V1.2.0.3(actually existed for many versions) The constellation skill Phoenix Fire doesn't take effect on a reasonable target

The constellation skill Phoenix Fire has a unreasonable mechanic, which has been existing for many versons. When the skill is triggered by a minion that scale with player damage bonuses (like Wind Devil, Servant of Empyrion, Mortar Trap, Blade Spirit and all the other this kind of minions), the skill will take effect on the minion, instead of the player.
The issue is shown in video.https://youtu.be/Oey76h44_ww
The vast majority of these minions don’t take damage, so the damage absorption and retaliation effects are wasted. Even though they can take damage, the skill is still obviously designed for the player. I’m not very sure if this mechanic is a bug or some kind of game balance setting. Anyway it’s totally unreasonable, inconvenient and annoying. Hope you can fix it someday. :cry:

just don’t assign the skill to player scaled pets? :man_shrugging:

*don’t get me wrong, i do think the skill should be excluded from being able to be assigned to player scaled pets
but when you are aware; why do assign it to pets when they benefit 0 from it?

The constellation skill Phoenix Fire has been bounded to the skill Summon Guardian of Empyrion (I’m a Chinese player, sorry for using a foreign language).

In the video I bound it to pets to show the mechenic. In my build it’s bounded to Aegis of Menhir.
As you can see, it’s very convenient if the pets can correctly trigger Phoenix Fire, and then I can bound some better skills to Aegis of Menhir, like Arcane Bomb (it’s now bound to Judgement, not very effective).

yea i get that, but you can’t
it’s a buff, so the entity triggering it gets the buff, ie the pets, so don’t put buff devotions on pets, otherwise you don’t get the effect
*that’s also why i said i think it should be excluded from being able to be assigned to player scaled pets, since it’s meaningless

Yeah, I hope that the skill can still be bound to my pets, but the buff takes effect on me. Anyway a skill can be bound to constellations is precious.
By the way, Arcane Bomb cannot be bounded to pets. That’s unfair, too.

This is not a bug.

Hmm does that mean it won’t be changed…:cry:
Many buffs can be triggered by these kinds of minions and correctly take effect on players, can’t they?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Even if the buff isn’t meant to players when triggered by minions, it’s still somehow stupid that a minion which would never be hurt is given a damage absorption and retalation buff…:cold_sweat:
If, in this case, both players and minions are not supposed to get the buff, why not just set the minions to be unable to bound with Phoenix Fire?
I still hope that the buff can be correctly given to the player in this case, just like other ones.:sob:

what other ones?
as far as i’m aware there are none (as in no buff class effects working for pets assigning bonus to player)

Yet what we are talking about is pets scale with PLAYER damage bonuses instead of PET damage bonuses.
This kind of minion can correctly trigger some skills on attack, like Granted Skill ‘‘Insight’’ from the suffix ‘‘of Insight’’. The buffs can be given to players normally.
This kind of skills are not the very same as constellation skills, though.

I’m gonna assume the damage in the Phoenix Fire proc is still applied when it’s triggered by the player scaled pet, hence why Zantai hasn’t removed it as an option.

Also Arcane Bomb can’t be linked to player scaled pet because its damage becomes zero when it’s triggered by a player scaled pet.

it can not
player pets don’t trigger item attack procs

Gosh you’re right… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
They are now much stupider than I’ve imagined… :weary:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.