[v1.0.0.9] AAR Battlemage (Kill MQ & Nemesis)

Hello!
I offer enough viable character.
All damage - Aether…
Personage in GrimTools:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GpDLVd
MQ and Fabius kill…

I did not understand how to properly insert pictures(((

nice to see battlemage.

For more polish the build’s skill

• 1 point in IEE, Overload and 12/12 Elemental Balance. Crit dmg affect overall dmg significantly. But I guess you’re avoid it because low OA. Anyway active OA of 2300-3000 is different but not that much. In term of %crit I think it may affect about 5-10% different(3000vs2300 OA) on boss. (If anyone know the exact value pls tell me)

the IEE will stat at 8 and overload at 7 which is good for your fire dmg too.

• 12/12 Inner focus is enough. 18/12 Inner focus = 2388 OA, 12/12 = 2335 OA. IMO it is not worth 6 skill point for very small amount like that

• Ultimate lv of Reckless Power and Fabric of Reality seems to be less effective too. So took out some point there and spend in Elemental balance

• any/12 War Cry for tankier. Not only absorption but reduce enemies attack is helping a lot. It is better than 21/12 Maiven’s. You may have about 14/12 Maiven’s (to reduce penalty dmg to -6%) and take out some Reckless Power and Fabric of Reality to get 12/12 War cry. (you can compensate the overall of penalty dmg by getting %crit dmg)

Concept
It is good to cover weak point of battlemage in lacking RR by using item focus on RR. So I want to point something for develop the build.

1. You waste some Fire dmg in AAR and CT. It is decent damage almost equal to Aether. Getting %dmg around 1500 is not hard, but you push too much in last 300-400% aether, but Ignore Fire.
  2. Time Dilation devotion. I don’t know what it’s for. for devastation and double CT?. If for 2nd devastation you can use Outcast’s Secret for BiS then change amulet for +1 all arcanist skill. Then the skill point is not reduced much.
  3. You have the “X reduced target’s resistance” and “X% Reduce target’s resistance” available. I see you only stack -X% resistance.
  4. AAR don’t use Ectoplasm!!!? (ring component). Wow how did you have energy sustain with only 3500ish Energy bar and 65 Energy regen. To me, it is rather low. Keep high Energy bar and decent regen for last energy long enough to potion CD.

[IMO, Decree of the Aldritch may fit you more than Wrath of Ascendant, reason in 1. and 3. of concept]

PS. Grimtool using wrath stone, but in pic using Shard of Beronath? mehhh

Ok, Thanks)))However, so not bad, I think…

1. It was interesting to collect more damage by Aether)))
  2. Aeon’s Hourglass for more defense and reduction negative effects
  3. Yes, “X reduced target’s resistance” not have. Did not select such items.
  4. Mark of Illusions for more defense, but Ectoplasm is more better)

1 point in Fabric of Reality gives +10% aether damage… no bad)

P.S. // Shard of Beronath for more offense
P.S.2 // Phantom-Thread Girdle is more better? However, you will have to rebuild the build(

I’ll try to finish it…
for example
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zoe4VA

Suggestions:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m9RW2j

Loses some consistent defense in the pierce res, I know… But it does have the handy “Fade From Reality”, which is IMO better than it, simply because you so rarely need pierce res for anyone.

Shard of Beronath is a Melee attack with your weapon. Don’t BE in melee, if you can help it. You just want to use your ray, and devastation… And stay away from enemies wherever possible.

Decree and Shard turn your Fire into Aether for you, and help you get more use out of Spear’s skill. Bind Aetherfire from Imp TO your Ray. It has no cooldown, so your ray will set it off all the time. Bind Arcane Bomb to Devastation. You’ll be using Devastation on Bosses, you need the Bomb on Bosses… It’s a win-win. You don’t need it for trash, after all.

CT was doing nothing for you. AAR is ranged, CT is melee… Why mix the two? Devastation is sure to set off Bomb for you, it’s a CD skill and it’s hits repeatedly. I’d be stunned if one out of every hundred devastations didn’t trigger at least one bomb to spawn.

hmmm… I think:

1. Health 8825 (i have more 10k in game)
  2. Phis.resist 3% (19%)
  3. Armor adsorbtion 70% (100%)
  4. Aether damage only 3111-3984 flat and 1685% (4415-5459 flat and 1958%)
  5. DA 2177 is small… Will often be crit(
  6. “CT was doing nothing for you”… Yes, I agree. But there are only 3 points)))

In the rest, thanks. I’ll try ))))

1. True, but you have other defenses that you didn’t before. If you were going to get one shot at almost 9K, the extra 1000 HP wasn’t really going to help you.

2. And? You’re at range, you’re rarely dealing with physical damage. You also have Fade From Reality giving you maxed phys res when you need it.

