V1.1.9.1 Discussion

nothing nothing nothing

It’s all cool, don’t worry :smile:
I stopped making build posts somewhere at that time, was only sharing occasional videos on some builds i made to validate them. I don’t expect anyone to know them.

I had (and well, still have) a SJ puri and there’s no talking about any sub6 etc because it just can’t survive. 159, 160, 162 waves - death awaits you everywhere, lol.
It’s almost impossible to sustain with unconverted bat, WoR and Seal.

About Harra, set needs buffs in terms of defence and stats.

And the adcth to SJ would make the very skill at least PLAYABLE AND RELIABLE in endgame.

Maybe not, but adding leech to the skill with the largest dps out there may get out of control, I just hope it won’t get the skill nerfed and striped of its identity, high damage high risk.

Chaos Jacks is kinda a meme, it doesn’t have the slighest supporting item :thinking: Leech should be added to this conduit as well to help it.

Let me remind that SJ are also incredibly hard to be played well, they have poor aoe and for max DPS you need to literally go into enemies’ textures.

No breaking timers or sr rrcords are hold by them.

Needs like buffs left right bottom and top, at least the defenses on it are horrible, maybe damage is ok, but I can’t test it, since the chars would just die. I would never touch that set on HC as it is right now unless I wanna play a meme build.

About stun jacks: What if the items supporting jacks get more HP regen and/or support vindictive flame? HP reg seems pretty viable nowadays on couple of archetypes as means of sustain imo.

2 Likes

Harra has an amulet while conduit for VF is one of the best options for regen-based demo builds, so dunno.

Yeah, like, as an example of just how bad SJ is - the build I linked to from pre-AoM never finished Ashes of Malmouth. (in Ultimate) The state of the build was just so terrible that it couldn’t handle main campaign. I think it got hard-stuck on Ultimate Ekket’zul.

Granted, others have managed far more success than that build had, and that build got hit by changes to the Invoker set that made it worse for anything not-PRM, but most build designs are at least capable of clearing campaign content. SJ is the only one I know of that’s hit or miss.

Not an unviable solution.

Problem is that ADCTH is generally still more potent than regen and neither one addresses incoming burst. I also think ADCTH would be mechanically more interesting on a shotgun-like skill rather than passive regen, and would incentivizes farming for +Projectile gear to help it scale better.

2 Likes

i might just be greedy, but
consider changing Primal Bond +%phys dmg to %all dmg(player side), making it a little more versatile as exclusive buff

• add +1 summon Primal Spirit… “somewhere” :no_mouth:

• +1 summon Blade Spirit outside of Demonslayer. Currently it’s the only option after Conduit was swapped, and other pseudo pets has multiple sources of +1 summons…

• make Manticore constellation more attractive

• make “shattered” bosses spawn “frequently” in lower shards, eg 50-75 range, since it’s a 1-1-1-1 boss setup now…
    consider lowering the death penalty timer in SR so you can get 2 deaths before losing timer

• make melee “arc”/multi target" wps scale with ranged attacks

and this is a bit of a “weird” one… please make Bonebleach Halberd accessible on lower lvls and Normal/Veteran, “somehow”…
it’s too awesome an MI, specially for potential leveling, and it’s kinda sad you can’t get it “legit” that effectively outside of weird SR rng.

Also way harder to balance on a shotgun imo, but yea both can work if balanced well I guess.

Crate could just give Harra a similar mod for vindictive flame then.

Which is why I suggested smaller values (2-4%) unlike the 10%+ AAR gets.

Even if my suggestion goes through, I can assure you you shouldn’t play Stun Jacks on HC. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Slow Jacks with HP regen are totally fine for HC imo, Quick Jacks no, at least how they are right now.

