V1.1.9.1 Discussion

Poor Duncan doesn’t have much popularity among blacksmiths,
suggest swapping one of his poor crafting bonuses for a +%bonus to phys resist to increase his potential preference among adventurers.

1 Like

Imo that will make choosing Duncan from optional to priority. But I agree his energy regen crafting bonus should be changed to make him a more attractive option. Energy regen bonus is also already available with Horrus at Necropolis, so perhaps change it to 1-3% Total speed? Additionally the smith Egellon bonus should also be changed from 1-3% Movement Speed to Total Speed, if the bonus is changed to this option.

3 Likes

Titan Pauldrons are exotic item right now. It’s been probably a year, since I saw them being used in a build. The thing is most sets have shoulders and 2H builds are not that many, so it’s hard to justify using the irem. Furthermore they boost physical and bleeding damage, both can use Bloodrage set instead, which is very good. Also Octavius or Warborn sets have shoulders as well.

My idea is to give flat physical as base stat and add % all damage passive boost for 2H or proc (like Kings). That will make them more desirable for non-set builds.

5 Likes

here is something i think should be addressed before before things winds down

^just make all "buff bar"pet aggressive by default? :man_shrugging:

i’ve no idea if it actually pertains to stuff like pseudo pets or reap spirit, but if we can’t “control” the setting, can’t it just be “mega leash ultra hostile” by default? - kinda feels like EmpyBros retreat a little often on short distances too :thinking:

i use them very often… :no_mouth: as fashion illusion :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’d also suggest adding some support for chaos CT. Now is has only conduit with very mediocre mods and almost 0 other support.
I suggest adding sth to, say, Obsidian Juggernaut (like flat and maybe radius/extra WD) and some bonuses to CT to chaos-related gear so we can take ranks in it.
Warlock doesn’t have many builds to choose from, so it would be a nice addition to the pool.
Also, the conduit could gain “100% ele->chaos” mod to CT, as we have no ways of converting lightning (and thus 0 reason for capping Inferno).

1 Like

acid_tss

I’ve no playtested build to back up my suggestions but I’d like to ask one last time if the above Conduit can also get a look over in addition to @afanasenkov26 asking for the Chaos CT Conduit getting a bit of help.

Either:

• Change the 100% Lightning converted to Vitality to Acid so it’s pure Acid/Poison would be perfect.
    Or
  • Rework the conversion to just be 100% Lightning damage converted to Acid damage and leave the Cold damage to be converted through equipment would be acceptable.

Forcing the Acid/Vitality damage split when Arcanist doesn’t boost either in any way is my main problem. Any way I try build it in grimtools either lacks +% Acid/Vitality damage or skill bonuses to the TSS line. If it were just 1 damage type instead of 2, it would be far easier to manage.

Not expected but would be nice:

• Some minor skill bonuses here and there on Cold/Acid equipment. Like replacing the +2 to Flashbang on Mythical Band of Black Ice or +2 to Dreeg’s Evil Eye on Deathguard Sigil with +2 to Trozan’s Sky Shard or Shattered Star.

I’ve demonstrated in a previous character that some +1 to all skills and skill bonuses on 1 or 2 semi-relevant gear pieces with enough scrounging can manage high skill ranks in the TSS line while maintaining ok levels of +% damage but that is harder to do here with the Conduit as mentioned above due to it being dual-damage types for a skill or mastery that it has no synergy with. Another +100% or +200% damage would be great and a single relevant gear piece like the above rings would accomplish that.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXQ7dX2
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1ep8nV
I’ve spent days and hours experimenting and wracking my brain and the above 2 links are the only ones I’ve finished and saved and I’m still not impressed by the stats on the surface even if performance in-game might be different and knowingly accepting that it’s a meme and performance is going to be average at best. I knew this going in with Pierce TSS but the stats there at least looked appealing enough to draw me in and try it. I can’t say the same for Acid/Vitality TSS in it’s current state.

2 Likes

so apparently Siphon Souls and Word of Pain can’t be attached to “on Crit” devotions :thinking:
any game/balance breaking underlying reason for this, or could it possibly be amended in 1.1.9.1 - seems kinda weird no?

