[v1.0] Tri-element Saboteur - How to kill Ultimate Fabius in 21secs, BoC 7min hero clear... etc?

new version for 1.0.0.4 hotfix 2 is out:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=408608#post408608

Due to drastic balance changes and drastic revampes done to this build. as well as title being totally outdated, i made a new thread linked above.

[/i]

Can you share detailed, step by step devotion guide and some info about augments you used?

Nice Build, looks nearly exactly like the one im playing around with atm, but i only focus on Fire/Chaos dmg.

You forgot to mention the hand armor in your guide.

I made a saboteur as soon as I read Most’s post on how the changes to blast shield worked. I’m only in Elite at the moment, but your build and experience confirms what I’ve been suspecting would happen later on.

Are you concerned with how strong the build is defensively? Do you think we should expect nerfs to obelisk or blast shield? I suppose it’s not a big deal for a game like this, that encourages alts and experimentation, but I am curious about what you think.

Wait…what? I think you are a bit confused on the concept of resist reduction…

that shar’zul slow is insane. build looks fantastic. shadow strike is so good, i’m using riftstone on my sorcerer now just due to how important gap-closing is for clear speeds.

ever since switching over to demo as my go-to secondary mastery i’ve realized i spend the majority of my time monitoring my blast shield cooldown

also wow i had no idea how well-itemized blood sigil of chthon is

It looks amazing. Can you give detailed information about devotions ?

Shits gonna get nerfed. Probably blast shield longer cooldown and armor halved from obelisk, or even making obelisk require shields. Blast shield is like Mirror but last longer with shorter cooldown but can’t choose when to use it.

GG build

Dude, you love Brimstone too much. Firestrike is honestly probably the strongest non-pet leveling skill. The damage it grants you is insane. You’ll be able to oneshot most things all the way to Burrwitch Village Riftgate.

Interesting take on the build. I’m reposting the Maelstrom on Saturday(ish). I think the two remain fairly different. Yours appears stronger by far, I think. But mine looks more fun (more buttons to push). :stuck_out_tongue:

note that i unspec blastshield to lvl1 and max anatomy of murder for +human dmg for farming fabius
I find this a little problematic. This will prove costly in the long run if you keep it up. Can you not kill Fabius without maxed Anatomy of Murder?

Someone told me there is a bug with Blast Shield currently, haven’t looked into it myself though.

Another nice build from you.
I think tree of life is gonna get nerfed:undecided:

i tried base FS to level once, it felt weak for the first few levels so i gave up on it and went to bombs, tbh i wouldn’t know if it got good quickly if you stick it. grenado got a pretty big buff, it pretty much one shots everything and bombs lets u run inbetween cooldowns instead of standing still to AA, but im sure FS would work just fine leveling is easy anyway.

Anatomy of murder is really good but not a requirement for killing fabius, we already have 18% +12% human damage from weapon enchants and blood sigil of chthon, also would have 1 point in anatomy with +skills it’ll be like what ~40% total?, maxing it gives us another 20ish%, its not not a big deal really. not having it maxed would make fabius take several seconds longer thats all lol.

I find fabius to be best farm so i did BoC purely to make the video, i don’t plan on ever going back so it’s not like i’m respecing every few hours or anything.

with +skills its level 4 flashbang+lvl4 searing light, its a spammable skill too, very useful for debuffing DA as well as confuse/fumble effects.

heh i even thought about going riftstone on this for 2x shadowstrike but then i would need me to use my other hand:(

Blastshield is strong but i really dont feel its THAT op, its 4 out of 10 secs, we still need to achieve a baseline tankiness for the other 6 secs anyway, we don’t want to be 2 shot when its down, or have to kite 6secs out of 10. so I end up going for a high amount of base tankiness anyway so in the majority of situations i’m actaully fine without it, i dont think i actually needed it against shar’zul. Probably the most use i get from it is 4secs of zerging the deathrooms without caring or when im getting totally zerged while running around in BoC

How does your build fare again avatar (elite)?

done see main guide

tried once just now, seems to take too much damage overtime. if he doenst heal, pretty sure can kill him by kiting everytime blastshield is on CD. if he heals i don’t think can kill

Nice build man!

I made a similar build, albeit different in a few aspects. Its strong 'n a lot of fun to play saboteur now :slight_smile:

some more thoughts

i think your devotion build is the best in the game, not just for this build but in general for almost every build. it’s just the most effective use of points. i’m using something very similar on my CT sorcerer, though i’ve had to make a couple sacrifices to be able to use eye of the guardian. if i can get anasteria’s legendary helm to drop, and it’s as good as i imagine it to be, i’ll be able to drop eye and use what you’re using.

though i think you should consider swapping your red and green crossroads for the final two points in behemoth to allow it to self sustain. i think when you’re stacking that much health regen, 15 flat regen + 20% regen is probably better than 5% health and 15 OA.

you should also consider putting a point into BWC and its transmuter for survivability, if you don’t mind putting another skill into your rotation. the 25% reduced physical damage is really good, and from what i can tell it lasts 10s since the BWC itself will last 3.3s with your +skills, then it gets another 2s from the transmuter, and since it reapplies every second and the debuff lasts 5s.

on that note, you could maybe consider cutting blood sigil for black star of deceit, which would give you 30 resistance reduction instead of malediction’s 50, but would allow you to use a +1 brimstone ulzuin’s pyroclasm to stay at +10 brimstone. this might actually be better, despite losing 20 resist reduction. i’m not sure. the slow from malediction is really cool though.

