[V1.0] Lazy face tank PRM+Procs battlemage

0 Physics, cunning:spirit = 1:2 (roughly)

if you’ve seen either of my guides, ie. see sig, i’m fully aware of mitigation and regen being op right now, both of my guides focus on facetanking with hp regen and mitigation using devotions. and im pretty sure they both came before yours, so this concept isnt at all new to me. I’m not trying to throw a patent or anything, but i’m probably one of the first to stress this concept in my B28 HC battlemage guide.

as i see u still had to kite sharzul a bit, i face tanked him 100-0 with neither warcry nor maiven, its just not hard anymore

any build can get tree of life, behemoth, targo, menhir’s obelisk, almost any build can get some absorb or op mitigation skills, its not limited to maiven and warcry anymore, there’s the kymons’ neck enchant thats basically a warcry, then we got primal bond, blastshield, possession, blood of dreeg etc, that provides mitigation. even nightblade’s slows/dodge are way op - see my sharzul video where he got off like 4 swings total?.

facetank isn’t an issue for any build when you spec the above devotions, its scarcely dependent on build/class anymore , this isn’t b28 where maiven+warcry was the only way to facetank ultimate.

my point was that firestrike in some form, and aggrivix/devastation builds are the only ones capable of putting out damage like this and still maintaining survivability; all other builds - that i can think of - pale in comparison

Cheers mate, going to follow your advice :slight_smile:

You are right. After reading your B30 guide, I admit we are on the same track, and you wrote excellent guides. However, I have played GD for 3 years, and I wrote a guide now just because I have finished gearing this toon. So I do not think all of those guides are before my ideas.

Anyway, these are not important. As you can see, I am not playing on HC, kitting sharzul is one of the consequences of less focusing on survivability. Efficiency rules.

Right now I am focusing on applying and testing the idea on my other caster toons. I will let you know if there is anything worth noting.

sorry you answered when i posted :slight_smile:

Build looks very good, and beginner friendly enough that im gonne give it a try

thanks

Relord

Sup jajaja, I have applied hp regen into traditional OFF/Grenado Sorcerer build and it works quite well thanks to new blast shield. Here is an 8 min BoC clear run video(killing all heros encountered+most mobs), and face tank shar’zul 100-0. I just altered this build from my 2H rifle build - intentionally avoid fire strike and Agrivix, thus I believe this build can still be optimized a lot. I don’t have any other toon with enough gears for testing full hp regen build besides these two, so I guess that’s all I can do for now. Cheers.

While leveling what kind of weapons should I be looking out for? Also what is your main hand weapon you use in end game?

During leveling, any 1h weapon with: +%elemental damage(before getting Agrivix), or +%aether damage(after getting Agrivix) is fine. For end game, I use Wrath of the Ascendant, since this is a aether damage focused build. You can use other weapons like Warpfire if you are going for a fire damage focused build.

You only have 8.8k HP how are you not getting “one-shotted” ? :confused:

Things I’ve tested in ultimate get wasted with far more and I kite

For hp regen build, you will focus on resistant/dodge/Armor to increase quality of your current hp pool, instead of increasing your hp, especially when you have war cry and maiven’s. During my test, I found that 9000-10000 hp with decent armor (I have 1300 with 100% absorb), dodge, (I have 8% melee dodge from Phantom-Thread Girdle), all resistant near maximum (from components and augments, I use defensive augments even for weapons) and 20% physical resistant from Iskandra 4 pieces bounus and 5% from Wraithwalkers, will allow you survive even hardest time. You can have more than 8.8k hp if you like, depending on your play style. But with this setup, you won’t die even with 8.8k hp.

However, as you can see in my video, even without several gears, war cry and maiven’s can still provide strong damage mitigation. Other options can also work as jajaja says above, like -attack speed and OA debuff from nightblade, augments from Kymon, blast shield from demo etc…

The last thing is, it will require some knowledge of each enemy types in order to proactively use Mirror of Ereoctes properly - pop it before blitz into a large group of hard hitting mobs, or defensive passive is on CD.

Lets hope Crate won’t over-nerf hp regen in the next balancing patch.

I am working on a hp regen conjurer and right now he facetanks everything on elite.

Edit:
I actually think that Tree of Life’s current OPness is not the hp regen from nodes or power, but the huge amount of %hp it provides.

That maybe true however I hope they don’t nerf it considering it only provides 25% health compared to Heart of the wild or Military Conditioning which provide 40% and 30% health at a lot cheaper price. That and it is very expensive to reach and should be as 3rd tier
The only builds that could/would want to go for it are those devoting essentially all of devotion to defense or health regen builds

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Is it really worth spending 28 points on soldier just for sears of battle? (20 masteries from the last skill + 8 from sears of battle)

Actually, no. These 28 points are purely for defense purpose. You can totally drop them if you like, as long as your character has decent survivability. And you can even choose other classes as your second class, it all up to you.

25% extra armor and 36% reduced stun and freeze duration is a really big deal though. Stuns and freeze can make or break a character, especially if you are playing HC.

Wat
Regen is perfectly balanced, its blademasters who need a nerf

Seriously though, if regen is nerfed, it will stop being useful, and no one will use it. Its just enough to relocate these armor nodes in Menhir’s obelisk to the farther side of it to complicate things without nerfing.

Just wondering as I am not exactly that proficiant in knowing the names of gear by image alone, what are your Belt, relic, medal and rings?

Looking at your 2 devotion pictures: How were you able to spend 51 devotion points?:wink: First I thought I was too tired to look/count right, but then I tried to build the exact same devotion setup on one of my toons, and it came up one point short^^. That’s a shame, because the missing point has to be either in Obelisk of Menhir(300 armor or 5% DA) or Tree of Life(5% HP + 40% HP reg), and I don’t wanna miss out on any of these:cry: Did I make a mistake? Oh, and great build btw :slight_smile:

Belt: Phantom-Thread Girdle
Relic: Agrivix’s Malice
Medal: Mark of Anathema
Rings: Albrecht’s Duality x2

Should be right from looking at the pic…

I think the obelisk point to the left looks like it is selected but it is not. I had the same problem unfortunately. It does suck to lose 5% DA but