V0.7.5f -- Endless building repairs!

So I spend about half of my time “relocating” my buildings to the same space because they are still not getting repaired fast enough (tons of workers, tons of laborers, tons of builders, and tons of materials!). This makes the game very unpleasant!

4 Likes

same here.
But keep in mind, it’s an Early Access game.
I’ve seen and played far more buggy releases.

No issues with that. It is not the amount laborers/builders that counts but the number of free laborers/builders and the availability of the required goods. You might want to turnoff the automatic upgrade of the housing so the queue doesn’t get to big

You can also store some of the needed good to repair in your trading post so you can release it when needed.

Its not a matter of supplies, its a matter of the number of builders actually doing the work of repairing the buildings. I have tried to play around with the +/- of builders, but that doesn’t seem to really help. Also, I will always make sure that I have the laborers in white by reducing the number of assigned workers at various professions. And I do all of this over and over with no end in sight. Its just so damn tedious.

Labours won’t do the repairs, it is the builders. Make sure you don’t have other buildings/fences and the like waiting to be done as they will do that first. I also believe desirability has some effect on it, though there are those that disagree with me. :slight_smile: (currently, I have only 3 buildings that are about to crumble, and they are abandoned… which reinforces my belief in desirablity)

With 500 inhabitant, wood plank become critical, I have 5 sawmill (35 workers) and if I don’t constantly relocate building they would never produce enough plank for the whole town maintenance. Raw wood never goes below 2500.
I have 70 builders (assigned, 8 really working yet) and 149 free laborer.

Degradation rate is way to high, or count to much on a “rare” and/or unrealistic resource (the Church of St Andrew have planks dated from 1025 ad).
Thatched roof degradation with the need of weed or wheat would be more realistic at this rate.

I’m only on Year 9 of a new map and my Marketplace already has need to repair for a cost of 8 wood planks… seriously? It was built in year 2, so 7 years and I have to repair it already?

Welcome to home ownership… there is always something to fix :rofl:

1 Like

There are several factors to the damage of buildings. If you’ve had a lot of blizzards integrity will be lowered faster.

Additionally, the repair notice comes up when the building is at 60% integrity as opposed to previous patches in which the prompt only appeared at 40%.

Yes, I am aware. It was just feedback in it’s most raw form.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.