[v1] Ultos Ascended, bringing forth a storm! (Elementalist Primal Strike build)

I tried this build because I found the whole set some time ago. But whenever I watched some yt vids, it looked so weak vs bosses. Finaly I wanted to give it a shot. Here my experience with it in vanilla.

Using Alkamos Skythe + riftstone (CHaosstrike) for faster movement in the second weapon slot. I stopped watching the clock when i noticed its simply fast enough to do stuff. The thing is, if you go to Log or BoC and you try to skip them, they will most likely kill you in one unlucky moment when you try to pass by.

Warden. Total run time: 2:01 minutes including 2 elites I killed on the way.
he could stun me 2 times annoyingly long.

Cronley. 3 runs, total run time: 2:20(no elite)-3:00(3 elites) minutes + Moneybags Martin. Dropped me “Runed Dagger of Dreeg” which I didnt have before. Nice! Few stuns in this run.

SoT. 2:40 to the gate in Misery, 3 elites, treasure trove. No legendary item.
Met the
NEMESIS Moosilauke. Took a Hoarfrost Ointment not to die and Slithblood Tincture to make it safer. I didnt want to test if the AOE is strong enough to kill the crystals right away.
Alkamos. He hurt, brought me down to 2-3k hp, probably with a crit (DA <2000 here), again emergency Slithblood Tincture. Maybe I was a bit lazy with Flashbang before. 1 Legenary (it dropped from Moos), Deathmarked Shoulders.

Undercity: Laudos Vagra. He died fast, did nothing. Whats was the name of the endboss again? :D:p Could tank Kilrian in his soup of chaos.
Walk in the park. NO legendary drop.

The hive: Wow, that stuns. OUCH. Didnt die though but close enough. Weapon swap bugged, couldnt make it work again. Bailed out. Restart Grim Dawn, new try.
Gollus (Den of the Lost) Easy.
Queen in this hive: Luckily no stun there, I went streight to her, ignoring all adds, spamming Flashbang. Turned out to be easy.

Amalgamation. Big burst on me, easy after that.

Karroz, Sigil of the Chosen. Never in danger to die there.

Tomb of the Watchers. Easy.
Seal of the Loghorrean: Died of 3 elites of which one stunned me. Killed them easily on the second try.
Bloodlord Thalonis. Oh lord. So close to die, had to run 3 times like a coward, hide and hope not to get hit by anthing else. Not that sort of fight I like!
Loghoreean: 100% hitpoints > 0% hitpoints once. It looked like a safe fight (including Slithblood Tincture) until he killed this character when he had around 7% hitpoints left. Probably that acid spit. 2 legendary items: Clairvoyant Robe + Footpads of the Grey Magi.
On a second run, spamming Slith potion + Flashbang on Thalonis seemed to help greatly. Log was no bigger problem this time.

Conclusion after some short runs through vanilla:

AOE. If you ever liked to bring lightning and destruction to your enemies in Cairn: Go for it, go for it. You wont regret!
Single target dps: If your intention is to kill bosses as fast as possible this is not the build for you…
Nemesis: Same for them.
Healing? What ist that? Sure, you have the Wendigo Totem, you have a healing potion, you have blast shield. But no real circuit breaker (blast shield didnt do anything at log not being on cd), and if you have to “kite”, that means, running like a coward because you would die else, you WILL die also because of the low health regen if anything happens.
ARPG in this case means:
Action - Run - Pray - Gameover :stuck_out_tongue:

The biggest enemy of this build seems to be the stun and freeze. Didnt try BoC because I already know what will happen: I have to kite - I dont like.

Would I take this build to farm anything? Yap. Components. Great AOE, it is fun to watch everything to drop fairly fast. For the fun, because this build is fun.

Just switch your weapon to Silverbolt and you’ll do much better in the BOC. In fact I just finished ultimate with a very similar build (used Vortex of Souls for trash and Stormseeker for bosses, with a switch to Silverbolt for high Chthonic areas) and didn’t die once. In fact with Silverbolt equipped I think it was the quickest that I’ve made it through BOC.