[v1] Ultos Ascended, bringing forth a storm! (Elementalist Primal Strike build)

I only know of the Torrent bug, but that shouldn’t really have a big effect on melee. Does Primal Strike have another bug?

Uhm…no? Nothing related to melee, at least. The Torrent bug should only affect ranged as far as I know.

There’s a lot of misinformation about melee Torrent. Since 1.0.0.7, Torrent doesn’t affect the main target. I and at least one other player reported this as a bug. Zantai acknowledged it, but didn’t say it would be fixed. I believe you made the claim that it would be fixed. Then Zantai recently said current melee Torrent’s behavior is intended and that its pre-1.0.0.7 behavior was actually a bug.

However, current ranged Torrent’s behavior is acknowledged to be a bug and would be fixed in 1.0.0.8.

Wow… That changes everything…

I have 36 Devotion Points, so this means I was able to complete the Revenant. I cannot remove points from the Jackal to start The Dying God. Is this expected?

Yes. In order to remove points from Jackal, you have to put a point into the chaos star to make your chaos affinity 11. With Jackal providing 3 chaos affinity, the difference will become 8, enough for you to sustain revenant and dying god.

what would be a good alternative to dying god ? I personally don’t like it’s skill so would prefer soming else if possible

You can take Spear of the Heavens (4/6 or 5/6), Sailor’s Guide, and Eel.

Nice build, i’m enjoying it a lot.

But i’m kinda stuck with the devotions. I did everything according to the guide until Revenant and wanted to invest into Dying God. But my primordial affinity is only 12 (Eel 5, Kraken 3, Widow 3, Star 1). How do I get to 15? Did I miss something. Other affinity are Chaos 8, Eldritch 7.

u miss sailors guide and viper
choose one of them to get enough primordial

i would prefer spear of heaven before u go for dying god.

thx. haven’t thought about viper because it wasn’t mentioned. If I want Dying God and Spear of Heaven I need both Viper and Sailors Guide anyway. But i’ll be a bit short of points then.

Just wanted to thank you for posting this. I have no idea if this is a FOM or top tier build, but it is one of the most fun builds I have played. It levels extremely well and allows for a variety of gear to perform effectively until the recommended BIS items are farmed.

edit Additionally, the guide was well written

Thank you for the great guide cadpgamer1992!

I think you need to update the Devotions part of the guide. It doesn´t match with the your final grimcalc (https://grimcalc.com/build/1008-KDNkYH). I´m assuming the grimcalc is your latest version?

I’m having hard time killing Herald of the Stars boss on Elite. Following your guide step by step and it works like charm… till now… spent like 30 minutes fighting this boss… any advice?

Your devotion guide can’t be followed:

You can’t get Dying God with the constellations you’ve listed (Jackal + Kraken + Widow + Eel + Hawk +Behemoth + un-completed Revenant)

That leaves you with only 8 chaos and 11 primordial, 4 primordial short of Dying God.

Your devotion guide also contains no references to Viper, which is present in your grimcalc.

With that in mind, I believe your devotion progression should be something like this:

… - Widow - Viper - Jacakal - Revenant (complete) - unspec out of Jackal - spec into Dying God - Sailor Guide - Spear of the Heavens

Also, I don’t see a way for you to spec out of Revenant and still have enough points left over to get Aeon’s Hourglass. With Revenant complete, you have exactly enough both Primordial and Chaos to get to Spear of the Heavens and Dying God, with 20 Primordial and 8 chaos. You could spec into the Primordial star to make up the loss of Primordial, but you’re already specced into the Chaos star, so you can’t make that point up without filling another constellation.

Think the devotion is all messed up now. Can anyone come up with a comprehensive guide to devotion for this build? Need definitive pointers cause i have no idea how to progress here.

bleh

Squishy as hell

Followed to a T with a blank 85 toon and almost all the gears (except the borked up devotions, of course). Fabius destroys it. Deleted toon. Sucky. :furious:

This build was great on campaign (normal), fast clears, you literally melt everyone with huge AoE’s.

On Elite / Ultimate, it’s another story, you get one shot constantly (P.S.: got stuck on Act II - Cronley’s, dude one shots me every single time). :cry:

Using GDTH to completely re-spec my character to a more defensive build.

But I loved this build, it was awesome! :cool:

This is the build I’ve been waiting for. Thanks!

Update 4/24/17: Just started Elite at Lvl 53. Killing 99% of mobs at range, including bosses. For most of Normal, I used the 15th level Boltspitter to decimate everything. I cleared Bastion of Chaos, @ lvl 52, with the Devil’s Musket. I only switch to melee when I get over-run. And I’ve yet to find anything better than the Prismatic Eviscerator for sheer destruction.

I’m not finding this the case at all. I decimate mobs and face-tank bosses.

Update 5/6/17
I’m tearing up the place! No problems either face-tanking or blowing away mobs from range.

Range: Ulda’Jax

Melee: Prismatic Eviscerator

I did the Widow - Viper- Jackal - Revenant. Then, I couldn’t unspec out of Jackal. Any idea why?

I don’t have enough Primordial at this point, so I have to fill Sailor’s Guide before I can do Dying God.