V1.1.9.0 pre-bitching discussion

As long as we’re talking about tone-deafness, how’s about the tone-deafness of not recognizing that these are target-farmable sets and it’s been within Crate’s balance history that such sets not be “meta” - see the nerfs to SR set or Krieg in general. Whether you agree with that design philosophy is a different story, but the status quo is as it is - these sets are, by the game’s history, not likely to be anything phenomenal.

However, because they’re target-farmable, it does enable players playing something fairly offmeta (DEE) to have a power-boost option later in the game, with which they could then begin to farm for stronger, more randomized drops. I see nothing wrong with that and personally would encourage more in-between implicit power levels for sets in the future (for GD2, probably).

3 Likes

nerf dark one

2 Likes

Pretty sure it has taken some hits from the bat.

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea but can you really consider the SR set(s) an entry option ? Sure it’s target farmable, but you need to complete SR60 in ultimate to get the full set, which is no small feat for a character currently gearing up. And even if you can get this set quicker than others, with enough time you can get all sets, and why should some of them be inferior in quality while being equal in sitting in your stash ?

1 Like

I support Monccccccc, my completed builds can barely do SR60 :sob:

2 Likes

I didn’t necessarily say any of the SR sets were ‘entry’ options. I’d probably still recommend Krieg or Dark One for that (or setless, e.g., my Blitz build).

Only applies to the “SR set” set. The three upcoming can be farmed at any depth.

Because the ones that take you 5 hours to get didn’t take you 500.

3 Likes

You need to play a madlee build then my son

4 Likes

okay, imagine me farming, let’s say, the new league. why would i ever consider going it through 60 shards to have a set, that supports the worst (and granted devs recent tweaks it balance, i’m quite sure it still will be garbage, but now it will have, idk, +50 flat vitality damage and increased % damage on the third node) skill, that is not only inferior to everything else, but generally speaking not fun to use? I could have bought some fraction gear, that supports, idk, anything else, and it would be much better than having “an dedicated quarter-meme set”

that being said, i’m still quite indifferent to the new sets. idk why people have start "REEE"ing on the both sides. the one called out the absence of the %physical resistance, and the other got immediately triggered.

anyways, seems like some things just never change.

2 Likes

If you’re referring to DEE, again, you do not need to go 60 Shards to get the set.

2 Likes

I honestly think crate gives 0 about that community league.

These new SR sets can drop on any shard in ultimate. No need to get to shard 60

okay, than i misunderstood what Zantai has written.
which makes it even worse, because as i’m farming those 4 pieces set i’m quite likely to farm an actually good stuff, and not set for fire dee.
so, yet again, why would anyone consider this an option?

idk why not just play dark one conjurer, krieg and retal builds until your eyes bleed?

1 Like

Because maybe, shockingly, there might be people out there that enjoy DEE over other target-farmable options. :wink:

DEE is actually among my favorite skills in the game, mechanically and aesthetically, it’s just bad numerically. So I for one am quite happy to see any bumps to its power.

4 Likes

Not true. SR set and Dark One set are stronger and more versatile than quite a few legendary sets.

3 Likes

false dichotomy, there’s not only severely underpowered or severely overpowered stuff.

regardless of how many times i and other people complain about holes in balance, it’s still quite evident that with every patch game becomes better. For instance you could check the variety of builds though every patch - it’s increasing, generally speaking.

well, if there’s someone who is generally enjoing this skill - then it’s fine i guess. though, i still believe that not many people will actually use fire dee for farming purposes.

1 Like

Because, there are other more OP stuff you can get with similar “rarity” and difficulty. Like, Dark one vit caster. Too strong imo

well, if not being garbage fire DEE is considered OP, then yes, there’re a plenty of options!

1 Like

That about sums things up.

It’s like I haven’t gotten burnt for posting pre-release stuff before. That will learn me!

Time and again, we post something numerical ahead of a release, even include a disclaimer that everything is subject to change, and within moments we have the same brigade storm in with all their expert advise having…

• not played with the new items
  • not seen the full patch notes
  • not played with the all the changes in the patch

So here we are again for the x-th time, dealing with the same exhausting rhetoric not based in reality (in before the “I think I’ve played the game enough to know just by looking at tooltips” comments) and moving it to its own corner as usual.

Which might be remotely true if we deleted this nonsense, which we have every right to do honestly, as opposed to moving it to its own thread where it can continue so long as it doesn’t break forum rules.

You want to screech about a patch before it’s out? Go ahead. But please do it where the rest of the community interested in seeing the latest game news doesn’t need to be exposed to it.

I don’t think I mentioned SR60 anywhere in relation to the new drops?

20 Likes

This, without a doubt, is a perfect summation of this entire situation and drives home the point on I was trying to make on the initial thread.

In addition, when everything is said and done, some players are bummed to not see whats coming (such as early patch notes) because a tiny percentage of the player base just pick it apart.

I hope this doesn’t negatively impact information to the community in the future as it is one of the things I look forward to while this game is still receiving content. I do miss early patch notes. :expressionless:

1 Like

And here I wanted to make a fap corner thread for the new aether savagery (and PS!) ritualist set that no longer blocks necklace slot like bonemonger

7 Likes