V1.1.6.0 Itemization Discussion

I’m not sure what you mean
proc work than Hero kill enemy, not pet
and it’s not work cos pet-master can’t kill anything

1 Like

I also asked for that many times. Nothing has been done and weapon, well, is still never used. Some kind of a mod for Cold Fire Strike or Cold Savagery or WPS would be really nice. And/or Pierce through. Base damage is also kind of low compared to melee weapons (I know it’s intended by difference is just too big).

Yup. It is difficult for pet masters to kill enemies directly.
So I expect it to be rebuilt for Cold or Vit builds, not for pet builds. I would be especially happy if it was reworked for Cold DE.

Please give an item ( or a set items) to support aether canister bomb build. ( add aether damage to skill and converted piercing damage > aether )

Aether canister bomb + Imp devotion would be so much fun :smiley:

I was looking at the items to make a FoI build, but both Black Scorch Covenant and The Voidsoul are Chaos / Vit, so the concepts seem too similar. It would be interesting if either one was redesigned or a new set with Other dmg type FoI. (e.g. aeher/lightning or pierce/trauma)

Can you please update Mythical Surcoat of Mogdrogen in the future, so it would actually be better than epic one Surcoat of Mogdrogen ?

The epic version gives +2 to Emboldening Presence while Mythical is only +1, and that’s actually straight up downgrade for summoner builds since armor difference doesn’t matter that much.

Hi Zantai, i love playing Grim dawn and have already over 2400 hours in the game.Without doubt this is the best game i have ever played.There is only one thing that is very frustrating and i think with my idea could become a lot more appealing.The problem is with rare items and their prefixes and suffixes…we have hundreds and hundreds of preffixes and suffixes.We have monster infrequents that have not very high chance to drop.And if i am looking for the right combo of prefix and suffix the chances that i will get it goes about 1-2 % or something… So what i mean is that you add a new feature to the game.Like you added Transmute option to change one item into another you could add feature that replaces selected prefix or suffix on rare item or monster infrequent into random other prefix or suffix.For the right high price ofc in matherials and iron.This way with hard work we can get eventually the right rare item for our build.

4 Likes

Markovian set.

witchblade s&b are dead :frowning:
I’d never use item Markovian set for bleed builds because Bloodrage`s set does the same thing, but better.

• Shield bonuses are disgusting compared to single one shields.

• For full board set it give really low bonus to shield dps mechanic\bleed dps skills, compare with retal sets and non shield dps character

• Weak interaction with other classes.

• 0 physical resist.

• Bonus for blitz & markovian advantage = overlap da reduction, also useless.

4 Likes

+1

Good old Markovian is basically vendor trash. It feels stupid to even waste dynamite on it. Because you know nothing good can come out it.

1 Like

+1 from me.

Markovian was viable set during early FG days when Warlord was OP but now the class it’s more balanced, physical damage isn’t in good spot and Markovian haven’t been updated.

Also Markovian Advantage is thematically appropriate bonus but the set hardly supports auto attack and main focus it’s Blitz.

1 Like

One more

No-one ever uses Herald of the Blazing Ends because all BwC builds use Mines, and as long as you use Mines, Grim Fate is incomparably better for just about all demo burn builds.

1 Like

Please change the bonus on this item. Compelled Wraith

from fire damage > elemental damage
from -15% fire resistance to siphon souls > -15% elemental resistance to siphon souls

My aether-lightning defiler need this buff :<

Okay…this has been a long time coming - but I’d like to initiate the discussion on how to nerf the 2 most OP items in the game:

1. Spite
  2. Chains of Anguish

Spite

Has surpassed 1.1.4.2’s rancor in every way imaginable. Better damage, better casting speed (allowing for better devotion pathing), more relevant skill points, etc.

Despite its OPness, the solution to Spite is rather straightforward IMO:

1. Increase %WD penalty from -70% to -80%
  2. Increase TDM penalty from -50% to -70%

Alternatively, one could remove the chaos/pierce conversion mod on PB, but I personally would rather not see this come to pass, if only because it triggers my OCD need for perfect conversion.

Chains of Anguish

IMO, chains of anguish serves only to widen the discrepancy between melee/AA specs, and casters.

In its current state, the proc can be entirely bypassed by using skills like mirror/MoT/BB, etc, which will give CDR based specs an enormous advantage.

Furthermore, currently the biggest disadvantage of using chains of anguish is the reduced MS. However, this problem is likewise mitigated with the introduction of mobility runes/skills.

Hence, I propose that the penalty on chains of anguish be changed to a permanent one:

• -2% to all max res.

Of course this -2% value is an untested speculation on my end, but the value can always be tweaked.

2 Likes

Chains of anguish penalty effect is bugged so that’s contributing quite a bit to it’s viability.

Well we’ve got positive percentile damage absorption values, can the system work with negative damage absorption values? Seems a more straightforward thing that affects everything equally (well it gets physical in addition to the 90% that allres would cover)

doesnt solve this problem.

1 Like

I think Spite and Chains of Anquish deserve seperate threads.

Chains of Anquish is an insanely powerful and its “penalizing” proc can be bypassed by most casters. Movement speed doesn’t matter at all when a lot of casters have two teleport runes, Elemental resist penalty doesn’t punish most builds either, especially with Ulo buff, -100% damage is a joke, 3-4% damage penalty for most builds and armor debuff is bugged.

I think it should be -25% total speed, -25% to all resists and total damage modified by -50%. Otherwise it’s another abusable op item like Notched Bone.

1 Like

There may exist a tuning point where you stack on enough -% res to the proc, or maybe even rework the proc to a passive that constantly applies a sizable -% res as a gear tax that needs to be made up by other pieces.

tangent:
“well such and such build might have no trouble equipping it now if you implemented that”, well should such and such build be blessed with overcaps left right and center using straightforward dps gear?

Don’t worry, the outdated penalty is an easy fix.

3 Likes