V1.1.4.1 Item Tuning

But at the same time maxing the damage?

Okay, so it’s time to talk closely about some underperforming 2Handers. I am, of course, talking about Leviathan and Gutsmasher.

Okay, so Leviathan has excellent phys-based damage and good Soldier support. Which is why every player and their motherare using it for 2H Cadence Witchblades. And… that’s it, unfortunately. Well, technically, through the conversion, you can use some pretty finnicky builds, but they are hard to build on and look more like experiments.
Physical ABB is not USED EVER. Not a single Blademaster will be using that weapon in his build… aside from Targo, perhaps. Which just proves how shitty 1H BA, by the way. is.

What I suggest here is making this mace a Physical Harvest mace. Make it convert Cold and/or pierce to physical for Bone Harvest, some WD and bonuses to Necro. Strong, cool, thematic.

Next is Gutsmasher. Vastly outperformed by Guillotine in bleed department. The difference is night and day, the mods are incredibly obsolete. You mean there is one, exremely niche bleed EoR, that is not supported even by it’s own class? Come on now.

So let’s make it what Levi was. A 2H Cadence mace for a variety of different builds. Now I’m not suggesting wild, insane mods for Cadence there. Stuff like +targets or someting like that will not break the skill, while providing a cool and new mechanic to use. Let it also support Occultist and have some conversion from Chaos\Acid.

5 Likes

Highly appreciate the idea of making Leviathan support a physical BH :smiley:
with mods to it and +1 to Necro (maybe), it would look good.

Have a novel idea:put back all the % weapon damage you’ve removed from Eye of Reckoning and tune down the gear that provides BONUS %WD? As it is my Cold EoR build has lost 5%WD (down to 32%WD) already and not a single piece of gear gives %WD for Cold.

1 Like

Laughs in 2H Cadence Gutsmasher Warlord, the first (and only) build I’ve killed Ult. Korvaak with in HC

Your suggestions are very welcome!

2 Likes

This.

Non physical or lightning eor were hurt worse by the changes

Indeed, now it can be viable for all those builds, by directly supporting them, imagine the world where it isn’t obsolete.

Wew, I’m excited and hopeful.

Raka’jax

The item, which does’t know, what the heck it is. Is it an autoattack item? Great, add some attack speed please, then.
A caster item? Nice, how about some CDR for the Box?

As of now, it has neither, a strange weapon of both worlds, which doesn’t belong to neither and therefore, NOT USED AT ALL. Otherwise, it has great bonuses all around, damage, etc. Cool item, that just needs a little push.

I personally recommend it for attack speed. Will relieve some strong pressure from builds, who are forced to use Ugdenbog Sparkthrower.

2 Likes

Don’t get the green hate tbh. You get them via targeted farming and most (not all) are rather easy to farm. Getting the right one to fill in the gaps of your build however can be exceedingly time consuming, but I think the idea of having ‘the perfect build’ in a game like this is ludicrous. The fun is over when there is no longer any room for improvement. You can play a 1000 hours and still never get that blood knight item you’ve been wanting (well post FG all you need now is the helm recipe).

But who knows, maybe some of you will get your wish and we’ll get some sort of enchanting system in the next expansion. Though I think a better solution would be that some people accept that your build won’t be able to farm every aspect of the game efficiently.

ANOTHER BATCH OF SUGGESTIONS. The values are arbitrary. Pls focus on the ideas behind the numbers:

Screams of the Aether: add major da, change (or lower) aether res to (and add some) pierce/acid res (ring loses with Albrecht + Haunt duo all day, make it an alternative to Albrecht with major da)

Mark of the Voracious One: change bleed res to aether/chaos res, add the whereabouts of 40% phys damage or all damage

Slathasarr’s Crest: return weapon damage to PRM to the original 24% value or more

Dread Knight Legplates: lower health, remove dodge, add substantial oa, raise base armor value, maybe add a a cc res other than stun

Wendigomane Leggings: just… do something

Wraithborne Legwraps: tone down %oa (to 4/6% or even less), change (or lower) vitality res to (and add) pierce/acid res, raise health to 360/460.

Barbaros pants (yes, Barbaros pants…): remove da, lower to +2 to Oleron’s Rage, increase skill recharge on the granted skill to 18s or more

Venomancer items: buff them like there’s no tomorrow

COMPONENTS and augments:

Enchanted Earth, Titan Plating (especially the last one): add 4-6% armor absorption

Prismatic Diamond: raise the activation threshold to 66% health, remove energy absorb, lower vitality res to 12%

Osyr’s Temper: lower oa/da by 5-10 points and add about 1.2-1.6 energy regen

Bloodied Crystal: don’t touch, maybe flat armor instead %

(what its name again…?) Runebound Topaz: raise block dmg to 12%, raise health to 180, add +1/2% block chance

I got a hundred more but lets first see how pointless this was. :wink:

Is that a shopping list?

4 Likes

Nice to see what a beautiful FX have this weapon in last patch

Mythical Soullance

But I think it can be better with Demo or OK support

If choose demo we have conduit to Vitality Fire Strike and this weapon can givi RR to mines

If choose OK this weapon can have modificator on Physycal to Vitality Fervor

I personally wouldn’t mind the savagery aspect on the ultos set getting a little more love. I appreciate that the mythic adds some support but as it stands the weapon and the amulet don’t actually add anything to that particular style as far as skill bonuses, so bringing it a little more up to par with the primal strike side would be nice.

Is there any chance that the blightlord set skill could become active instead of proc based again? I never saw it overperform in any way and actually gives you something to do besides dropping Ravenous earth every 3 seconds on a Oppressor build.

Mend flash seems not that usefull for endgame. Familiar Ai sometimes goes bananas. He just stands still.
Maybe double the effect of mend flash and double the cooldown so he can still fire some shots between cooldowns.

Not item tuning

Making the granted skill as a proc is one of the best buff blightlord got.
If you want more active skill, just use item skill like acid purge or judgement or bone harvest.

My blightlord oppressor is kinda busy so I do not want the set skill to be an active skill, no thanks.

I dont know, I really enjoyed being able to use it like a CoF for applying wendigo devotion reliably to bigger groups. That aspect is completely gone now and I really miss it on my blightlord Opressor.

Please consider adding some %WD to Word of Pain to Black Flame set, so it can be utilized not only for RR, but as attacking skill too. For now there are almost none good WoP builds.

1 Like