V1.1.6.0 Itemization Discussion

Markovian set.

witchblade s&b are dead :frowning:
I’d never use item Markovian set for bleed builds because Bloodrage`s set does the same thing, but better.

• Shield bonuses are disgusting compared to single one shields.

• For full board set it give really low bonus to shield dps mechanic\bleed dps skills, compare with retal sets and non shield dps character

• Weak interaction with other classes.

• 0 physical resist.

• Bonus for blitz & markovian advantage = overlap da reduction, also useless.

4 Likes

+1

Good old Markovian is basically vendor trash. It feels stupid to even waste dynamite on it. Because you know nothing good can come out it.

1 Like

+1 from me.

Markovian was viable set during early FG days when Warlord was OP but now the class it’s more balanced, physical damage isn’t in good spot and Markovian haven’t been updated.

Also Markovian Advantage is thematically appropriate bonus but the set hardly supports auto attack and main focus it’s Blitz.

1 Like

One more

No-one ever uses Herald of the Blazing Ends because all BwC builds use Mines, and as long as you use Mines, Grim Fate is incomparably better for just about all demo burn builds.

1 Like

Please change the bonus on this item. Compelled Wraith

from fire damage > elemental damage
from -15% fire resistance to siphon souls > -15% elemental resistance to siphon souls

My aether-lightning defiler need this buff :<

Okay…this has been a long time coming - but I’d like to initiate the discussion on how to nerf the 2 most OP items in the game:

1. Spite
  2. Chains of Anguish

Spite

Has surpassed 1.1.4.2’s rancor in every way imaginable. Better damage, better casting speed (allowing for better devotion pathing), more relevant skill points, etc.

Despite its OPness, the solution to Spite is rather straightforward IMO:

1. Increase %WD penalty from -70% to -80%
  2. Increase TDM penalty from -50% to -70%

Alternatively, one could remove the chaos/pierce conversion mod on PB, but I personally would rather not see this come to pass, if only because it triggers my OCD need for perfect conversion.

Chains of Anguish

IMO, chains of anguish serves only to widen the discrepancy between melee/AA specs, and casters.

In its current state, the proc can be entirely bypassed by using skills like mirror/MoT/BB, etc, which will give CDR based specs an enormous advantage.

Furthermore, currently the biggest disadvantage of using chains of anguish is the reduced MS. However, this problem is likewise mitigated with the introduction of mobility runes/skills.

Hence, I propose that the penalty on chains of anguish be changed to a permanent one:

• -2% to all max res.

Of course this -2% value is an untested speculation on my end, but the value can always be tweaked.

2 Likes

Chains of anguish penalty effect is bugged so that’s contributing quite a bit to it’s viability.

Well we’ve got positive percentile damage absorption values, can the system work with negative damage absorption values? Seems a more straightforward thing that affects everything equally (well it gets physical in addition to the 90% that allres would cover)

doesnt solve this problem.

1 Like

I think Spite and Chains of Anquish deserve seperate threads.

Chains of Anquish is an insanely powerful and its “penalizing” proc can be bypassed by most casters. Movement speed doesn’t matter at all when a lot of casters have two teleport runes, Elemental resist penalty doesn’t punish most builds either, especially with Ulo buff, -100% damage is a joke, 3-4% damage penalty for most builds and armor debuff is bugged.

I think it should be -25% total speed, -25% to all resists and total damage modified by -50%. Otherwise it’s another abusable op item like Notched Bone.

1 Like

There may exist a tuning point where you stack on enough -% res to the proc, or maybe even rework the proc to a passive that constantly applies a sizable -% res as a gear tax that needs to be made up by other pieces.

tangent:
“well such and such build might have no trouble equipping it now if you implemented that”, well should such and such build be blessed with overcaps left right and center using straightforward dps gear?

Don’t worry, the outdated penalty is an easy fix.

3 Likes

Since this is the itemisation discussion thread for 1.1.6.0 best to keep everything in the one place.

I don’t know tbh. I don’t see why not. Though I may be missing something as I have 0 knowledge of coding.

I still feel that it should be a permanent penalty, if not you’ll only really see chains of anguish on casters

Mythical Spelldrinker
How about adding % elemental dot ?

Deathwhisper Leggings. They have been brought up many times before, I know.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

Man, I honestly can’t look at this item without crying. It looks like every other item has been buffed or reworked, but this right here, this looks like a relic from vanilla GD.

I propose adding 3-5% DA roll, skill bonus to something like Aura of Conviction and reducing proc to ~1,5 seconds. That way Pierce/Cold builds may start considering using those.

5 Likes

i think deathwhisper leggings need higher OA rolls, and better res tbh.

Hard no from me. Spelldrinker is fine the way it is - perhaps even too powerful.

400% ele damage on a single item with big aether/ele conversion is crazy huge.

1 Like

This change widens tha gap between AA and casters even more because AA build needs 100% facetank = it needs to cover all these drawbacks as if they were permanent. Meaning AA needs more leech to cover dmg dip, more AS to cover the consistency of leech and hard +25% to all res.

At least with the present proc -50% movspeed doesnt affect AA as much as casters.

Also i hate huge buffs/debuffs for short amount of time. Makes the game less consistent.

My vote goes for smth permanent or at least lesser debuff with more uptime.

2 Likes

Casters don’t really care either nowadays. A lot of them have two teleport runes and can wait out in Seal or pop a mirror during this proc.

I think that’s the point of this item - to make your build powerful but incosistent. Otherwise we are just looking for the ways around the debuffs to use an item which is obviosly broken and overpowered.

This Anquish moment gotta be felt by any build, like it has to be “OH SHIT” moment where you become so vulnerable that there is a very real risk of dying if you don’t fall back or do something that is going to save your char’s life for the cost of losing killing speed. Otherwise it’s gonna be “oh, a minor inconvinience moment” where hp jumps up and down just a bit more and maybe you gotta pop an extra hp potion or whatever and then it’s just business as usual reaping benefits from an extremely op item.

1 Like

Like there is lack of it :laughing:

But overall i agree, it’s nice to have real anguish periods in gameplay for this item. But not in a way that makes you suddenly plop into oblivion.

Movement is really spot on for this. Maybe not -50% movspeed but slow mevement by 300% (so with 80% slow res it will be by 60%)? As a caster you can have one teleport from the rune. But the other one will be a movement skill which scales with movspeed. If movespeed is not existent, 300% of it wont “teleport” you as well. I remember being killed during the dash many times.

Another option to hit casters harder than AA is fast health drain. Like -1.5k health per second. Leechtanks wont care for that as much.