V1.1.9.1 Discussion

Alright, just before this party ends, I have one last ti-i-iny thing I want Crate to turn their gaze on.

This thing is Voidwhisper Band. I was looking on that ring for quite a while now, and it’s a pretty good item. But! It lacks one thing: skill bonus to non-pet skill.

Ring of Khonsar, Yugol’s Ichor, Spiritbinder Glyph, Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth - all have bonus(es) to non-pet skills, which makes them more usable on non-pet builds.

So how about adding +2/3 to Death Sentence or Agonizing Flames or something like that, hm? Death Sentence especially, because it’s kinda rare as it is, and on rings it can only be found on elemental side of things (Eternal Band, Signet of the Runefather).

Somehow I concur with you about buffing weapon components, as end game its all about seals, seals everywhere, I feel its quite limited. These components you listed are designed for early game, they shouldnt have too much power. But I think a little tuning like +4% ms/as/cs (like seals) wont hurt, more smoother gameplay for newbie.

Not a balance suggestion, but would it be possible to remember clock display setting through sessions? Enabling it every few minutes when farming is quite tedious :confused:

2 Likes

procrastination in nutshell.

Grasping Vines

So, i’ve tested 3 WB builds in a recent patch.

1. Dmt’s Ritualist - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26r0a72

Damage - very mediocre, sustain - overall good, but granted that it’s vitality build - nothing outstanding. QoL - garbage, and i want to focus on GV being cancer throughout all this feedback.

I don’t rememer myself testing in it CR, maybe i did it. most likely not, apparently i was pissed by constand need to spam vines. But from my SR tests it didn’t occur to me as a sub 5 build, i’d give it 5.30 at the best. Before the nerfs to WB it was 4.36 build iirc.

1. Lee’s Trickster - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV19bx7V

i tweaked it, because previous full bleed version is no longer sustainable, dead build or smth like this. picked rattosh and now it’s consistent. Damage - mediocre, sustain - good for bleeding build, but yet again, it’s vitality hybrid so it’s understandable, QoL - better than ritualist, but still bad.

In CR the best timer i could achieve was 5.20 (used to be 4.30 before the nerf), overall the build is playable, but only as a vitality hybrid, pure bleed version is not, and recent buffs didn’t help much eiher. Spamming vines is very clunky and unreliable, even with ~180% cs.

1. Plasmo’s Archon - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B8zEkZ (well, i’ve adjusted it a bit, 'cause it was sorta outdated)

that’s the only archon build that i’ve heard people praising. Plasmo did 4.20 with it back in 1.1.7.1. so i found it. i tested it. and it’s the most cancerous of them all, and only slightly faster (i did like 5.13 with it, but i’m way inferior pilot compared to Plasmo so). I did only 2 runs, because it’s was extremely unpleasnt to play.

Summary

So i remember playing Lee’s Zoya back before WB got gutted and it wan’t cancerous at all. The main reason - vines’ duration. Duration was WB’s main selling point (and obese 70% wd, but that’s is something that mostly affect damage) and after its removal GV’s problem became obvious.

Now, i can’t say that all three of these builds lack damage Being honest they do. 5.20 is quite a bad result, but because majority of the forum is stuck in times before aggrofix, i cannot say it outloud, so gotta agree that such a time is “good” . The main problem is that you have to recast vines constantly and not that vines are actually a good skill. its node is one of the biggest jokes there are, providing not only nothing, but also giving it in miniscule ammounts. Main node is only good for bleed (it has quite a lot of it) and as a rend proccer. It does damage with WB, no doubts. But outside of Wildblood the skill is unironically bad (there’s also retal, but screw that broken bullshit)

Tl;DR - increase vines cooldown, increase its duration, buff the nod.
i don’t propose reverting some of the WB’s nerf partly because i believe that a nerf was a right thing, but the nerf, granted that vines worked only as WB, wasn’t; and partly because it, yet again, it’s not going to help, say, acid vines or any other non bleed-vit archetype. As for now i consider this skill to be a) weak without WB; b) cancerous to use; c) good rend proccer.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you all for participating in our latest patch discussion.

We’re going to take some time to dissect everything in preparation for the next update. While every suggestion or request is ultimately not going to make it into the game, rest assured that your voice was heard.

The closure of this thread does not mean all feedback must cease. You can continue to use this forum as always to share your input with us. :slight_smile:

12 Likes