V1.1.6.0 Itemization Discussion

Actually, no, there is Spark of Ultos. What’s missing is everything else: this kind of gimmicky support is not enough to carry a Trickster.

A post was split to a new topic: Enemies under map

Aether Primal Strike and Aether Savagery

I know there’s an old Aether Savagery build from long, long time ago (1.0.6?) that used Aether Savagery, but it ended up going straight Krieg’s Set with barely any contribution from Savagery itself. It would be nice if some of the items that give bonuses to straight Lightning can give some Aether damage bonuses; at the moment, most items that give bonuses to Primal Strike or Savagery actually convert Aether to Lightning, which would take away the point of the Conduit.

I tested out an Aether Primal Strike Ritualist to see how a pass-through Primal Strike would end up working, and it is a lot of fun to sit back and Primal Strike through everything, but nobody’s going to be able to get all those greens + the Conduit + the Badge of Mastery. Something as simple as adding Aether damage to Mystical Signet of Astral Ruminations would be a big help to making this build affordable so someone can obtain the equipment for this build legitimately.

3 Likes

Lacerator Girdle is completely inferior to Guthook Belt. The added bleed duration is irrelevant, since bleed builds have 0 issues with stacking 300-400% duration. The proc is low damage (worse than 6/10 upheaval or War Cry bleed mods) and refreshes way before it runs out. It also loses on resists, racial damage, flat bleed (magnified by bleed builds’ high %WD) and +1 to skills. In the cases where Guthook doesn’t fit the build, it’s still outdone by Avenger’s, Gladiator’s Distinction, or Wildblood belts.

Suggestions: add 20-25% aether or chaos res for a more defensive bleed belt without Avenger’s 2H requirement. Alternatively, significantly increase the range of the proc to make it a fun “make the whole screen bleed” tool that will at least have a unique niche.

3 Likes

:grava_yes:

Mythical Earthsplitter used to have % armor piercing, and I believe that physical-pierce theme can be re-visited again, only implemented in reverse. Why not add piercing damage to physical damage conversion to it? There are no 1H melee weapons that do this and this item is thematically the perfect place to do it.

9 Likes

I have a fairly strong aether primal build I havent got around to posting here yet (build used is on the yt link + some even stronger un-realistic versions)

Video

https://youtu.be/vMBnnWNMlA4

I definitely agree about the lack of aether support on items with skill support for shaman. Astral legwraps are nice, but really could use a small amount of oa or da on them. Aether damage % on the ring you mentioned and storm titan treads would be amazing

3 Likes

this is a great idea! I found the pierce to physical conversion on the 1h gun to be very fun to toy around with. I think making a 1h +shield build with CD forcewave converting some of that flat pierce to physical would be great. I will also say lowering the cooldown on the proc would be nice as well since that is really what defines the item.

Can’t +1 this enough. If the conversion value is actually good, it could save my warborn blademaster from the hell of having to charge lethal assault all the time.

That is a really good suggestion. I think the mod could be somewhere on Octavius helmet so all kinds of physical FW builds could benefit from it. Or add a same conversion mod to Stonefist Rebuke.

1 Like

Time to give us a chance fighting Beronath.:heart_eyes:

“Since the Volcano erupted violently in Korvan Basin, something also has been shaken loose deep beneath the Howling Chasm. Somewhere deeper in the maze of it lies a forgotten legend, even forgotten by the gods themselves. Who cause the stir? Who awaken the Crown of All Beast? The great howl will be heard once more.”

I’m thinking a necromancer or an aetherial tries to enslave or possess the remain of Beronath. However something goes very wrong with it.

1 Like

A somewhat lengthy note about Gildor’s Pulverizer (specifically its grenado support)

Here’s my thought process so far: Imagine you want to build around pierce grenado using Gildor since it converts 100% of grenado’s physical damage to pierce, and there’s actually quite a bit of itemization support for pierce grenado. Accordingly, you decide to wear the set that supports this playstyle (Rimetongue). The problem is that 4-piece rimetongue gives you the flat pierce damage and grenado radius that you need, but it means you need to wear Rimetongue Mask, which converts your phys damage to cold. You can’t play pierce grenado without either ignoring the set that’s designed to support it or by choosing to sacrifice half of your converted physical damage output.

Grenado’s physical damage at level 26 is 1500 on average, so you’re losing 750 of your potential pierce damage by wearing rimetongue. Of course it’s not a total loss because you’ll have some cold damage support through itemization and RR from Night’s Chill, but you’ll still be doing less damage than you otherwise would without the rimetongue phys conversion.

Instead of removing rimetongue’s conversion (which would hurt cold grenado), I support boosting the grenado pierce damage mod on Gildor’s Pulverizer to make up for the damage lost due to Rimetongue’s conversion. Giving the mod a 350 damage boost (which is still less than half of the damage lost via conversion) to a total of 500 pierce damage seems like a reasonable compromise in my opinion.

1 Like

Mythical Marauder set
Mythical Will of Fate

bring gunsorcs back!!!

1 Like

+1
Yes, please!

Physical to Fire conversion is a leftover from the time where Blazeheart was a sword with a physical base. Right now it’s doing almost nothing (converting insignificant flat amounts from Temper). I propose changing the mod into “100% (or 50%) physical converted to Fire to Flame Touched”. That way Explosive Strike damage can be converted.

And before anyone asks, no, it won’t make melee Fire Strike builds op. There are hardly any melee Fire Strike builds to begin with.

7 Likes

Almost every lightning build in the game uses M. Storm Shepherd belt and/or M. Glyph of the Storm Witch ring(s) to utilize aether from Widow and Spear of the Heavens devotion procs. At the same time, both items have no blueprints and are dropped rather poorly. I wish we could craft at least the belt. It might be even worth adding it into some faction blueprints

You could say this about hundreds of items. Being craftable is part of balancing an item because it allows for the player to have their choice of blacksmith bonuses. Simply because an item is good and desirable doesn’t mean it should be easier to get, else we’d have alkamos rings coming from a vendor.

Well, in my opinion these items are used in end game builds far more frequently than Alkamos rings. They are not just “very good” for lightning, as alkamos rings for cold night blades, they are almost necessary to consider a lightning build being top tier. Just look through builds compendium and you will see that. I found it strange that such a frequently used item does not have blueprint.

What does an item being frequently used have to do with whether or not it should be produced from a blueprint?

2 Likes

Probably doesn’t like that a legit played lightning build would have to go through tedious ages of lower efficiency farming to get where other builds can get with ease, according to the reasoning.

2 Likes