[V1.0.0.6] Wildblood Conjurer (2h melee, vit/phys/bleed)

It’s been a while since I saw that Wildblood Crusher, then looked at the skills in Shaman and Occultist and noticed a lot of Vitality/Bleeding synergies. I planned the build a few weeks ago. Now I have all necessary gear and a toon. The bbuild didn’t work as I initially planned, but I’ll cover that later.

Please keep in mind this build is more of a case study then a proper top-tier build. You will not be breaking killtime records or farming crucible with it. Though I haven’t tried the latter, it may actually be Gladiator viable, but the clearspeed is not as fast.

So, what I have (all buffs and Savagery up, no procs):

Grimcalc (with +skills and devotions):
http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-ae3wyU

Gear (my choice / alternatives):
Weapon - Wildblood Crusher + Hollowed Fang (vit conversion + ohshit-skill)
Head - Eldritch Gaze / Bloodrager’s Cowl + Leathery hide (we have no stun resist sources)
Shoulders - Wildblood Mantle + Silk Swatch (we lack pierce res) / Bloodfury Spaulders
Chest - Dread Armor of Azragor / Fiendscale Jacket / Bloodrager’s Coat + Chains of Oleron (we lack OA massively)
Legs - good Dreeg-sect Legguards / Boneweave Leggings / Chausses of Barbaros + Scaled Hide
Feet - Boneshatter Threads + Mark of te Traveller
Hands - Voidsteel Gauntlets / Grasp of Unchained Might + Consecrated wrappings
Belt - Wildblood Girdle / Guthook belt / Boneweave Girdle + Rigid Shell
Amulet - Bloodrager’s Gem / Deathbound Amethyst + Dread skull
Medal - Mark of Divinity / Badge of Mastery with +Savagery and something useful + Dread skull
Rings - good MIs (Cronley’s are the best), preferrably one Incorruptible and one with Stun resist.
Relic - Solael’s Decimation

Augments (I will only cover weapon and jewelry, as armor is pure resist fillers):
Weapon - Potent Essence of Ch’thon / Potent Oleron’s Fervor. I chose the first since I went Vitality path, and because of additional res reduction
Amulets/Rings - Mogdrogens Sanctity if you need elemental resist (and you will probably need it), Overseer’s Gaze / Survivors Perseverance for Aether resist, Survivor’s Ingenuity if possible (we need that OA).

Pros:

• Huge health regen (~700hp/sec without procs, + ~1300 from Wendigo)
  • Huge phys resist (I have 29% with Savagery up, you can have 31% with better roll on armor)
  • Easy to level. Disintegrates everything up to Ultimate, can be leveled as a Lightning or Phys char until 50+.
  • Easy to gear. Most of the items on this toon are not BiS in any other build, and mostly quite common. You’ll easily trade those if you need.
  • Quite tanky overall. The skills and devotions provide A LOT of life steal from different sources. The only boss I couldn’t facetank is The Mad Queen (seriously, that pink aura is beyound broken for melee chars).

Cons:

• Huge issues with OA
  • Not the best clearspeed in Ultimate
  • Lacks AoE
  • Single-target damage is average
  • You won’t get the synergy you wanted. See the last section.
  • Some resist reduction changes (read nerfs) are on the way, so this build may be wrecked soon enough.

The general combat looks like this:
Trash - Send them Devouring Swarm, run into the middle, cast Curse of Frality+Grasping Vines, kill the ones who survived with Savagery
Bosses - add Wendigo totem to the queue
If you feel you’re not sustaining well - activate Blooddrinker. If you’re in a deep sh1t - Mark of Divinity will save you.

Fabius kill (could be faster if I didn’t forget to cast Devouring Swarm sometimes):

Conclusion:
The Wildblood set is misleading in its idea of combining Vitality and Bleeding. In fact, you will have to choose one of the two. The set items and bonuses provide sensaional amounts of +%Bleeding, but no raw bleeding damage at all. The standalone legendaries in Belt and Shoulder slots feature either raw bleeding damage, or much better +skills. Moreso, the only devotion that features both Bleeding and Vitality is tier1 Bat, that gives no raw bonuses and has, probably, one of the weakest procs of all tier1.
as a result, I have a toon with +1000% bleeding damage that does 15k ticks on fully debuffed Dummy.
The only good thing about the set is the weapon - it’s just great, it has everything you may need.
You may try to combine the Wildblood weapon with Bloodragers set, but then it’ll be a completely different setup all around, and Vitality will stop making any sense.
It’s a shame that such a great synergy on class level has such a poor support in all other aspects.

