【V1.0.6.1】Kiss of the Tip of Swords: Witch Hunter Gladiator 170 x10

It’ll take a few days to share this build . super busy these days.
:(:frowning:

FYI. NO ABOMINATION

【Why WitchHunter?】
WH is one of the most favorable yet hard-achiever classes all along. It is easy to play with a class that’s easily comprehensible. But a WH? It is just fragile. there has been very few builds since the 85 level cap and the crucible till now with gladiator of 170 waves.
Theroycrafting a WH build is easy; a lot of people can tell you “how” to play a witchhunter, but to complete one is another story though.

//youtu.be/IV-_Ia-InGM

YOUTUBE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV-_Ia-InGM&feature=youtu.be
there is a leap in the video is because someone happens to walk into my room and start chatting with me . So I was distracted and accidentally hit WINDOWS key and terminated recording

BD simulation: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9QxaaV The one I used to clear gladiator;

There might be something controversial about this build. First of all, this is a co-work with my GD buddy @ QQstolen. After thousands of hours playing, one is really in need of a partner in the game otherwise the passion would fade away easily.

He made a few changes with gears that I missed. But I will leave it as it is. I personally favor 3 sets of Radaggan. It should be a better setup. I will be talk about it when I am available. But let’s make it open topic.

[How an acid&posion build could avoid using abomination?]

this is how :

All these working together can be a fine compensation to the tainted eruption; leaving me with better options with devotion choices.

Why making this choice?
WH is known as a heavy damage class with sufficent RR from both masteries. A lot of people would love to max out damage but I personally favor balance in a build not caring what’s the largest crit number as long as it’s a 170 viable build then I would call it a good one.

Survivability
In my own opinion, to find the right and proper playstyle for witch hunter is essential to this class.

To wrap it up with simple words.

Use instant health recovery to be your life cushion. Thus a combination of using blood of dreeg, pneumatic burst; and health potion. All provide some instant percentage of health recovery.

So that’s why these 2 choices vital to this build.

What’s my secret of this build?
Please don’t let the video misguide you, this is not a DPS charc, not a solider, it’s a caster in disguise.
Niddla’s daggers/blades, the evil eye, and shadow strike can all be activated from ranged distance.
So there’s so no need to face tank anyone.

Cricu guidance:
1 use buff 1, 2 and 3
2 Stone tower , ice tower ,and lightening tower are my favorite.
3 pick the most weak one in the gang to kill, especially humans.

The last and the most:
whenever blade barrier is ready to use, use it!

hey, Hope you get to it.

At first i read “Kiss of the Tip of Sword” without plural and I was like:eek:

I would try to say that reaction is adorable.

But that would be too much indulging~~:rolleyes:

What’s the reason for posting on this classic format, baiting people to enter here to see the actual information that you’re not giving? it takes like 10 seconds to share a grimtools link.

Just showing off I suppose?

Well, one thing is for sure, when this happens I’m never coming back to the topic to see updates.

This individual has been kind enough to share many builds from the Chinese Community with us. There is a lot of translation involved. We in the GD forums do not slag people who go out of their way to help us. Do us all a favour and don’t come back to this thread if that’s your attitude.

Wow, thank you! I can’t wait to know more details, it looks very similar to my main char. Happy to see that somebody still loves WH :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree.
At first I was perplexed why he couldn’t post the GT link also
but I wait for others or him to explain later :wink:

Don’t be upset. It’s a bitch when you are enthusiastic to share a build, you have all the pieces prepared but shit for time…

Looks like poison/acid phantasmal blade. Interesting…

BTW, is there no love for auto-attack witch hunter this days… :frowning:

EDIT: No abomination, then I guess it’s just Acid.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Radaggon Amulet + 2x DG daggers I assume judging by the sigil on the hotbar? I am guessing Dark One Set is also in the mix cause it’s the second best Poison Set for a WH atm.

The title made me think that you were going to post a 2x Slithtongue multi-proc poison bolt build.

Acid PB concept is nearly dead thanks to crate removing conversion from DG chest. And he doesn’t have PB, it’s Nidalla’s Final Strike

Auto-attack WH has one good concept and it’s already been posted.

This times 10

EDIT:

If the build has no abomination then it is an abomination

//youtu.be/6zXDo4dL7SU

I think we have all been there. I dont really mind people posting as a placeholde. Probably due to you, Fluff, posting like 10 in the time it takes someone to test a single one lol (or in this case, translate one).

And there is a whole population of pro players that simply dont post their builds, or at least not on this forum.

Man, in Chinese the loot seems way more manageable! I have to constantly toggle between rare+ and epic+ to be able to click on items:eek:.

:stuck_out_tongue: The title is just a smokegun ~~ maybe also bad English too. :smiley:

BTW, what’s the right code to insert a youtube video to this forum? thanks

Just quote my post to see how it is done…

//youtu.be/c2gw-asbBIM

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

thank you !!!

I don’t understand the build like at all… :scream:

Really low HP, low weapon damage, not that high poison multiplier, poison ticks seem quite low in video. Good resistance overcap though.

Could someone explain the build to me? Or is it just ABC insane piloting skills?

PS: I mean no offense to you ABC, this is just an honest question. :blush:

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I am just going to say it - the build is not that good. Just a decent build. I am sure acid/poison witchhunter can do much better than that. But yeah, Barbecue played really well in that video (there is a weird cut in the middle of the video though).

Not quite a cut. I used windows game recorder to do the job. But if you minimized the game such as in my case accidentally hit windows key, the recording will be terminated. :furious:

But again : theorycrafting a WH is easy. It’s quite vivid to see how to play. but when it comes to bringing it alive, that’s where most people find the barrier. there’s definitely different ways to play a WH, BUT how many WH BD (170 viable) we can atually see? Hopefully my sharing would be an invitation to others, which would turn out to be blessing for all players.

BTW, this is a setup purely based on purple gears, so it’s safe to say minimal requirements

Hey, man, your builds are usually pretty cool and I can perfectly understand this: you theorycraft what you think is a brilliant build, but then you test it and it’s just mediocre, I’ve been there.

But surely Witch Hunter can do much more.

Well, while this is nowhere near top DPS, this is a great baseline for WH builds that will want to go further. And this has no MIs which is pretty uncommon for WH considering most will want Zant shoulders or Kuba pants. Also rift scourge slicer for SS builds.

I also remember ABCbarbecue saying that their community doesn’t really promote the top builds so they just post concepts that can work instead of those that will work the best. AFAIK, the previous DA meta was just the result of an experiment whether a 6k DA warder would work in cruci.

I don’t question that. but where’s that top notch Witch hunter build since there’s crucible?