This one specifically is for the fact Zantai doesn’t want weird stuff between this skill and Assassin’s Mark and Blades of Wrath. Basically debuffs causing the on crit devotions to trigger.

1 Like

but it’s not just a debuff, it’s a pseudo dot, so it should be “allowed” to trigger from its crits no?

Basically Zantai doesn’t like these combos that boost each other that activate through crits. Like pierce WoP being boosted by Assassin’s Mark, or WoP boosting the damage of Blades of Wrath.

I know this because i asked the same question during testing a long while ago. Don’'t know why it applies to Siphon Souls though.

1 Like

i mean it still does, because i toss WoP pierce RR debuff before the skill triggering BoW :laughing:
-but yea i get the “loop” you are talking about, and can see it in the sense of WoP; but indeed weird for Siphon Souls :thinking:

Since I don’t look at guides, what’s the performance with FoI?

The issue I was encountering was range…what if the skill was 360 degrees with a range that scaled like CT or smaller with adjusted numbers as necessary. It just seems so lacking compared to other choices.

I’m not sure if it has been discussed already but Fabius feels absolutely busted right now in SR. It’s like he alone got buffed compared to every other boss. Can’t imagine it’s just the OA scaling that makes him so much stronger… I have to run away from him when he uses blade barrier otherwise my pseudopets end up nearly killing me. I also sometimes wonder if the fucker gets increased damage based on the type of weapons he’s holding, since axes deal far more physical damage than swords.

1 Like

A few other pet items as I won’t be able to address them before the thread closes.

Mythical Shard of Command: Outside of the Sovereign Ruby of Domination, this is the only pet item which also grants CDR; and I think outside of giving points to Undead Legion, it doesn’t do enough to stand out from other pet items. It’s a shame, because CDR is an incredibly useful stat, especially when you need active defensive measures to keep your pets alive. Hellhound pet builds have the Ruby, and Raven builds are going to rally around the Bysmiel’s Set, so I’d give it to an item supporting either Skeletons, Blight Fiend, or Conjure Primal Spirit.

Mythical Blightshard Amulet: Currently the only item that grants Elemental to Acid conversion, and only at a 25% rate. Can we have a weapon or other item that grants 50% Elemental to Acid? We already have the Scorpius Pummeler for Acid Briarthorns, so why not Acid Skeletons? Acid Raven?

Summon Hellhound Conduit: We can already get roughly 100% Physical to Chaos conversion for Hellhound by using the Fiendgaze Tome and the Occultist transmuter for Solael’s Witchblade. Can we instead use the Conduit to transform Hellhound’s Chaos damage to something that isn’t Fire? Chaos to Cold conversion? Chaos to Acid?

Mythical Will of Bysmiel: My main beef if that it only grants roughly 15% Chaos resistance when pet builds are scrambling to get their resistances covered. The Raven + Primal Spirit combination was used to good success in the Bysmiel’s Set + Bound Wraith off-hand, so I don’t see how this combo could be used outside of either finding a different damage type. With the base cooldown now at 45 seconds, the recharge modifier for Primal Spirit should be bumped from 4 seconds to at 5-8 seconds.

1 Like

CoF can proc phoenix devotion.

guessing because fire bird is classified as a buff and not a debuff/attack :thinking: ?

CoF doesn’t deal damage on its own, needs skill mods for that. Plus Phoenix’s Fire is a temp buff, not a debuff or damaging skill like Blades of Wrath.

Now i’m questioning why CoF can even be assigned to it if you need mods to add damage to it. Because without those mods, how is it gonna crit to proc it? Seems like an oversight. Not to mention the only damage type that adds damage to CoF as far as i know is chaos and that damage type doesn’t use Phoenix’s Fire.

CoF can crit without mods for some reason :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yup CoF can crit, but its crits are 0 dmg :wink:

the weird thing is, why can CoF crit/tick when flashbang don’t :thinking:
-feel like there is some debuff bias going on :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like