Would be happy to see the comments/suggestions on how to make Vit+Bleed great again.

Nice build :slight_smile:

Just wanna know, in your savagery damage, which one the highest?
Vitality damage or bleeding damage?

2,2k is not enough to kill/crit bosses with this build? What do you mean by writing: huge issues with OA ?

No Rend?? No Falcon Swoop? No wonder you have so small bleeding damage. I have 17k ticks on Mad Queen (Vet) with my 45lvl conjurer with SF gear (weapon is Farmstead Liberator, except this one i have no gear supporting bleed yet).

Vitality is dominant.

You will crit and kill them, but your crit chance will be low.

I’d have to drop some vitality devotions to introduce those. Going rend will probably mean no dying god. And i’m not interested in reduced bleed res on rend since I have plenty already.

i think you dont need occulist for wildblood set, either nb or soldier are better choices

like caster bleeding with devuring swarm, grasping vines, living shadow, rend, nemesis pet, blade spirit etc. maybe pb with cd i dunno just teory crafting

Where does vitality damage boosts come from in your scheme? Because occultist with both bleeding and vitality resist reduction and both raw and % bonuses to vitality damage seems like a natural choice.

What you are trying to achieve is a bleeding variation of wildblood set. My initial idea was to have both effective, and my main complain is that you can’t achieve that.

You can try to share your vision of this build with skills and devotions, it would be interesting to see it.

what i see in your build, you just take advantage of soloel’s as vitality from occulist part which is wortless in my opinion.

It would be interesting to see how you see the build around this set, maybe I’d adjust something I’d find profitable.

Meanwhile let me explain how I got to the Occultist as a choice.

There is an old thread that has theorycrafting around this set, and the guys who tried shared the common flaw - lack of OA. When it comes to boosting OA there are two classes that solve this issue effectively - Demolitionist (best) and Occultist (slightly worse).

Other useful feature of Shaman in general and especially Savagery Shaman is huge +% health regen. To fully utilize this you may need a huge source of flat health regen. There are three classes that provide this, and again those are Occultist (best), Demolitionist (slightly worse) and Nightblade (worst).

Now, damage-wise. The set implies use of Vitality and Bleeding damage. There are three classes that give bonuses to one of those - Occultist (both Vitality and Bleeding), Soldier (Bleeding) and Nightblade (Bleeding).

The other common flaw that arised in the old thread - the build is skillpoint-hungry. So I looked at the items I’m planning to use and calculated approximate amount of skillpoints I’ll gain through items. And it appeared that the gear I’m aiming for mostly gives Occultist or Soldier bonuses.

So I gathered all this, and immediately noticed that Occultist features in each category, and fits the build stylistically and ideologically. That’s how the decision was made.

thank you for your explaination but i am not judjing your build, i just said there may be other ways to build with this set quite suituble. also soldier has good OA boosts too, nb for casting option, i am not at home i ll try to make my point of view for this set.

hi mate, i am at home and i did caster version of wildblood set for you. you can wear what is suituble for the rest, nothin special.

http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-uKvRw9 (includes +skills)

I killed mad queen and last boss of the game(couldnt remember the name) did not try with nemesis’ but i am sure it will ok.
It has really high clear speed and boss killing. if you any question just shoot.

Interesting. Can’t seem to understand what is your main damage source, seems like only Vines. It seems from that grmcalc that you don’t actually need a Wildblood set (at least the weapon), and don’t quite utilise it apart from +skill set bonuses. I guess what you are suggesting will be even stronger with proper caster scepter and an offhand, have you tried that?

main damage is bleeding and there is no better set for it. just cast vines(rend) then devouring swarm(living shadow) they will die in a sec. blade spirit is always up it has huge bleed too. manticore attached pb if enemy thougher. huge bleeding stack from all sources. just alternative way.