V1.1.4.1 Item Tuning

Would also add that Shar’zul’s World Eater has a lot of overlap with Infernal Brimstone. Both are 2H Maces focused on Oathkeeper/Demolistionist (Shar’zul dips into Soldier a bit as well). Shar’zul would work a lot better on some physical builds if it dropped the Phys to Fire conversion, and Infernal Brimstone would flesh out its fire focus more if it picked up that Phys to Fire conversion. Thematically it would make sense having Shar’zul be the phys/fire alternative for oathkeeper/demo/soldier with Brimstone being the pure fire focus.

You forget that Worldeater has casting speed also so that it can be used for fire forcewave builds.

That’s very true, but Forcewave has lot’s of other conversion options if you are going for the fire damage route such as Shard of the Eternal Flame and Mythical Handguards of Justice.

So a build going for fire Forcewave still has plenty of options, but if you wanted to go for a Physical damage build with Forcewave, the conversion on World Eater would diminish it as a viable option.

Stonefist Rebuke is the weapon for 2H Physical Forcewave.

World eater also has flat fire damage, no idea on what physical build tihs weapon would be useful for.

Fire can be converted to phys. You could easily theory craft a Soldier/Demo physical build with a conversion-less World Eater that converts most of its fire damage to phys.

And then we would have the issue of each source of physical damage having individual armor checks.

I’d just use Avenger crusher

Shar’Zul is flagship fire 2h. Brimstone is burn 2h. There are physical 2h aplenty: Leviathan, Stonefist, Avenger.

Shar’Zul is pretty solid. No need for any changes at all imo

1 Like

Isn’t that true for all damage types?

I don’t see Avenger Crusher being as good for physical Commandos as a conversion-less Shar’zul would be, like you said with Brimstone it lacks cast speed.

The point I’m trying to make is this:
A) Shar’zul’s World Eater is intended to be primarily a Commando weapon.
B) Commando supports primarily physical and fire damage types, so most Commando builds feature those two damage types.
C) Shar’zul gives damage bonuses to both fire and physical.
D) Physical to Fire damage conversion on Shar’zul make it inappropriate for physical damage builds to utilize, effectively pigeon holing the item as a fire damage only weapon.
E) Physical to Fire damage conversion is on the whole plentiful, so Commandos using Shar’zul on fire builds have a bevy of other means of converting their damage.
F) If the damage conversion is removed it now allows Shar’zul to be an effective weapon choice for both physical and fire damage Commandos.

Armor is only for physical damage so no, its not the same.

Well, man, if I want to play phys FW (for ex), I’ll choose this. There’s no need to touch the Worldeater cuz it has it’s own place and is perfect in it.
The only thing I want to ask is WHERE ARE MY +2 TO SOLDIER, ZANTAI?

on worldeater? will probably be in the hotfix

yep, on Worldeater.
I remember it was in patchnotes but nothing has changed actually.

There is a special thread for things that was not changed according to patch notes: 1.1.4.0 Missing Value Updates
:slight_smile:

tnx for noticing it :slightly_smiling_face: haven’t known of this thread.

Not as in elemental damage goes through armor, as in each individual source of a given damage type goes through its respective resistance. How is it different for physical other than calculating the damage resistance from armor?

Frostdread Cuirass, Night’s Embrace, Undying Oath, mark of dark dreams, is there a reason we’ve got all these items giving coldres for cold builds? Yeah I get the point ‘resist your damage type’ but with how often elemental res is sprinkled around you’re headed for a 100%+ overcap in a lot of cases. Meanwhile stuff like poison, chaos, pierce tend to be harder to come by meanwhile deathmarked does an acceptable job of addressing chaos and pierce.

Theme, generally. We compensated any item last update that had Fire/Cold/Lightning Resist on it with either Elemental Resist instead or additional other resists. For example Frostdread Cuirass had its Bleed Resist increased to 40% and it already had Vitality Resist in addition.

Night’s Embrace / Undying Oath / Mark of Dark Dreams have some Cold Resist because of the +% Max Cold Resist. Think of that as a single stat. Every Max Resist (with the exception of +% All Resists) comes with its respective resist in some quantity.

Threads like this are why this game is in such incredible shape after 3 years…!

1 Like

Most of what you write might seem accurate at first glance, but it’s either inaccurste or straight up wrong when taken a proper look at.
World Eater is actually a completely different weapon with fire damage soldier as its core (either fire spam forcewave or rotating between fire FW, Blade Arc and Blitz with RF/FS as filler) with either Demo or Oathkeeper as support mastery. Infernal Brimstone however is a Shieldbreaker item, with either FS, Vire’ Might or EoR as main abilities and it’s actually pretty bad for forcewave. Also for physical FW we already got Stonefist Rebuke, which got the buff it needed this patch.

TL;DR: -1 to your suggestion, shar’zul doesn’t need any change imo (except for the missing +1 soldier ofc).

1 Like