actually it probably would be better since it would also give you +1 to static strike which frees up a ring slot as well. all those bonuses combined probably outweigh the 20 resistance reduction.

also i’ve never played a saboteur so i’m not 100% certain how much of your damage is coming from execute, but it’s worth noting that %weapon damage from fire strike stacks multiplicatively with the %weapon damage from execution. same with the weapon damage component from ulzuin’s pyroclasm, though it’s not a very big multiplier.

also ulzuin’s chestguard is probably better than empowered fanatic’s overcoat if you can find one, can roll with 6% attack speed as well, has some passable offensive bonuses, and gives you +2 to explosive and vindictive flame.

edit: actually re: your devotion setup, do you really hate the scales that much? i feel like you’d do better by dropping the 4 in panther, the 5% DA from obelisk and the 1 in blue crossroads, put 3 into scales to max it out and self sustain, then put 3 into newt for even more health regen. you’ll still end up with 8 yellow 20 blue that way, with noticeably more health regen (and a decent proc on scales) at the cost of 32 OA and 5% DA.

You forgot Devouring Swarm IMO ;^)

Nice build BTW, i’m interested in the demo masteries, not sure if i’ll level a trauma-based commando or a brimstone-based saboteur ^^

on mark of deceit, i don’t think its worth to lose 20 resist reduce, i lose a bunch of OA too which is already on the low side with my present gear. i farm mainly fabius, so due to the +18% human damage, losing blood sigil is out of the question atm.

on BWC, i didn’t know it had the -25% physcial, definitely worthwhile for harder stuff, i’d have to play with 2 hands tho sigh…i already use a -20% enemy dmg augment on the neck, does it actually stack or does the strongest one take over? if the later is the case it would not be worth.

on devotions - while this build naturally has alot of regen but i actualy don’t think its super essential in contrast to the pyro build. due to pneumatic burst being only on a 5s CD and the massive slows we get from veil, nidalla’s, flashbang, malediction, i generally don’t take that much consistent damage, its like most of the time my hp bar doenst even move and then ill take some burst and heal back up with PB. I not sure how good the 5% DA is but the regen increase is quite a bit, so maybe worth. so making the switch might be better, im not sure. but in my current setup it gives the flexibility to move the points in scales to light of empyrion as needed for resists and chtornic dmg, i actually do need a point in empyrion at the moment for the ele resists. max hp or hard mitigation helps with the burst survival but it naturally has enough built in heals i never felt the healing was a problem as compared to ability to survive burst. in theory %DA would help me reduce enemy crit dmg and burst potential, just not sure how much difference it makes.

i think the weapon % dmg is not much compared to flat dmg from ss/brimestone; its actually the flat dmg from flame touched/sigil proc thats added to weapon dmg which when multiplied by execution become quite strong; but the build is very stretched on skill points atm, isimply dont have the points to max FS,ES AND Execution.

on ulzuins chest- dont have it atm, fanatics has a big hp bonus, the proc on it is also extremely strong, it got buffed(?) its now 12sec duration, 30sec CD - was 60 before i think

the OA loss isn’t very big tbh, you get lose 58 from blood sigil but you gain 12 of that back from the +1 to flame touched from pyroclasm, and you free up a ring prefix which could be used for almost anything. nightblade’s for 4% OA, incorruptible for resists if you need them, etc.

i agree that the damage to humans puts blood sigil ahead for fabius farming, but i think there’s a pretty good chance that ulzuin’s would come out on top for BoC, the proc alone is dealing several thousand dps, and the extra little bonuses to things like flashbang/fire strike/explosive strike/blast shield add up. i think all together it makes up for the 20 resist reduction that you miss out on. i’m gonna try your build anyway and i don’t have blood sigil so i’ll see how it goes. again though watching your sharzul kill the slow from malediction is pretty absurd so

good point on being able to swap devotions out, i mean at this point i don’t think any of my suggestions will boost the build’s efficiency in any meaningful way, it’s just min maxing for the sake of min maxing (if i’m even correct about any of it), so convenience is a meaningful factor.

didn’t even notice kymon augment, how have i never seen that before lol. gonna start putting it on my non-soldier builds. i actually don’t know if reduced damage stacks, but i’m pretty sure it does? idk it’s definitely worth testing.

also yeah i noticed the huge flat health and regen on empowered fanatics after posting, it’s way better than i realized

ya i forgot about ulzuin’s proc gained by making the switch to mark, the extra aoe is v good for trash clear, since build is a bit light on the aoe dmg.

the slow on malediction may not be essential, nidallas/flashbang gives slows, not sure how the stacking mechanic is.

getting a +1 brimtone on ulzuins is exceedingly difficult (for me). i made several with no luck. my first malediction roll was 2% OA on the extra stat so; my only +1 demo ring is staticstrike also, so i really dont have the gear to test that setup.

if you happen to use that setup, i’d be interested to compare, like target dummies times or something; i did do a comparison between ulzuins with mark of dreeg , vs. malediction. at the time i haven’t even swapped any other gear so my ss/brimstone went from 22/12 to 21/12. my sheet dps dropped from 42k to 36k going to malediction, but still due to the extra 35 resist reduce my target dummie time still went from around 2:07 to 1:30ish.

the base dmg from FS+DW might just be too massive compared to the ulzuin’s proc that even a small amount of extra -resist ended up being better, i dont know