[v1] Ultos Ascended, bringing forth a storm! (Elementalist Primal Strike build)

Have you tried The Crucible with this build? If so, how did it do?

I haven’t tried out the crucible on this build yet. I will give it a try once my character is at level 85 and then I’ll upload into the video section

I haven’t read it, so it would be nice if you could provide a link, but I personally prefer Primal Strike over Savagery mostly because savagery is boring to watch. I have no doubts that Savagery is a lot stronger than Primal Strike, but I can deal around 40K damage in crits with Primal Strike so it’s not much of a loss for me.

I’m still leveling my character up to level 85 in the main campaign, but once I’m done, I’ll try out my character in the crucible and upload a video of it into the guide.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43510

There is the link. I can see the point of savagery now, it’s much better vs single targets, and that is what matters in end game when you start farming. Jajaja claims he’s doing around 200k crits with it, i’m excited to try it myself. Only lvl 61 now so i’m still using primal strike.

I just updated the guide once more to further increase it’s DPS. As of now, my character has 40k DPS for Primal Strike, with 145% APS and can crit for 70K with the resistance debuffs. Hope you guys will enjoy. I will add upload videos once I don’t have shitty internet.

Cad - Got a primal strike warder…AOE is great but as you get into end game how are you seeing the single target? Wondering if this build is better since it debuffs the boss. With my warder it is a slow grind on anything but trash.

I’ve updated my guide and fixed the leveling guide so that it assumes you don’t have the end-game gear recommended. Only time will tell if the guide needs to be updated (especially for v1.0.0.7), but feedbacks are once again welcomed to further improve the guide.

When are videos incoming? I am dying to see gameplay! :smiley:

hey there, what the heck is “drake”? i checked the whole stuff like 20 times, then checked wiki - nothing, what is the drake devotion? is it “jackal” which looks quite like one? if so how is it made for energy-eating attackers? simply because of that 6% energy?

Is it possible to make physical damage - fully cunning investment - primal strike and grenado based elementalist?

What is 7th devotion Drake? cant find it anywhere…

He means Jackal, and you only take it so you can get Revenant. Once Revenant is completed you can remove Jackal.

As titled, I’ve made huge updates to the guide. Namely, I’m now using Wind Devils for Resistance Debuffs. With Wind Devils now being used, this gives the build an opportunity to use Behemoth, max out Revenant, get Sailor’s Guide, and get Dying God AND Spear of Heavens. Once again, hope you guys enjoy and provide feedback to my guide.

Was looking to create a new melee char, and this looks awesome. Let’s see how it goes :slight_smile:

For some reason, I always mistake Jackal as Drake, for that, I had fixed my devotion entry a bit properly naming the constellation as Jackal.

I started playing Grim Dawn couple days ago and since been following this guide. Just finished normal difficulty and decided to check my devotions. Man did I freak out. Sad story though, I lost about 1k DPS after the respec.

Also, how does giant blood work? What skill should I assign to it?

It’ll be worth it though. Giant’s Blood is activates on hit so it should be attached to an aura. Vindictive Flame or Flame Touched should do the trick.

big up, congrats on the build! i’m currently a very similar build in HC but with 2h ranged wep :slight_smile:

A well-written guide with step-by-step instructions about gear, as well as explanations for skills and devotion picks.

Really looking forward to try this one out :slight_smile:

The guide is good, I’d just avoid it for the moment. Primal Strike has a bug that will be resolved next patch that is making it far weaker than it should be especially in the leveling process.