V1.1.9.1 Discussion

Cold primal strike trickster by Reinan22 https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E0EQjN a little AS on top would be nice I guess, yea. Or add cold damage to stormrend.
I disagree with mastery bonuses though, they are pretty good as they are imo.

definitely not looking like smn was heavily inspired by banana’s trickster.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7RJ5w2

5 Likes

It’s ok. We retirees glad to leave some heritage for upcoming generations, even if to perish in time as unknown heroes.

5 Likes

Please forgive my poor English.

I feel that constellation:Oleron cost of white 7 purple 20 is very heavy.
Builds for end contents are not assign.

The white and purple routes are due to the lack of cost-effective constellations of white 2 purple 3 or white 3 purple 3.
There are too many purple 5 constellations, so one is to change mixed color of white and purple.

Though I personally don’t have problem with attack speed in Obsidian + Rah’zin Witchblade, I support adding more speed on that item, but perhaps something more like a +10% total speed on Field Command or Solael Witchfire, so it also helps with the movement speed a bit.

My own build for comparison https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dQR5AV

2 Likes

Stun Jacks

A relatively green (5a) player asked for some help with a Stun Jacks build tonight. Frankly speaking, their build was more or less irrecoverable save for some total overhauls of their itemization/MI farming, and even then, the end result would have been mediocre at best. They and I decided on their transition to a Trozan build instead and they went on their merry way, but I decided to take a crack at tossing a couple Stun Jacks builds together - the archetype was, after all, one of my favorite caster playstyles pre-AoM.

AoM introduced a lot of problems with Stun Jacks, none of which ever really got solved and all of which were exacerbated by FG. So much so, in this regard, that for the most part the skill more or less slipped my mind and I’ve failed to offer any constructive feedback about it in months, perhaps years. That’s on me, though I suspect I’m not alone in totally forgetting about the skill’s existence.

Stun Jacks has always faced a sustainability and general-resiliency problem. It doesn’t really have any damage issues - the shotgun potential and immense DoT potential of the skill are both theoretically amazing on paper. But AoM introduced a lot of high damage enemies with strong CC. FG introduced a lot of strong debuffs that make weaker enemies comparable to those found in AoM areas. Stun Jacks is hit hard by these factors because it is intrinsically a caster archetype that needs to juggle caster stats (including energy regen/cost reduction) while also being in an opponent’s face for maximum damage. This exposes a historically frail archetype to consistently high spikes in damage.

Stun Jacks Elementalists have somewhat-alright sustain in Wendigo Totem but lack burst-resiliency, the larger health pools of Shamans forever being a red herring to the contrary. Stun Jacks Saboteurs (Harra) or Purifiers (LG/Harra) or whatever you run for Chaos/Aether SJ (conduits) will likely be able to pull solid resiliency (via damage reduction) but lack sustain.

My proposition, then, is this: Add 2-4% (static, of course) ADCTH to Stun Jacks to the Overseer Eye MI.

Knowing that the chance of new items is pretty minimal (aka 0) at this point, and knowing that all variants of SJ suffer from the same issues described above, the Overseer Eye is likely to be the most-capable means of addressing this problem for as many SJ builds as possible - unless you wanted to add the stat to Harra/LG/Conduits innately, which I wouldn’t complain about. Most SJ builds already take the Eye anyways - even Harra, as Cold affixes give a means to get good % Damage and the added projectile is quite powerful, plus Harra converts the Electrocute to Frostburn.

This doesn’t address the resiliency issue for surviving burst damage but what with recent improvements to some defensive options (Turtle) it’s not impossible Stun Jacks can start surviving a bit better to large physical spikes anyways.

Edit: P.S., on paper, Harra seems to have significant OA/DA/Resistance(overcap) problems…like every other Saboteur out there. LG tends to be a little better off, in general. Food for thought.

13 Likes

mytical soulthief could use some % elemental buff for a lvl 94 weapon every other epic has at least 100 % more

swords and axes usually dont have high +% dmg

ok but the stats fore soulthief are still the same like lvl 84 items

Perhaps some small buffs to DW ranged so it gets a bit of love?

Legit didn’t see your build before, I’m sorry.

Can’t seem to find it in the build compendium either…

1 Like

Rata needs more nerfs btw

1 Like

wish can understand my poor english :smile:

SR as the main scene after 1190 version
some of my personal opinions.

1.the new huge Boss room already make to easily than before version.
2.the Nemesis ViewDistanceOverride, hope can be improved at least 20m view is reasonable, why ,cause now all kind build only need increase damage side. no need to think about survival side, because have huge yard and short view cant make threaten for character, just fly a kite to Nemesis die.
3.some of my friends build in 1180 they can passed 100 ~ 110 very difficult , but now they can passed 120 ~ 130 easy.
4.these changed make players only like damage side build, nobody care about survival side build.(Survival must core to deep SR, not only high damage. )

1 Like

nothing nothing nothing

some Casting build too. of course Im thinking about melee builds too.
the BM already 120+ and WL130 in 1190. Bmage DK for sure 100+ . is these Melee enough or not?

nothing nothing nothing

Im a ture summoner player, but actually I not like these changed. I wish change back, but some players said is not fair for other builds. I can understand that.
as u said , many of Official website build only care about damage side, they only want 4m 5m 6m CR SR,(fast fast more fast) if they adjustmemt some skill or devotion skill to survival, they will easy to pass 100 at least.
of course some player just only need farm CR170 & SR76 reward.
so 2 kind builds for SR, if u want to easy sure must more survival. no more survival that’s why feel hardly
in 1190 already buffed many build equipment for survival.

nothing nothing nothing

nothing nothing nothing

That’s what I mean, but not 65 - 80, mean after SR 100. u know before version when I into Boss room I feel lots of threaten, but now feeling threaten at all. (somebody said u can same time tow 4Bosses, but not like this way )

Yes, I already said 2 kind of builds, u can put all damage output for only run 76 & 170, the problem is now many only have damage output build can easy to 100+, they no need much survival. those build in 1180 is difficultly, the huge yard and short view make it easy.
those builds I will share in v1191, not now

not everyone like to deep sr, but also not everyone just want farm 76 170