[v1.0.2.1] Forcewave Tactician - Gladiator farmer

You can do Crucible at any level. Mobs spawn relative to your current level. It’s common to start in the Crucible to get the easy tribute devotion points, then go back to Campaign to finish leveling. Obviously, the later Crucible levels will require better gear/higher resists, so while they’ll still be relative to your level, you’ll begin to notice where lack of gear is causing lack of progress. But definitely feel free to try it out at any time.

EDIT: I should add, now seeing your bit about 100+ Aspirant/Challenger, that in addition to gear, being a higher level with access to more skills/passives will help out too. And if you’re hardcore, obviously be a lot more cautious (and try on softcore first so you know what you’re up against). From level 1, with enough potions, you can usually do up to about 30 with no issues. After that, you probably want access to circuit breakers (skills that will help prevent death, such as Menhir’s Bulwark and Overguard in the Soldier tree) and regen abilities (like maxed Word of Renewal in Inquisitor) to progress (in addition to gear that cap resists, etc.).

I just lvled a Very Very Very similar build from Autenstic and its pretty great!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Hmm, i’m just wondering if this build is any good without that full set.

I am very pleased with this in gladiator. Destroyed 150 first time through.

At what point is it good to change from 2h Forcewave leveling-build to the actual build ?
I’m lvl 50 and just started Elite but I feel both low on defense and dps.

Depends on what you classify as good. it still still be very tanky, but it will kill as slow as molasses in january.

Forcewave is a low DPS skill w/o all the bonuses (and CD reduction) the set brings. most physical builds either skip it or put a point in it to use as a CC option.

without the set, I’d move points over to Blade arc and max that, and run with warborn or equivalent items. Same emphasis, on physical damage and trauma. Id pick Olerons Rage instead of Menhir’s for the extra dps at lower levels.

First thing I’d do is make sure your resists and defensive stats are high enough. Make sure your putting your points into Blade Arc (and it’s synergies) instead of forcewave. 1 point in forcewave and it’s synergys for the stun. Max Oleron’s rage instead of Menhir’s Bulwark. I’d also do my devotion tree totally differently If I was leveling 2h Blade arc build. Here’s something to start with:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7pXWaZ

Continue to pump blade arc, cadence, and synergies. You can drop Rowan’s Scepter in the Devotions tree if your not using a 2h mace and move those points over to Dryad for some more defensive stats and a nice heal on a short CD. Farm or trade for a Stonefist Rebuke, and put a Haunted Steel in it for the life steal (ADCtH). if your resists are OK, you should be able to mow through Elite with a stonefist.

Also keep an eye out for green rings with resists and attack speed. boots with resists and physical/trauma damage. Farm Cronelys hideout for a bit until you get a decent ring from him (his always has AS on it).

Even with all the bonuses to FW, isnt BA still better with the transmuter? It hits like a freaking truck, so much more than FW.

But CD is also much higher. FW has 1.4 sec CD in this build, and BA has 5 sec CD with transmuter.
Also, the whole idea to even learn FW is there because Octavius set provides MASSIVE support for it - lots of skill bonuses, CD reduction and huge increase in Internal Trauma damage and duration. Without that set, nor FW, nor BA arent worth your points, you better just stick with Cadence and Blitz.

Hey guys so here I am trying to finally build a gladiator farmer. My last one did ok passed challenger but could not make it in gladiator due to lack of gear (It was a bleed shaman there’s a guide here).

I want to dip my toes into the inquisitor class as well and I was thinking to make this more tanky You could drop the Vire Stone matron devotion and instead get Obelisk of Mehir and Solemn Watcher.

With our more defensive devotions we can get oleron’s rage rather than bulwark to give us way more OA which we’re sorely lacking in devotions and a crapton of internal trauma damage. Not to mention quality of life movement speed.

I was thinking along the lines of this

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7pzL5Z

or this http://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwR9WJV

Both share the same commonalities: Targos Hammer, Shield Maiden, 6 point Olneron and 6 point Mehirs Bulwark giving us the tastiest nodes of both.

Version 1 uses the Rhowan’s scepter for the to stack more IT damage
Version 2 I managed to squeezes in Trample intstead

Is trample any good?

I’m basically out to create a tank why can facetank the worst of cairn while still having excellent single target damage and acceptable AoE

I sont think you should stack damage from constellations in such a build, really.
OA, DA, HP, resists, flat trauma damage, etc should be your priority. But NOT % increases to damage, for sure.

I know but you need to take a lot of filler to get to those high tier devotions like blind fury. You take Anvil and Empty Throne one your way to Olneron. That’s a given. you still need 2 more constellations whch probably suck or do little for your build

Since this is an IT build I can’t help but wonder at Autumn Boar. Pricy but it has a base of 570 over 2 seconds. That’s a lot of damage once boosted at high levels. and it procs on block so literally all the time. I’ve been leveling with bull with great effect and this nearly doubles Bull’s IT damage.

Rhowan’s Specter is also good since it stacks more flat IT damage which is the best way to stack damage. I can’t get both because I will need blue points for Mehirs obeslisk cause that’s a god mode tank constellation well worth every point sunk into it.

The main issue for me Is that I’ve not seen the autumn boar proc. so any insight here would be helpful. Is it better than Targos Hammer?

How do you deal with reflect in this build? i find even just one miss fire with your massive internal trauma dot can mean death, especially when you are facing lots of mobs and dont know if reflect is on or not.

Can you build around these for this build?

Why do you think you need Blind Fury? Ok, it’s nice when you abuse bugged “whirling Blades” interaction, but even then, you can use Maul or Bull’s Rush, which are quite the same, and dont require massive affinity investments.

Hi guys

Can anyone craft me the helm please? Will tip and/or trade

I tried to do an IT Witchblade in vanilla when IT had shit support. What’s your average DoT damage?
Impressive build overall, not surprised Octavius solved our IT issues. Grats on glad crucible farming

Hi i just had an interesting idea about this build, while looking into the Item Sets.

You can mix the Stoneguard set with Ardor of Octavius and get complete Set Bonus in both sets.

Edited Grimtools: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pJW4JZ

What do you think?

Stoneguard set looks unimpressive for me. It tries to mix retaliation and attack damage, and in my opinion, you should focus on one of them. Also, it doesnt grant SKILL BONUSES, and this fact alone makes this set trash for current build (which is VERY hungry for extra skill points).

I believe, toy should use Reforged Chains of Oleron (+1 soldier skills), some amulet with +1 to soldier skills (Spellscourge, Avenger of Cairn) and a well-rolled Mutant Bludgeon (you can buy it from vendor, damn!). All those items perfectly fit current build, and are much better than shitty Stoneguard set.

Thx for the advice, looking forward to start this build today.

Any reason you use mehir’s bulworks instead of oleron’s wrath?

I find that with the legendary war cry pant, oleron’s wrath can be pushed to 18/19, which gives ridiculous crit potential.