V1.1.4.1 Item Tuning

Ill Omen can be used for that as well on Oppressor.

Chuzzle_Mad

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing physical resist shifted off set completion bonuses to individual items, set pieces or otherwise. Some masteries are very rigid in gearing as their success is heavily influenced by hitting a sufficient amount of phys res.

Mythical Notched Bone of a Thousand Deaths

still pops fools like they are overripe tomatoes when coupled with Will of Blade amulet on a Belgothian BM. This is a setup that I tested it on. Playing with such overpowered item is fun but I think it’s ridiculous that it outperforms its legendary counterparts.

I assume the extent of this post will largely fall on deaf ears, but consider seriously gutting the energy requirements of a lot of item skills.

Earlier in the thread I brought up how I was tooling around with a Rah’zin Pyromancer. This one was to use the Obsidian Juggernaut granted skill in conjunction with the two instances of Curse of Frailty mods offered by the weapon and the set. A great concept, and the items really jived pretty well together. However, the energy cost of the weapon is huge (YUGE) relative to the regen available to the character. I earlier suggested adding some regen to Rah’zin, and while I still think that’d be a good change in general, even my suggestion of

would be insufficient for this build in particular. Last night, in the wee hours of the morning, I crunched the math on my build’s energy consumption:

To be quite clear, this is NOT a problem I expect Rah’zin to address. This problem lies in item granted skills, and it is not an uncommon issue. Obsidian Juggernaut’s skill costs too much energy, Acid Purge costs too much energy, Bone Lance costs too much energy, the new spammable Oblivion skill costs too much energy, etc. etc. Every spammable item skill I can think of has way too high of an energy cost relative to the builds that can reasonably support it, and even some of the non-spammable skills are too costly as well. The old Annihilation Meteor, before it was turned into a proc, was consuming far too much energy, which is part of the reason it was so inadvisable to take outside of memey meteor builds which took it for the laughs.

To me, this speaks to a design disconnect between what should be and what is. The vast majority of builds do not have triple-digits of energy regeneration. These skills, which will be casted at 4 times per second at 200% CS (not an unreasonable/unrealistic goal), cannot reasonably be maintained by anything less than an Arcanist with full caster gear and maxed IEE (noting, of course, that an Arcanist would likely still struggle, as the energy consumption would exceed that of a properly-geared AAR given that AAR would benefit from -% Energy Cost and these skills would not). They have energy costs comparable to single-use buffs or debuffs that are casted 60 times as infrequently. (Blood of Dreeg -> 90-100+ energy cost, 15 second cooldown; 15/(1/4)=60) They are not even viable and have been an inside joke of the community since they first hit players’ inventories.

Edit: Pyromancer build in question, for the record

Edit 2: Let’s compare Obsidian Juggernaut’s granted skill to that of Forcewave with Tremor.

Forcewave costs 69 Energy to cast when at 26/16 and neither of its modifiers increase this value. Tremor applies a 65% reduction of this value to make it spammable, bringing our energy/cast down to 24.15. Now, let’s assume we can cast the skill 4 times a second (which we can’t, actually, because FW’s 2H animation is slow enough that even at 200% CS it’s a bit less than 4/s, but it’s close); that gives us an energy/second rate of 96.6. But wait! You might notice that Obsidian Tremors costs 95 energy to cast even once, and you can cast it 2 times/second without any casting speed mods (again, barring animation issues).

A fully geared Tremor build operating at maximum power and speed has approximately half the energy/second requirements of a character using Obsidian Tremors with no other skills and no increases to its speed.

5 Likes

How about, make Fleshwarped Carbine a placeholder for Mythical Dreadscorcher.

1 Like

and what about this piece of crap magnificent pistol? bleed damage here and mods are trash.
this item needs complete rework, maybe to suit a pierce infiltrator or a pierce … eh, sth pierce!

It used to have flat pierce damage, but got changed to bleed which sucks.
It is not like we have tons of pierce damage pistols to choose from…

I haven’t seen any pierce pistol or at least ranged builds that were successful, actually …
Maybe the problem with pierce is more global than a lack of pierce pistols.
But anyway, bleed has no place to fit in here.

It sure is a bigger problem, but removing pierce damage from at least a decent gun is not helpful :stuck_out_tongue:

I suggested removing bleed, not pierce …

I know, but I am talking about how the item was before 1.1.4.0 … it had flat pierce then, so “but removing pierce damage from at least a decent gun is not helpful” is referring to the devs decision to removing the pierce

Ah, I misunderstanded you, then :slight_smile:

Just a quick suggestion that I hope can be taken up in the Hotfix or next patch…

With builds such as Aether Battlemages that use Cadence or Blade Arc (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j87vjZ) or Aether EoR Templars (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlWGAl2), perhaps we can make a change to the Magelord ring set to give Aether RR starved Arcanist-based builds something to use? The recent change to Fabric of Reality helped to increase damage against Aetherial/Aether Corruption enemies, but these types of classes really could use some more RR. Changing to Band of Eternal Haunt really drops the damage from the loss of conversion.

I would suggest changing the Aether Smash proc to one that applies a decent Aether RR (10-20%) rather than the simple damage proc that it is now. Maybe have it apply Aether + Physical RR since that is the theme with the Krieg set as well as the Magelord set…

Maybe there could be +3 Blade Arc added to the completion Bonus for the set as well?

Thoughts?

1 Like

is it just me or the AoM mobs are dropping as many oathkeeper gear as the other two combined?

Since people are posting their shopping lists here, some suggestions:

• Change aether res on Mage Slayer 3x bonus to vitality res. The set is designed for Arcanists, Inquisitors and Nightblades, two of which have aether res already in their mastery skills. This became extremely obvious when I played an Ignaffar Mage Hunter recently. Since most of the components that give you vit res also give you aether res, I suggest changing the 3x bonus from aether to vitality res. Currently e.g. my build ends up having a vitality overcap of 24% (after using vit res components and vit res augments) while having aether res overcapped by a whopping 129%.
  • Give mythical damnation a -0,5s mod for Doom Bolt to put it in line with the bloodsword repeater and clairvoyant wand. See [1.1.3.1] [HC] Vitality Doom Bolt Sentinel [vids]
  • Change around the active abilities of mythical pestilence of dreeg to a proc instead, like you did with blightlord’s ability. See the above build for reference aswell.
2 Likes

Exactly. I wrote about it since FG was released. One more thing, black on white, for the endgame perspective Rah’Zin is a lacking set. Not just energy regen.

Rah’Zins seem to be fine on paper. Some builds even approached 6 minute Crucible clears at some point (Superfullf’s and my full green setups were quite close), there were some (dubious) SR achievements, someone might even have put on 8 MI, drunk 20 potions and killed Ravager. But honest feedback will not conceal the fact that this set is lacking. There is very little room for fixing energy regen. Builds cannot afford -150 oa by not using Osyr’s Temper. There is little to no energy regen on the way to Dying God and Abomination (or Aeon/Korvaak).

As Ceno described above, there are a few interesting builds that could’ve been kickass if not for the fact that they are mostly impossible.

That would free all aether binders from having to use Eternal Haunt and maybe result in sub 5 clears on the 3-piece Clairvoyaint (no helmet) AAR.

2 Likes

As well as numerous other aether builds… especially a lot of apostates/defilers/ purifiers that already have dual aether rr

Yeah… no. I’d rather not have the Deceiver version get even more advantage over the Warlock version.

Wreath of Souls
Mythical Wreath of Souls
Mythical Corpseflayer
These are the odd epic items with pet skills but no pet bonus stat, it would be nice to add some pet bonus stat to them.