V1.1.4.1 Item Tuning

The conversion was put on that belt to prevent acid builds from using it.

On that moment we have acid belt . that convertion is useless. And another question - why acid builds used this belt , think about this.

Well, you missed a lot.

There were pages of (mostly negative) feedback about Spellbreaker belt. It was a go-to belt for acid nightblades. Murmur’s Kiss was (still is imo) weak in terms of what mainstream acid nightblades really needed, and Deadly Means - introduced at the same time - was still new and supported oathkeeper rather than nightblade.

IIRC Zantai said something about that conversion having been moved from (dismantled for a while) Treacherous Means. But after Treacherous Means was re-introduced the conversion on Spellbreaker was not removed. Maybe it was an oversight or maybe it was because a number of pierce builds already found its use for the new Spellbreaker belt.

As for changing this to cold, it’s never gonna happen.

I’m not sure that was the real intent. Spellbreaker belt was the last thing that made acid nightblades overpowered. And Bladebreaker Sash is quite identical in its functionality (a little less flat and bleed res instead of aether res), and switching to it was just a minor inconvenience.

I think it was because of the Treacherous/Deadly Means confusion.

Conversion.

Most of what you write might seem accurate at first glance, but it’s either inaccurste or straight up wrong when taken a proper look at.

You should work on your reading comprehension, I don’t think you understand a single thing anyone has written in this thread.

I’m not so sure, given that his reply to your suggestion for Worldeater vs. Brimstone was pretty accurate.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure, given that his reply didn’t address a single point that I had raised.

I dunno, I think he replied quite clearly.

Shar’zul is not a Physical item. Both it and Infernal Brimstone are Fire items. Also, Infernal Brimstone is unlikely to get Phys->Fire conversion because items with a non-physical base damage type do not (often) get Physical conversion to that damage type. (Which is very annoying and I don’t know why Z thinks that’s a good idea) (see, Daggers, Scepters, etc.)

You mean, SharZul to be remade in physical weapon? I don’t see absolutely any logic in that. Brimstone have flat burn and attack speed. I play with it in Shieldbreaker made with so much burn bonuses.

SharZul is tailored for many purposes, but main build with it is Fire Forcewave Commando. For FW you can’t use Brimstone, because the lack of casting speed. Also you need the conversion and then fire, not burn. Completely different weapons, that don’t overlap!

Fire Forcewave use Justice set so you do not conversion on the weapon.

1 Like

Yes, my bad. I needed conversion on Cadence Commando, where it’s also useful.

Edit, also meteors.

and also on the item granted skill.

This isn’t him bringing up a valid point, this is him saying that World Eater has to be used for fire damage builds because the conversion exists. I’m saying for ALL the abilities he has listed there are alternative sources of 100% physical to fire conversion, so the only purpose the fire conversion on Shar’zul serves is prohibiting phsyical builds from finding a viable use for Shar’zul.

I never suggested that Infernal Brimstone as a substitute for Shar’zul. I suggested it would be a more appropriate candidate for phys to fire conversion, since it is already 100% focused on fire damage. Physical builds aren’t going to be picking it up ever. Adding conversion would allow builds using it to be more flexible/efficient with their itemization. His argument boils down to: “If you want to use physical Forcewave you should be prohibited from having any viable 2H option other than Stonefist”. So again, both you and he are missing the point.

It isn’t currently. The whole point of this argument is that this doesn’t necessarily have to be the case. The item has physical base damage and gives physical damage support, so why not? The only thing in the way is the conversion. This isn’t a nerf, its merely a change that gives more builds the opportunity to use the item.

But what is actually the purpose of making the Worldeater a competitor to Stonefist?
They suit completely differen builds and both are BiS in them.

Mythical Ultos’ Stormseeker has physical base damage too :thinking:

Mythical Obsidian Juggernaut this one too, and also has physical damage “support” (whatever that means)

Blazerush

List of items with base damage x, +% x dmg , conversion from x to y and +% y dmg can become pretty big…

Cool discussion, but can this topic get back on topic please?

3 Likes

I’d like to see a wps for 2-handed melee weapons on a piece of shoulder armor or on a medal if possible. I think 2-handed melee is the only weapon type that doesn’t have access to an exclusive wps granted by an item. For reference, dual wield has a bunch of medals that grant wps, and 2-handed ranged has shadowflame mantle.

2 Likes

^Sigil of Bear King?
Edit: not a wps, I guess.

1 Like

Yeah it’s just a weird proc that wants to be a wps, but it isn’t unfortunately

Actually, the wps skill on The Sigil of Bear King is kinda strange because the medal is used on FW builds and as we know, no wps work with it as it’s not a normal attack.