V1.0.0.8 Discussion - Commando and Witchblade

Heavy nerfs incoming to Soldier and Demo masteries in 1.0.0.8 - just watched Diki`s last stream - removed fully +Phy dmg from Shield Training, Overguard on 10 sec duration with 20 sec CD, Blast Shield CD increased to 14 sec etc… I think this will effectively kill the WB/Commando builds at least as far as Gladiator farmers.

What the actual fuck?

So now things are getting nerfed for being functional? Commando isn’t even broken.

https://www.twitch.tv/dikkiedik92/v/116969601 - look at 2:22:00 mark and Cry

My internet sucks. It keeps buffering and buffering and buffering. :frowning:

Whatever you want to show me just tell me :slight_smile:

How is adding only 2 secs of more cooldown to Blast Shield and Overguard and removing the flat physical from Shield Training heavy nerfs? I bet it will barely affect Commando at all. Jeez, some people like to be overdramatic.

Also, forgot to mention that Deadly Momentum and Menhrir’s Bulwark flat phsyical will be nerfed, again.

So they keep nerfing S&B cadence build, meanwhile JoV bwc sorcerer build is outperforming my WB as crucible farmer. :rolleyes:

It might not affect the commando but other demo or soldier builds do get affected by it.
My point isn’t that it is a big nerf, my point is that there is a nerf. Why? The Commando isn’t even broken, everyone knew WB was broken but Commando isn’t broken.

Why Menhir’s Bulwark?

I can understand DM since i know how powerful it is since it even boosts damage output of conversion builds so for pure physical builds it must be OP

I wonder about the point of nerfing so little. Two extra seconds of cooldown to Overguard and Blast Shield is not going to do much and slightly nerfing the flat phyisical damage of DM and Menhrir’s Bulwark is not going to do much either. I only see the removal of flat physical from Shield Training actually do something but even then you’re still going to do high damage.

I guess they don’t want overnerf the build and i get why. But i still feel these nerfs will not do much.

Also flat Internal Trauma on DM. Yay i guess.

They seem to undartake the strategy of incremental nerfs several patches in a row - when you sum up the results it still undermines the build sugnificantly without giving anything in return…

If this turns out to be true:

1. I’m never posting a good build…ever. I’m was already avoiding posting 7sec Fabius kill
  2. I will ofc be dissapointed by crate logic
  3. Maybe even take GD break until expansion. That is too much

@Glimpse: Incremental nerfs…you know that experiment where if a frog is boiled slowly it doesn’t jump out to save it’s life? Yah

I understand your frustation, but, is nerfed so great?..

Please don’t let this stop you posting a full comprehensive build guide. Plus before we all start crying maybe we should wait for the full patch notes and hear Crate’s reasons for any changes?

Waaaah I do 1% less dps despite having complete immortality even in Crucible!

Shield Commando remains viable and immensely strong.

Edit: OK maybe it’s around 3-4% less dps. If 12/36 (ultimate rank) flat damage makes or breaks your build, while using a skill with hundreds of % Weapon Damage, you’re probably doing something wrong.

Thats impossible, people are saying that casters are underdeveloped :stuck_out_tongue:

If they are removing flat phys from shield training and nerfing DM again it has to be more than that, but personally idc, Crate tends to kill its own game lately, so be it :wink:

I just did the math for all the related changes.

Overall, assuming you got zero damage from anything outside of DM, ST, and MB (meaning, assuming your build is utter crap), the changes will be an 11.2% nerf to your damage output, on average.

Considering how much other flat damage you get from other pieces of gear, devotions, and skills (cough Temper cough), it more or less comes down to a 3-4% dps loss.

Edit: And that 11.2% is assuming you overcapped (+10) each of DM, ST, and MB. Given that I’m not aware of any build presently doing so or any build capable of doing so, expect that 11.2% to be a very high overestimate.

I know you are good at math. I’m not. But nerf to flat phys on deadl;y momentum/bulwark sounds pretty bad. Are you taking into account the internal trauma artifice they added to Deadlly momentum (like they did with night’s chill giving the ability to kill a bug in 5 seconds if you stand next to it)? Because I am not really interested in it even if sheet dps shows higher number because of it. With nerf to deadly/bulwark and shield training burst damage on cadence and especially blitz will be just lower. Was this needed? Was it that over powered and is the main goal of the game achieving mediocrity with BiS gear and work in your build? Given the nerf trend that is what it looks like.

Also the nerf to Overguard…how do you do the math on that? 20 sec CD with 10 sec duration. Even Dikkiedik was like WTF why? during his stream. With that nerf only MArkovian will make half decent use of overguard. Not that we can’t nerf the skill on Markovian to 5 sec CD too just to round things up

No, I’m not.

As for Overguard, I haven’t found the change too noticeable in extended play.

I’m somewhat opposed to the Blast Shield change, but I don’t find it especially severe.

Nerf after nerf just for the sake of making it mediocre and that in a single player game is beyond bad decision making.

Wish Crate step up and give some reasoning behind all these patch after patch nerfs.

After then nerfs in 1.0.0.7 my Markovian WBs Crucible performance dropped with around 15-20%. Whoever is stating the WB/Commando were untouchable is delusional or have used a trainer on his character - in current version with 22k HP, nearly 2k armor, 2,4k DA my HP yo-yos on last 10 waves. I need to be very very careful if not to die - is this imbalanced?

Or is the grand design being that NO build should be able to complete Gladiator in a sensible manner?

Makes - No - Sense!

You are far from immortal since 1.0.0.7 at least with WB (dunno with commando’s blastshield), if you are not experienced enough you can be surprised quite easily on the hardest waves / boss combo.

My average timer for clearing 100-150 increased from 19 mins to 25 mins with 1.0.0.7, so its already ~31% less efficiency. :stuck_out_tongue:
We can probably expect another increase of 1-2 mins average with 1.0.0.8, so in the worst scenario its mean a 42% less clearing speed efficiency compare to 1.0.0.6.
Anyway idc, i have my new OP caster clearing faster than WB. :cool: