[v1.0.0.2 Elementalist] STORMHEART: How to facetank at 10.000 Volts

Pretty much title is question.

[Edit] i found out myself: its that wolf medal.

Cool build. Only downside imo is that you dont have no gapclose skill. How does this feel in gameplay?

Which augments do you recommend with this build ?

The build has evolved quite a bit since my original post, Im gonna update it soon. The basics are still the same, but I optimised resist reduction and gear.

Concerning augments: You basically just want to max resists depending on your gear and skills. If you run dryad for example, you can completely skip on poison and bleed resist. My priorities would be:

1. Elemental (should be easy), Chaos, Vitality
  2. Pierce, Bleed
  3. Poison, Aether

The Only “Must have” is the Kymion’s Chosen augment, since it provides a chance for a -20 demage debuff which is super strong.

For Gap closing, just use a riftstone, movespeed should be maxed out and mark of dreeg is not needed (see below)

Just a little update on the -resist Situation. Please take this with a big grain of salt, this is to my best knowledge!

Flat reduction (-n reduced)
-You can completely forget about mark of dreeg’s flat 15 percent reduction. We use grasping wines with Elemtal Storm which provides -30 flat reduction. Since it triggers all the time and to my knowledge “-n reduced resistances” don’t stack, this is our source for flat reduction. This why we don’t need agonizing flames or raging tempest.

Percent Reduction (-n% reduced) stacking:
So this is where we can and should be stacking. My updated build will provide:
-33% from Arcane Bomb
-15% from Ulzuins Headguard
-40% from Thermite Mines (can go up to -50, but you will need the skill at 16 instead of 9. With all the plus skills we get thats 12 points spend versus just 5).

(n% reduced)
20% Viper
Sadly, 17% from Open Hand of Mercy Ring won’t stack i believe.

Any chance you could request to have your great build added to the build compendium thread? I’d love to see it there as I grab a lot of my character builds from it! I’m sure others do the same.

One thing I don’t understand is you say you need Static Strike at “ultimate level for that 75%” but I don’t see anything at 75% for Static Strike. At 22/12 it’s at 94% Fire Damage so is that what you’re referring to?

GrimCalc’s description leaves out that the Lightning damage of Static Strike has a percent chance to happen. At max rank, that is 75%. It starts out at 30% chance to happen.

This one’s worth looking at again with Explosive Strike now giving melee AOE. Daila Stormsbury is having a great time so far.

I thought, after searching around, static strike didn’t work with explosive strike aoe, ranged or melee. Could anyone confirm yay or nay

I used this build, Static Strike seems to work Explosive Strike