[v1]Ultos, the Storm Striker

What was your attribute distribution? All physique? Thanks!

Hi Nice build!

I am contemplating if I should go Warder or Elementalist for a 2-handed lightning build

How about stat allocation? I can’t seem to find it in the guide, all physique? or some spirit for damage?

also what do you think of a savagery/primal strike combo? or does that not work well since you are investing too much skill points for attack skills?

thanks!

To people asking about stat point allocation, it’s on the grimcalc. I know the stat point fonts are small, but they’re there.

2050 DA with full BiS gear. 97% hit / 6% crit. Too bad. :confused:

thanks! sorry didn’t notice i just got used to build guides where stat points aren’t allocated in grimcalc

also I didn’t notice primal strike becomes a no-cooldown skill when augmented with thunderous strike until I was playing around with it, explains the no savagery combo I guess

Hey guys, updated and finished the build to 1.0.0.2 and added a video of the warder killing the Loghorrean. I hope you guys enjoy. :smiley:

55 manticore eye… you are a cheater !!44 bruhahah :slight_smile:

I JUST finished the dawnguard set yesterday and made a character to use it. This guide is perfect and I’m loving it so far, so thanks a ton for taking the time to do such a detailed write-up.

So much fun. TY for this

Just ding 85. This build is OP and fun. <3

Hey guys, I’ve updated my build to one last iteration. This is the final iteration for the build and I honestly don’t think I’m going to update it anymore because it is an even more solid set up now. If there’s anything I’m going to add is probably just additional videos. Hope you guys enjoy the build and have as much fun as I do.

i’m going to make one just like this… :slight_smile:
thanks for this…

Hi all,

I recently started playing and i’m still learning, so i have a few questions:

Do i need to assign the devotion skill “Turtle Shell” to an attack/ability to make it level up and proc?

Do i assign a devotion-ability to Primal strike later one? (only lvl 20ish so far)

I loved Titan Quest, and i insta-bought GD in early access… Was not disappointed!

yes you need to assign the turtle shell to an ability for it to proc

you will assign arcane bomb(widow) to primal strike later on, around 45-ish

hey OP,

do you think the Spear of the Heavens is worth it over Widow or Tree of life for a more DPS focused devotion?
I’m working on an Elementalist which uses your awesome guide as reference

thanks for the work put into this btw

Thanks a gazillion! Just what i needed to keep plowing :slight_smile:

widow is aoe with resist reduction and activates on attack

spear is very small if any aoe and activates on getting hit

so not really comparable imo

Tried out this build and I must say that I was surprised to see how powerful the primal strike could become. I’m 37 now and I’m having so much fun. Just a little question: I have been feeling short of energy potions as I’m consuming them like literally every 2 minutes. I was wondering if this was normal when you contemplated the build, or if I was doing something horribly wrong with putting points and everything ingame. I’ve put all my stat points in physique and none in cunning and spirit so this may well be what it is but just to make sure…:wink:

Thank you for the detailed posting

EDIT: My energy pool is 1003 while hp being 5838, if it helps

Primal Strike is incredibly powerful, at 40 level i’m one-shotting whole packs!
However, such power comes with price. And i mean Energy Cost, of course. You will want to gear caster chest and helmet and get mana regen wherever you can. I bought a set of gear from Kymon’s Chosen (head, chest and shoulders - all with lightning damage and mana regen). I also got rings with mana regen on them and put mana-regen materia there. At last, i got a unique belt that prvides +33% mana regen - very nice thing. So, with 55 mana regen/sec, i can afford Primal Strike cost. I still depelete enery if attack too long, but enemies usually die far before my energy depletes.

BTW, i’m using a ranged weapon. It provides great benefit of being ranged, while having only minor DPS loss (compared to melee).

thanks for the build OP…
made a video on this build in action…