3. You’re a caster build. Your armor is awful compared to a tanky build, as is only natural. And again, my above point on phys damage.

4. You lost a little flat aether in exchange for better OA, better cast speed, way more -% Skill Energy Cost, more energy regen, and more crit damage. You’d be doing FAR more damage with the setup I suggested, by a lot. Fighting Spirit alone is near-constantly up, and that’s sending you to almost 2.7K OA, compared to just under 2.4K. You’re also hitting more, and have Imp going off more because of it, and more chances to crit because of it.

5. Over 2K, and no, not really. Above 2K leaves you generally safe against everything but the insane bosses, Mad Queen, Mog, Edge, those guys. Not to say that you won’t BE crit, but outside of them, another 5K DA doesn’t mean much.

Nice one =)
Reckless powa/Fabrick of reality scales awfull , ususaly there is no reason to go for reckless power unless you need Cast speed and FoR unless you need flta weapon dmg. I suggest to drop FoR to onepointer and go for Olreon rage instead of reckless powa. Max Disintegration for crit dmg increase- actual dipies would jump by ~30% . AAR feels a lot beter after you breack 3k OA point.
Elemental balance at 12/12 aslo helps with actual dmg output.
//
Just looked at devotions 0_o How do you sustain teh ray? My BM have 135/220 energy regen per second and still need some mana infiusion from time to time.

Aeon’s is outstanding good at 3rd, 5th node and proc. But the build seems to use a little effort from the proc.

FoR getting more 10% among your value of 1900ish is like spending 1 skill point to get (10*100/1900) = 0.5% better dmg plus some flat and total would be around 1% better.
It is rather low efficient anyway.

The real worth value at >1000% amplified is flat dmg, but nvm it. The build get as much as flat aether it could.

Shard of Beronath is not necessary to your build. You don’t have to use weapon attack. So just skill, kite and use AAR make you busy enough.

Phantom-Thread Girdle is more better, but less resistance. So it need to fix something up before change.

PS. It is your thread. So I think I give you an idea, remind you of something and advice are the best I can do. I want to see one develop his build better. I don’t know battlemage, but play AAR sorc. So I think the one who know the potential and capable should be who play battlemage.

If you’re eager to see how I fix it.

Since everybody is busy recommending changes that sacrifice tankiness for damage, I thought I’d share my recommendations for changes that improve energy sustain and gives small boosts to both damage and defense. After all if you’re gonna make the build squishier you might as well go Sorcerer to actually maximise offensive potential.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4WdlZg

Basically this ditches Hourglass and Behemoth, but picks up Tree of Life. The loss of the Hourglass nodes is compensated elsewhere well enough, and ToL is a stronger defensive proc than Behemoth with its much lower CD, on top of vastly improving the energy situation. Note that GT still doesn’t correctly display health and energy regen with some effects including ToL.

The build has significantly improved OA and crit damage at the cost of a little +%aether, but the damage should be better overall. It’s also possible to drop Oleron’s Rage to respec into Reckless Power, but I haven’t done testing to determine which is best.

We lose a bit of RR with the relic but gain racial damage and a powerful proc that will help with trash and bosses alike. We’re tanky enough to stand in melee range of most things after all.

Blitz is picked up for movement, you can’t have a build use the Soldier mastery with a melee weapon yet walk everywhere, that’s such a waste of time.

DA remains at Gladiator-worthy levels, though such a high number is unneeded for Vanilla as the threshold for crit immunity there is within the 2250-2300 range if memory serves.

I sacrifice a scaled hide for resist capping, still leaving us at a respectable 88% absorption. If you really don’t want that swap out one of the ring augments at the cost of a little OA/DA.

There are 9 leftover points in the GT, those can be used as one sees fit. Suggestions would be to pick up CT again if you want to use t as a devotion trigger, investing into OFF for trash clearing (especially combined with our relic proc), investing in Fighting Spirit, or maxing out some other support skills like Elemental Balance. edit: Or War Cry, that skill is never a bad choice either.

Good advice, nice build. It’s look more likely battlemage. :smiley:

But I’d recommend Decree of Aldritch again :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s fine to go Decree but I assumed OP doesn’t have one. Also WotA has advantages in a Battlemage of giving cast speed and -cost. Decree IMO you need a Sorc to get decent enough OA and cast speed with. Or at least you need to change OP’s build a lot, I went out of my way to change as few items as possible here.

Id rather concentrate on Fire dmg with warpfire as sorc. AAR work well with transmuted BWC =) As for Battlemage, ive tried both DoE and WoA, and WoA work better- yes, you lose some fire to aether convertion, but dmg loss is negated with RR debuff from WoA. For flat RR i use manticore conselation on my BM.