V1.1.4.0 Preview

Some are just afraid of GI not becoming updated anymore and thus get slower cruci times…

It is weird:

1. they want those “QoL” changes so they use a mod
  2. when the base game gets those QoL changes, they get upset because that means that mod will probably not get updated anymore :stuck_out_tongue:
1 Like

After this we just want Grim Dawn the sequel

I have to agree.
I was really amazed how much Grim Internals actually offered, but to be honest, while there were some features which helped me to focus more on the actual game, thanks to the autoloot and healthbars(though i kinda diable it for trashmobs for an specific reason which i mention later)… it kinda was also more distracting due how bloating it makes the whole interface. Surely you can disable most of the things, and one could argue that could be done the same way if crate want to implement these features as well, though there is some kind of line which needs to be drawed, and to priorities features which are really get used… otherwise the ressources are mostly wasted.

To be honest, i’ve to disagree with that… and that really hard. Because everytime i boot up Grim Internals, thus Healthbars and such felt like an foreign object to me. While GlockenGerda did an absolute amazing job, so really big thanks @GlockenGerda, and it seems she tried to be as close to Grim Dawns overall style as possible, it didn’t hit the nail for me. If look at the pictures above, surely they aren’t perfect yet, they still nailed perfectly the style of grim dawn and fits the overall atmosphere and immersion of the game. Also and that’s what i mentioned already with my answer to powbam - it’s possible i won’t disable healtbars of enemies this time, because from the looks of it, it’s way less innvasive and bloating compared to Grim Internals… i have to look at it ingame once the patch is released, but i really had to disable in Grim Internals monster-healthbars because it was so over the top that i didn’t even see most of the enemies anymore and kept it only on for champions and bosses and such.

@malawiglenn
Yeah… though interestingly this time i’m not really upset and angry at this scenario, because i prepared beforehand and knew that there will be some ungratefull people who need to trashtalk it for whatever stupid reason comes to their mind.

1 Like

There is a reason why I don’t play with GI, apart from the “cheat feel” that I mentioned earlier. But also that I know that mods will not be maintained and supported 4ever - and I do not wanna end up in such position where I can’t play without them :stuck_out_tongue: On the other hand, I am a decent programmer and could probably maintain GI for my own sake but GD is a hobby, not a job. I pay Crate to fix my shit :wink:

I think most of the QoL feature of GI have been planned to be implemented by crate. And it’s a good thing. I hope they will still include some toggle and customization feature on that. I hope that crate will not cutting corners on that.

Though I will really miss the DPS dealt breakdown, infected debuff, and buff duration.

DPS dealt is useful to know exactly what damage you dealt. This is especially important for pet skill whether its pet-scaled or player-scaled because you can’t see the damage breakdown from player panel.

Well, sure that’s possible, but at the other Hand i’d argue a popular mod will be most likely supported as long it’s popular, the Game is popular, and Devs keep pushing content / udpates. If the latter won’t happen anymore, due there will be at some point where the devs needs to draw a line and say we are finished, and moving on to the next game, its not “required” to maintain and support such tools and mods any further anymore, due it hardly get incompatible anyway. Atleast in case of GI i’d say GlockenGerad wouldn’t needed to update at the point when we recieved the last update for Grim Dawn.

I’d argue that wasn’t even the issue here but rather the impatience and outcry of people who couldn’t wait a bit for the next GI Update… though i’m pretty split on this case, because for one i’m really against such an attitude, it’s disrespectful against GlockenGerda and Crate… and i’m kinda not a fan to “force” devs to implement something which they don’t seeing fitting their vision. Than again i love the autopickup feature and are quite happy that this, and other QoL made it into the Game.

About “paying” Crate for it, i know, i know - i also hit the buy button for the loyalist 2 pack, but i wouldn’t consider that as paying them directly for an free update and about QoL in general i’m kinda split on it if we would argue is it really fixing an game, or does it make an “nice addition” which makes the game more enjoyable to you.

I just meant that I have payed crate for their game in general. Something I have payed for I can actually “demand” things from, like bug fixes etc. I did not suggest that I would pay crate with micro transactions or similar for fixing/adding QoL stuff.

What is interesting is that soon we will see the latest GD patch, which means that mods like GI can become finalized too.

Considering that GI thread has like 2M views, I am pretty sure there is at least one dedicated fan of that mod that can take over from Gerda.

But there is difference in being a developer of the base game and developer of a popular mod. The devs are working on the game as their job. The dev of the mod is doing it on his/her free-time, for free. Some people just don’t seem to get that…

Little late for the party,but still want to respond.I never used any mods on purpose,don’t want to interfere with the game,but understand your concern losing something you’re custom to.

But,majority of players aren’t using mod or even aware of it’s existence.Most players don’t even visiting the forum.Do you want all these QoL features not to be available to them ?

Also Crate made game moddable,technically able people creating this mods and now Crate are taking some of the ideas and implement them in the main game.That’s wonderful example of symbiotic relationship.

2 Likes

Excellent work! Really really like it! i can’t wait for this release!! :smiley: :star_struck:

Thats a great update, can’t wait!

I hope that Crate will also implement the Nemesis alert in GD. That’s a little nice feature that should be beneficial to new players and to veteran that are farming these monsters.

1 Like

I still hope for the legendary drop sound/ visual effects to be added to the game. It would help a lot when playing DoT builds and when playing in multiplayer where enemy get killed of screen.

Edit: And it would make dropin legandarys more fun. It could also made a toggle option in the main menu who do not want the additional notification.

2 Likes

@LightningYu Default healthbars in GI are kinda thick. But you can adjust their thickness, length and color in the settings file.

If those numbers are togglable and you can only see the bars on heroes+ then happy. What would be nice is hero names so that you can see Arcane and Reflect mobs right away but will I be lynched if I ask for that?

here is a nice idea: instead of wasting time writing about our “concerns” and ideas here, why not wait until after today’s stream? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

why wait when you can scream at zantai during stream that he is ruining defilers.

1 Like

Holy crap this is good stuff! You are the most impressive devs I’ve come across in a long time. You listen and keep making this game more and more awesome.

1 Like

I am loving the auto-pickup of the components the most… I hope it also groups them once completed.
And the Bone Rats now look like actual rats, not like the badger-like Fallout Mole Rats. :slight_smile: Nice! Can’t wait to see what the Guardian of Dreeg now looks like.
Can we hope for a Slith upgrade next? Viloth would like to look this pretty!
When is this out, btw? I am currently betatesting a game that means I have not touched GD in what feels like months… but after playing nothing but GD for 2 years, I guess I needed a vacation. Yet, I am tempted to come back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After you guys are done with the updates please consider releasing a third loyalist pack so that the fan-base can show you more of their support.
The changes are awesome to say the least, since I’ve been around a while I know for a fact as to how difficult these might have been to implement so thank you for this.

7 Likes

Thank you,Crate! Time to uninstall Grim Internals lol

I hope that it will be possible to activate the player healthbar in single player mode as well so that the focus can be more in the centre of the screen when playing HC.