1 Like

yeah for having levelled a spam jacks elementalist in veteran (not further, too many utility was necessary which killed the fun by making the build clunky), I must say it’s just too difficult. I should reconsider the leech on the Overseer MI but the item is loaded already :thinking:

• Components
  1. Replace flat armor on head slot components. It is utterly useless, 'cause unlike in belt/jewelry slots, such armor apply only to its piece, thus 18 armor on runestone is actually 18*0.15=2.7 effective armor. Which is nothing
  2. Diamond was gutted and now hardly of any use, mainly because 8/68 uptime with 50% health threshhold activation means that anything can trigger it, especially in SR. So i propose simply increasing its duration to 12 sec and lowering activation point to 25% health.
  3. Consecrated Wrappings - 3 flat chaos and whooping 8% (!) chaos damage is a joke. This component only gives 5% AS, that’s it.
  • Builds
  1. Fire Archon - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26oBgxV

Archon is a bad class. All it’s variety narrows to physical damage. There were some vitality/bleed hybrids that utilized WB, but we all know what happened to WB. So i’ve tried the one obvious concept - fire melee. And it’s horrible. There’s no itemization for fire shaman to begin with, then itemization for fire RF is also merely non-existant. Recent nerf to cyclone doesn’t help as well.

As for performance - i couldn’t pass the very first chunk of sr75 (well, happens, sr is extremely random). Crucible was something like 5.30 at the very best, but most of the time build was a corpse (i don’t remember the succes rate 'cause tested it in 1.1.8). You’re has to gain this lightning --> fire conversion, because otherwise, you have a) no flat damage; b) no aoe which is crucial for melee build.

1. Fire BA Commando - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E0na8N (stats ingame are: 200 %AS/CS, 2901 OA, 2801 DA)

It’s a bit better than archon, at least i was able to complete sr75-76. i’ve just tested it in CR - 5.46 with marked, casque and only one grava, so it should be ~6.20 on average (also should have changed diamond to bone, but forgot aboit it.). The build would be fine if it was also sturdy, but it’s not. It’s not even relatively safe to play, lifesteal can just disappear in a second (which also was an issue with arcon). having to throw BWC and fucking thermite mines (delete this skill, please) doesn’t help as well, despite capped %cs. And frankly, build has some really good flat damage on paper, which should be really good with BA and it’s 230% WD, but no. it doesn’t work. Absorp from soldier’s ult also almost unnoticable.

Both of these two has a lot in common - mainly being a 2H fire melee builds. And i believe there is where the problem is rooted. Fire is the second worst damage type for melee, both for DW and 2H. It has awful support, nearly no flat damage and garbage resistances (thanks for that +200 fire overcap, it’s really fucking useful). The only working fire melee that i’ve seen is double blazeheart sentinel by banana, and it converts it’s flat from vitality and chaos. Yikes.

And the cherry on top:

as you can see from GI, i was dealing exactly 0 fire damage. Single RR elemental builds are viable for sure.

7 Likes

That’s right , the new boss room already so hugh, before even 2 bosses will get lots of threaten, but now nothing. BTW Im HCer

out of curiosity, have you tried alladrah fire archon? - since i’m not exactly the greatest of builders my own initial attempt was kinda meh, archon 1h wps is a dud, and fire eor is… well obviously you want wind devil spam as much as possible to interrupt that EoR :unamused: - but i’m curious what the concept might have yielded in others/better hands :thinking:

or blazerush?

In this cause, the survival build value is reflect.

i haven’t, but DW should suffer from the very same problems that 2H has, so i doubt that it’s going to be any better.

@banana_peel did, but it was long ago, before cyclone and mines were nerfed. No idea of it’s state right now (and it was elementalist)

1 Like

which brings me to, and i know Z will just lean back in his chair smirking & scoffing each time it’s mentioned, but
… and until my dying breath:

• please make wind devils perma pets !

^nr 1 arthritis inducing “element” in Cairn… :pensive:

Mythical Gauntlets of Ignaffar
Mythical Alazra’s Ruby

I think Zantai’s trying to tell you that your Archon needs more Fire Resistance.

This is not me meme’ing you, I’m helping bolster your argument about Fire equipment’s terribad resistances.

+1 on all accounts, especially buffing Consecrated Wrappings so that it’s similar to Restless Remains in having multiple good stats (Energy and ADCTH compared to 3 flat damage and insignificant % bonus) and helping Fire Shaman have more buffs so that Archon can stand out a bit.

5 Likes