V0.9.1 Status Update

Drought flashes are too strong - Farthest Frontier / Public-Testing Bug Reporting - Crate Entertainment Forum

so sorry, but how do i get this playstest working. Im a bit new to early access soā€¦

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

You need to follow the instructions in this thread.

Frontier Playtester FAQ - Farthest Frontier / Public-Testing Discussion - Crate Entertainment Forum

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

First feedback for this new playtest still exists from the previous patch/playtest. Hunters are a constant source of dead civilians due to their attack mechanic when being raided. They charge at raiders and simply die every time. Hunters should retreat in the same manner as normal citizensā€¦

I would prefer, if a small building like a Hunters Guild could be built, if there could be a way to waypoint all hunters in the settlement and customise their interactions with raiders, like bars that determine their eagerness to melee (options like Aggressive, Aggressive if out of arrows, Only if in melee range), eagerness to range (Aggressive, Auto-retreat), and Health % before Auto-retreating.

This would help in earlier game, and also in later game when the capacity of your Soldiers is lacking, while also being able to avoid the constant source of dead civilians.

2 Likes

We absolutely need a quick way to select all hunters of the village. I always group them together to repel the attack and doing so one by one is a real pain when you have a lot of hunters.

Is the playtest no longer available?

Itā€™s available, but you need to follow the instructions in this thread to be able to download it for testing.

Frontier Playtester FAQ - Farthest Frontier / Public-Testing Discussion - Crate Entertainment Forum

Does the drought mechanic increase the likeness of buildings catching of fire? I feel like Iā€™ve been getting a lot more fires than the usual when droughts are around.

I havenā€™t seen it increase building fires, and I just completed playing about 15 years this morning, of which about half of them were Drought Years.
On the other hand, the loss of crops to drought is Very affected by the drought-resistance of the crops. As in, two identically-sized fields, one lost 212, the other 26 because one was planted in crop with some drought resistance, while the other was not. I will be watching the drought resistance of what I plant very carefully from now on!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I couldnā€™t find where to ask my question, has the problem of cows being able to access fields even if they are fenced been resolved?

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/rogue-cows/131055/21

1 Like

Can I playtest using GeForce Now?

thank you :slight_smile:

I wanted to apply for the update 0.9.1 can anyone assist on how i can update to the said version ?thanks alot guys appreciate it

Ok, nice to see more updates, been away for a while.
Will start a new game and see whatā€™s what.
Nice work Devs.

No word on the new update? Dang ā€¦