V1.1.9.8 Discussion

I’m just here to state, that i’m insanely frustrated and annoyed because of the Octavius is OP discussions. Can you guys simply stop or do you need to make another 200 posts?

Octavius is not OP (i have 42 end game characters and one of them is an Octavius Warlord) and i’m 100% against any nerfs to the set. I don’t want to see the build getting nerf because of some stupid GD stashed build played by a CR player.

I want to see discussions here about other stuff, anything but Octavius at this point. Like, actual problems, for instance :

• Healers on SR’s
  • Monsters (humans) with 150%+ resistances
4 Likes

In fact it’s super fast SR run and it does not contain any triple green that is only available with GD stash lol.

I talked that before.

It’s time for you to bring that topic back. If you want to raise more attention on that, you’d better put forward some interesting (or even ridiculous) ideas or suggestions.

I believe the droprate for seals of binding was already buffed. They didnt drop as often a few years ago. Though the main problem there is that enemies you have to kill to get seals of binding are incredibly weak, and, therefore, have poor droprates. I’d like to see seals of binding dropping from far tougher enemies, and with higher droprate.
As for Blood of Chton - i dont think its droprate is bad. If you need it, you can just dismantle tons of legendaries dropped by Crucible or Shattered Realm, 50% of the time you get Blood of Chton or similar ingredient (and those can be traded for Blood of Chton via blacksmiths). Getting enough maths to craft Dynamite isnt hard too - either via farm or vendors.

Actually, “triple green” (aka MI with two rare mods) is very possible to obtain though normal gameplay too. I’ve got more than a dozen of such items worth saving with just a several days of farming endgame content (and vendored even more). Hell, i’ve even seen a few in the vendor shop selling MI’s. Of course, getting the one with 2 BiS rare mods perfectly suited for your your build on proper MI is another story.

I agree, it isnt OP. It’s just perfectly suited for SR fastrun. I believe GD endgame is more than just a SR fastrun.

It’s because Hydra has just good bonuses, while Kraken has absolutely insane ones. There is no way for one to ignore those (except for retal casters and summoners, maybe).

the shaman’s skill Upheaval is a bit weak now for its small target area and harsh triggering conditions now.especially in ranged weapon BD.In consideration of the pass through is now all move to attack skill,a ranged weapon BD can easily get pass through aoe by pyroclasm mark/plunderer’s talisman/shadow flame,which makes the Upheaval cannot be triggered and became no competitive than passthrough skills.
For comparison,the explosive strike is now more strong than Upheaval.

OK,it’s not OP,need more buff on Octavius @Zantai

Most often than not a better optimized build played by a better pilot.

You guys need to learn the new better way of hardmodding. There’s no need to download / provide the whole 30MB GDX2.arz (but just a few KB of what you changed) or to modify game’s files that are overwritten by Steam’s updates anyway. Can also choose whether to play a game normally or hardmodded depending on whether you launch from a shortcut or not. Also usually no need to update it after game’s version change.

2 Likes

Did some runs with this layout with the last good build i played that isn’t heavy on the system, until laptop started lagging. Unfortunately right now cant do proper speedrun of this because aether room turns the game into a slideshow in every run and you can’t miss inputs there.

Here is the best i got:

Besides resets and deaths to lags, all runs i finished with this were sub5 min, mostly in 4:40-50 range. The ceiling (better bosses and spawns, no lags) feels like 4:10-20 so some 20 secs weaker than Octavius record. But this build is not the best for SR because AoE is mostly fire/burn portions of Vindictive and knockback slows you down.

Maybe will try some other builds another time.

Good good.
It’s better of you to show how your builds work on that 4:10 run map sets as well. Don’t hesitate to run it with your top 20.
And I’m also gonna try the sub 4 map set for an even better run again.

I’m not that into modding work lol. It’s a technique that some guy in this forum told me few weeks ago.
I’ll try to learn your new way next time.

I guess you can’t please everybody. There’s people who will go to their graves saying the same thing about the Crucible and how it ruined the game and its balance. :stuck_out_tongue:

As I’ve said, the only issue I see with the Octavius set is how generally applicable it is due to its generous Internal Trauma values. I do not think the set is overperforming in the general sense. So it’s not that nerfs are necessary but a shift in where its power comes from.

Crucible has modifiers for healers, but in the Crucible you have no choice but to kill every monster to proceed. Likewise, you have much less space to work with, so we disabled mechanics such as buff purging, and nerfed others, such as pool skills.

The Shattered Realm does not have either of those constraints, so we are much more forgiving of unfair combinations spawning. In fact, you almost always have the option of skipping a pack entirely because every shard has excess spawns, and which mobs you kill and skip becomes a part of the clear strategy.

We’ve hit the high resist humanoid monsters from every reasonable direction at this point. It’s an artifact of how the system works and would take some fundamental changes to monsters or tech to address further.

4 Likes

Exactly, it’s not in the general sense but only on some specific super SR runner who doesn’t use Aegis or FW at all but still makes the most of its global Internal Trauma.

This is what I’ve always claimed: move part of its global Internal Trauma onto mods to Aegis.

This can’t even be called a nerf in general sense, because if the trauma is global, it does not stack with FW and Aegis. But if it becomes a mod to Aegis, as long as what Aegis get is a bit more than what global trauma lose, the total damage will even go higher because damage from mods to Aegis can stack with global shield trauma.

There are exceptions. Those “nax” and “kinux” things (Tilkanax, Tilkinux, Akanax, Hallanax, Vlakinux, Arkinux, Halganux), they have Vire’s Might and thus can easily catch up with the character. Once you notice them, it is too late to choose skipping them. :unamused:
Plus sometimes another route has unfair combinations spawning too. :unamused:

If in your opinion there should not be any nerf to those healers themselves, then you could set a limit on maximum numbers of those spawning per map, making it really an option to skip them.

Does this mean that the way the last Grim League Mod did it does not work, is technical problematic (or causes too many potential problems) or involves to much work for a patch (in the current development phase)?

1 Like

I am not familiar with what Grim League did or did not do.

Iirc (and also got it correct), they gave the troublemakers an item to limit their max resistance. But this is likey better commented by @RektbyProtoss

and found this

1 Like

Am i back in FG release? Because that was the only time Octavius was legit busted.

Crucible ruined the game’s balance is what is going to be in my gravestone. Already ordered it and everything.

2 Likes

[9.7] Octavius SNB RF warlord (chinese setup) - Casual sr75-76 runs - YouTube

If think this pretty much sums it up.

+1

As somebody who enjoys trying to make quirky cadence builds work, the thought of further spreading SR packs out is… unappealing to say the least.

1 Like

Can any bleed devotions get reflected damage reduction? Of all the DoT damage, Bleeding seems to struggle the most with reflected damage from personal experience. For more information, i have around 40% reflected damage reduction (from serenity relic and owl devotion) and i avoid attacking reflective heroes as hard as i can when they show up and that still doesn’t stop them from making my health drop incredibly fast when a single stray attack (most of the time from Blade Spirit) hits them.

Maybe Berserker or Nighttalon could have it.

8 Likes

This is simply wrong. They just follow you around.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the assumption is the player is highly mobile and clear speed is fast. But if your just an average player with limited mobility skills, trying to ‘get away’ from them becomes a big problem quickly.

2 Likes