V1.1.4.0 Preview

Your continued hard work to support and improve the game is amazing, thank you!

1 Like

This patch looks absolutely huge. Thanks a lot for creating and nourishing what is probably one of the best ARPG so far !

(And Thanks for the Arcanist’s little up, as it’s probably my favorite class ! Did our little spellcaster get any skill change that provide reduced target resistances to Aether/Elemental ?)

Look at the first picture in this thread (though the aether resist already there in current patch)

Looks amazing!! thanks crate :smiley:

Thats literally too much QoL at once to handle … :slight_smile:

Crafting search. Something deemed almost impossible, later improbable now comes to reality.
Best QoL feature since crafting materials became tradeable.

And then let someone tell me, What other RPG game company is taking care of its fans and its game, and making such large-scale, useful and interesting additions to their projects?

Huge amount of work done, and Crate Entertainment don’t stop. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

I know how the new implementation works, I was just hoping the devs would consider adding one extra QoL improvement to the UI while they are at it to make things even easier to quickly craft items. :grimacing:

I wanted to say “reduced resistantes”
Sorry, wasn’t really clear !

Who wrote this and what did he do to :zantai: ?

I wonder how the facetanking problem will be alleviated without further damaging squishy builds. Things autohit-autocharge, leap, rush too much already which cuts deep into the concept of glass cannon.

If you are referring to the lower difficulty retuning… people managed all kinds of builds just fine pre-expansions. This is definitely no harder than those times.

it says you didn’t join until 2018 so, unless you were lurking for a long-time, perhaps you are unfamiliar with how game was at official release. There were many points even prior to that in early access where Norm/Vet was harder by far then as time went on and balance shifted and shifted it grew ever easier and easier til now it is a mere shadow of itself, unrecognizable in the mirror and a completely unknown sight for sure to anyone post-AoM and onward.

I’m referring to the changes that affect the endgame.

@Zantai These QoL changes are much needed and thank you for implementing them. The GrimInternals additions are most welcomed by the community for sure.

Can you add an option to include the names for monsters like GI does? Honestly, seeing the small size of the icons next to the Hero and Nemesis Health bars in your screenshot is underwhelming. Next to the DPS meter in GI, the names of the monsters is my favorite addition since you can see who the Hero, Boss, or Nemesis is in the crowd and know what you are facing (damage/debuff/etc) without having to hover over them in a fight. Any chance that can be added as well? Maybe with a slightly different or more tightly grouped font?

Thank you for the continued support and improvement for GD - keep up the great work!

Well he basically outlines that endgame isn’t overly affected except for some retuning of Vanilla encounters to be closer to AoM/FG tuning. If you can handle that you will likely be fine. If not just report any encounter issues you have so they can take a look and see if your analysis has merit.

Wow , more features for the best ARPG ever, Keep it up guys! lovind ur game each day more and more! 3y player here!

An afterthought about the upcoming difficulty changes : i recently used merits for the first time to get rid of Elite, and i was suprised because early Ultimate didn’t feel much harder than Malmouth or Korvan Lands in Veteran. and it remains more or less the case until Log (not talking about roguelikes and Nemesis, although it’s a known fact that pre-AoM Nemeses are on the weak side too).

so all in all it looks like a well deserved change, even if i appreciated to get rid of Elite that easily :innocent:

if you try to make people stay on your game with artificial, dubious features and game mechanics while shutting down the community, you’ll fail (see every AAA in recent years).

If you sincerely make a good game and improve it regularly while listening to your community, you’ll succeed. Thank you Crate. You’re my hero.

4 Likes

This is amazing! :+1:

Here are some of my thoughts after recollecting myself a little bit (damn, this update really thrilled me).

I definitely support ramping up the difficulty a bit. I’m nowhere near a skilled player, nor do I have any BiS builds, and I can cruise through the base game with ease. The difficulty tuning is very much warranted.

As for AoM and FG difficulty, I think it’s mostly fine. If I could suggest one thing, it would be related to charging/rushing monsters, specifically in Ugdenbog. I’m fine with chargers, they are there to make life difficult for ranged builds, but I think they should have slightly larger cooldowns between the charges. Because when a pack of 4 or 5 of those hit you, and they keep charging at you, there’s no kiting in the world that can keep that encounter a ranged one, even with the mobility skills.

Aaaand, since we’re getting greedy :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: there’s just one little thing from Grim Internals that I think would be very useful in the game, and that is sound notification when a Legendary item drops. But yeah, I realize this is asking for too much.

2 Likes

I think a dps meter would be neat too :wink: