[v1]Ultos, the Storm Striker

I just wanted to thank the original poster and the rest of the folks for their help with this build. I’ve been looking for something that suits my playstyle and, having run a handful of toons to elite, came across this option. Im running a slight variation, but the core build didn’t disappoint in the least.

Thanks again. It’s obvious y’all put a lot of thought and work into this.

vs the bonehunter… :slight_smile:

You need more dps, and 12-14k hp enough.

against fabius…

farming for gear…

tanked SOT’s bosses
Grim Dawn (Ultimate) Grand Priest Zarthuzellan
Grim Dawn (Ultimate) Moosilauke, the Chillwind
Grim Dawn (Ultimate) Alkamos, Lord Executioner

Very nice build! Primal strike is super fun, glad to see someone kicking ass with it in ultimate.

Have you tried druid or even conjurer for melee primal strike? If so, why do you like warder better?

I haven’t tried other options, but i prefer warder because the defensive options are just amazing and the health of soldiers scale really high, especially with military conditon. Plus the armor stacking you can get thanks to scars of battle and field command is really high. Unlike the other combos, you can get 100% armor absorb easily and still have the opportunity to stack more armor, so whatever damage output the warder lacks, it makes up for resilience which through my experience of playing melee, makes faster clears than just trying to improve your damage.

i’m designing my own primal strike build, looking for some data to compare kill times.

can someone post some boss kill times fabius / shar’zul etc. using this build with full recommended gear

Hi, thanks for the build. I’ve been following it for leveling and it really fits with my personality.

I have a question as far as gearing from 1 to 50. It’s pretty rare to get those affixes you asked for (can gear even have 2 green affixes or just 1 green or 2 yellow?) so what exactly are good stats while you are leveling up?

For example, is OA valued over Phys/Cun/Spir and what about DA vs resists?

I am currently at level 45 and have been dumping every point awarded into physique with end game in mind.

The only challenges so far are that I cannot equip a ranged weapon to switch to for trash and that I run out of juice for lightning very regularly.

Any advice?

get hawk early for -ranged requirement. use lower teir ranged weapon with good stats, the base dmg doenst matter as much since alot of PS dmg comes from the flat dmg on the skill and torrent. the base dmg on the weapon helps but is not super essential.

Thanks for the guide !!

What’s the minimum spirit and cunning requirements for end game gears? I want to put most of stats points into physique, this will be problem?

Endgame gear requires ~560 spirit (in case you’ll use caster helm/body) and ~530 cunning (for rifles).
Match those stats if you want to be able to wear everything.
You’ll get most stats from constellations, mastery and gear. Put 5-10 attribute points into Cunning and Spirit - that should be enough. Since Primal Strike consumes tons of energy, you may want to put even more into spirit, though.

Thank you.

Maybe i have to put spirit and cunning as in guide, so i can use rifles and spirit for energy. Thanks

Grim Dawn (Ultimate) Smugglers Pass

Ondoy, that’s a very intriguing looking build. You use primal strike without the modifier?

i’m using arcane bomb on it…

Awesome guide! I very much enjoyed the gameplay. Well I wonder, is this build optimized for Savagery too? Do I have to change a lot if I were to go Savagery from this build? I like the idea of doing a decent amount Physical and Lightning damage while definitely capable of tanking.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
You suggest some augments from both factions. I thought you could only choose one or the other?

You can choose Kymon’s Chosen in one difficulty and Order of Death’s Vigil in another difficulty. So you could go with Kymon’s in Normal then choose the Order in Elite or vice versa depending on which augments are needed during levelling.

Any suggestions after leveling Torrent and Primal Strike to 50-just trying this one I am far from end game gear etc. Also any relics for the journey besides suggested final one? Any leveling help is appreciated