V1.2.0.3 Culling the Swarm quest not updating

I got the quest, travelled to the nest, killed the visiers, got the glands, opened the door to the next level, descended to the lower level, killed the Queen. All in one session, without going back and forth or reporting to Douglas. Up until the time when I opened the door and descended to the lower level the quest was updating just fine. It reached the part where it says “Slay Swarm Queen Ravna” but does not update after i kill her!!! I thought maybe it’s stuck so i close the game, have some food and start the game anew. Again travel to the nest, kill the visiers (no glands this time), open the door, descend and kill the Queen again. Still no responce from the quest…

Never had such an issue, despite hundreds of kills.

Did you do both phases of the fight?

try verify game files

I did and nothing changed.

I really don’t know… I play a Druid so I plant a storm totem and a wendigo totem, I summon a Briathorn and let them do the job while I roam around the tunnels, refreshing them as needed. I didn’t even know she had two phases.

First phase, she is stationary.
Second, she is mobile.

The transition between them takes a few seconds while she tears herself free.

Finally found the “problem”… I waited by the Queen to see what happens and my totems proved to have a great potential to criticaly hit her over and over again dealing massive damage. She didn’t get the chance to go mobile and died on the spot, thus not triggering her second phase and thus not progressing the quest. I re-tried without the totems, just me and my Briathorn and got her to go to second phase just fine. After I killed her the quest updated properly. So thank you for all your responses!

might be worth to mention that

this doesn’t happen
the quest doesn’t update unless you went back to douglass “at some point” after clearing the eggs but before doing ravna
so might have been the wonky “i got the glands first then the quest”*

for what it’s worth i don’t think it’s necessarily related to the totems killing ravna, atleast not on its own, i tried doing it with cheated totems to literally 1 shot her asap :sweat_smile:

and the quest updated fine both doing it before ever reporting back to douglass and while doing it when having the (regular) update log

*there is a known issue where if you clear eggs, go to hive, obtain the glands, but report back to douglass before killing ravna that it wont trigger, but should trigger on reset usually tho, so still sounds strange/slightly different than normal here for you atleast if nothing else

What I meant was that I never went back to Douglas after the egg quest was delivered and got the next step to go to the hive. I hadn’t visited the hive before that.

I also “tweaked” the game “a little” with another character and one-shot her with a gun, just out of curriocity. It didn’t update the quest because she never made it to the second phase. Contrary to other boss monsters that have more than one phase, she doesn’t turn immune to all damage during her transformation. If the amount of damage she receives is higher than her health combined from her two phases, she just dies on the spot, leaving no spoils at all and not registering as a dead Queen…

ye but that’s what i’m saying, the quest log doesnt’ update then(that’s totally normal), but you can kill fine and hand in (under normal circumstances) the handoff at douglass just gets immediate; unless you pick the “wrong” option

curious, because i can’t make that happen at all in my game, not even even with a (spamable) attack delaing this much dmg :sweat_smile: (against lvl 40 ravna on normal)

while probably totally irrelevant at this point, it always makes me interested what the difference is “from my game and another’s” when these sorta thing and discrepancies happen :thinking:

On my tweaked try I set Physique, Cunning and Spirit to 1000000000 each so to compare damage just add 2 more digits to all your output… Sorry that I don’t have a screenshot to post but I am currently in a seminar in a different city and can’t access the game for a few more days. When I return home I will take a screenshot and post it, while killing the queen if possible, to show you some incredible numbers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.