion. But sure, let’s all ignore the gear.

I’m not saying every BA build uses these specific items, but decent ones probably use some gear with skill modifiers like extra flat dmg and so on. RA has none of that. This argument is akin to wanting nerfs on all seal components because devs tried to add some cool extra skills for any class. Get a grip, don’t nerf RA, please and thanks :grinning:

EDIT: The reason I mentioned crit too was because soldier has Oleron’s rage (14% OA at 12/12) and field command for moar OA. Context is everything.

2 Likes
1 Like

I love how this reply specifically called out people for not actually posting builds but then also doesn’t post a build for his comparison. Smh.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvDj3pN > change head to krieg cause that’s what I had before I stopped playing earlier.

It only felt a bit worse than @grey-maybe blade arc dk. And full krieg isn’t even the best of the reaping arc build. I reckon it’ll be better with ele>phys conversion.

3 Likes

If anyone still isn’t convinced that this is getting nerfed, then look at chillspikes and biting blades. If a non mastery skill that isn’t a full set bonus carries a build by itself, it’ll get nerfed.

1 Like

I knew someone would say this. “This thread has no builds but your post doesn’t either so your opinion doesn’t matter”. It’s pretty funny.

To the couple builds I saw for RA, it looks like its in a decent place. No sub 2min Crucible or whatever ridiculous metric you use. If RA can at least be close to BA, then that’s a good balance I think. If it gets nerfed to the point where you’ll always go for BA instead, that’s bad = the skill doesn’t have a reason to exist.

But that’s a fair statement. If you wanna call out someone for doing something you see as wrong then don’t do the same thing as them or you’ll look dumb.

Then you haven’t seen how the game has been balanced up to this point. These skills are meant to be supportive skills, fillers or whatever you wanna call them. There were precedents of them nerfing item skills that aren’t even as strong as Reaping Arc. I don’t see why this wouldn’t be nerfed.

2 Likes

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. Besides, it’s much easier to show proof of something needing nerfs/buffs than it is to show proof of something not needing a nerf/buff

1 Like

I don’t disagree. However, the claim goes for both sides, meaning both sides need to present proof. And while your second statement is also true, that doesn’t mean you’re exempt from presenting proof if you’re on the “no changes” side.

This conversation is silly so I’ll stop with this last post. If you want me to make an RA build, I can do that and run crucible but I’m a bad pilot so it’ll be somewhere like 10min, which proves nothing. You’ll accuse me of intentionally playing bad to skew results. If I make a BA build, same thing. This is what @Snazzblaster was referring to.

The better way to approach this if you think RA is too strong, show your results. I want to see RA outperform BA builds like you think it does. My opinion is, BA is still better: we know that from forum builds made by veterans. RA should also be decent to even compare, and it looks fine to me now. Read: It’s not OP. You’re welcome to prove me wrong.

I get the feeling that Oppressor with converted RA is going to be completely busted. Double phys RR, complete disregard of armor, and you get the fat crit from divine mandate on top of it.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the one who’s accusing me of anything here? I haven’t even seen you results yet. I know the difference between a good and a bad pilot and that’s not even the topic here.

Oh don’t worry. One build was already posted. The next few days will have more builds posted too. And it’s not just me working on it.

1 Like

Binders are just the beginning. Wait until you see the first Deathknights, Witchblades and Warlords with 100% physical conversion. You only need 3 Items and a component for that.
A spamable skill with 245% WD and it ignores armor. Enemies have low phys res.
It’s easy to reach 40k WD.

5 Likes

There are a lot of builds coming, I’ve already seen over a dozen on Discord.
Testers do feel the opportunity here and make RA builds of all damage types.

245% seems a tad too high / easy to get and that’s coming from item skills’ lover (Item skills).
Maybe decreasing Weapon Damage and increasing flat a bit instead?

Other component skills are still strong with far less weapon damage although
they do have more AoE / flat and I’m not melee / Blade Arc player so I’m not sure
how more damage melee skill should have as a compensation.

Anyway, so far I’ve made

Chaos Reaping Arc

Grim Tools

In Crucible it’s also strong but I’m too lazy to get a proper time there atm.

I also used Reaping Arc as a filler skill in Fire Shieldbreaker with buffed
Barthollem’s Gavel but it’s not flat damage focused so it won’t properly
measure this skill potential. But it’s cool to melee with Guardians together.

5 Likes

Lets also not forget that RA doesn’t require any skill point investment, unlike BA, obviously. So it only makes sense for a fully invested skill with multiple skill mods to be not outperformed by a granted skill.

Like, for example, Obliteration can’t beat AAR, can it?

4 Likes

Too bad seal of void can not activate from Reap arc :frowning:

nothing nothing nothing

1 Like