[v2.0] The Maelstrom

I must say i’ve started thinking of doing a similar static strike builld and I noticed that the relic I wanted to use is the same as in your build. i think it’s a solid choice.

But I must ask how how your build do with survivability? I mean besides Blast shield and Falshbang. Any life steal? I can’t see images at work so i don’t know if you have haunted steel in any of your weapons. There is no life steal in devotions that i can see.

-You are correct about the relic, I tried Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm as it also had Lightning damage and an amazing proc. But the DPS loss on bosses is too high to compensate. The reason being, Fire Strike no longer supports Lightning damage so stacking flat lightning damage is hard and this relic (eye of the storm) provides it to us. Not to mention it adds 8% attack speed. Attack Speed = best thing for a NB imo, as it means more frequent WPS procs.

-One Haunted Steel is enough to keep the bar filled against even the strongest mobs. There is a Shard of Beronath in one sword for the raw damage and OA, it’s not mandatory i just put it there. I don’t think i can life-steal all the bosses, as i prefer MoD over Black Star in all my builds (caster or otherwise).

-There’s Oleron’s Blood on weapon swap. My MoD can only get proc’d by a challenge dungeon mob if my game hangs (which happens a lot :cry:) and even then it doesn’t get proc’d too often.

-Survivability is decent, won’t say i’m OP in that department. But you can take hits from pretty much everything and not die easily.

-I think the hardest hit taken was from Mad Queen when this was a concept build in it’s early stages (6.7k hp when i killed her). After improving upon that aspect, i don’t die even if she or log shotgun me.

-Shar’Zul hurts like hell, he’s the only guy i used my Blade Barrier against. I don’t understand why though. I can facetank an enraged Ben for a decent amount of time. But Shar’Zul hits me like a truck

-Just so you know but all the fights i have attempted so far to test this build’s survivability are w/o using Oleron’s Might. I did it to check how effective i was in making a decent build. So far i haven’t used Oleron’s even once on Ultimate.
Should i add this to the guide? I mean when i mention this to you it kinda seems important.

Having oleron’s blood on weapon swap sounds like work and dps is interruped when swapping. Like on my BM i’d probably compromise with a Kymon’s will in jewlery. It’s not the same strength but at least you don’t need to focus on swapping your weapon anymore. Also it gives 2% DA. You are gonna feel this agaisnt Shar’zul. i can’t see the screen from here where i work. If you have 1850 DA at least then overcap your fire resistance by ~20% against Shar’zul. This helps me a lot. with your lifesteal Flashbang and Blast Shield you should be good to go perhaps even without using blade barrier. Oh and a scaled hide in an armor piece if you don’t have edit: and stun resistance, leathery hide maybe if you can pull it off withthe rest of the resistances.

-I didn’t add the components as the components and augments depends on the green rolls.

-Well, i didn’t hit Shar’Zul with Oleron’s Might, like i said i tried all of them w/o it to see how good of a tank this is.

-I will get scaled hide (armor absorption, right?) when i get better rolls on those pants. You know how those green items and RNG work, right :undecided:

-My DA with PB on is 1.9k, not counting the reduction his OA gets through VoS. I have to use Blade Barrier if i get a little to reckless. I can get reckless with Rashalga but not with him

-Back to Shar’Zul i did mention to go with Oleron’s Blood on one of your weapons rather than swapping. He hit me hard when i had lesser hp, OA and DA. I have’t attempted the fight after that.

-Lastly, Stun resistance i already have it. i have 53% stun resist. I am waiting for a good green roll on my pants.

I didn’t add the components as the components and augments depends on the green rolls. - kymons Will is independed of green rolls. I use it and it’s great, you can feel it and becomes part of the"tankiness" of the build.

-I will get scaled hide (armor absorption, right?) when i get better rolls on those pants. You know how those green items and RNG work, right :undecided: - You mean you don’t have resists to spare for it? is it a Silk Swatch?:smiley: I know the problem.

-My DA with PB on is 1.9k, not counting the reduction his OA gets through VoS. I have to use Blade Barrier if i get a little to reckless. I can get reckless with Rashalga but not with him - whatever pants you find, having overcapped fire helps a great deal. Shar’zul can become a crapshot when he enrages but a simple change will make the differnce between keeping your finger on blade barrier and your butt clenched to a an easy fight.

Got to make me a Saboteur too one of these days…need to stop this lol

Yeah it’s the silk swatch :stuck_out_tongue:
And enjoy making one. It’s one of the best class combination i’ve played

I certainly will

I’ve made something similar recently, not a saboteur, it’s a bit weird. A Beronath Reforged Spellbreaker thinking maybe to change the Deathmarked meta. Just need some time to record it i’m seriously spread out on my builds.

I never managed to make a working build around Beronath Reforged. Would be interested in your build.

And as for the weird part, i myself have some weird builds awaiting final touches to get uploaded to the forums.

EDIT:

I should add components can be improved- http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48540

I understand where you are coming from with auras but there is a balance reason to what the devs did i think.

Let’s take Hell’s Bane vs Amber …first is good for melee second for ranged.

rifle and guns if you notice do less damage than melee weapons. Compare Raka’Jax to Ulto’s Stormseeker. The latter does more damage.

So Hell’s bane helps the ranged weapon a bit, not enough to be the same but just a bit extra something.

Piercing is low damage no matter what you play with guns/melee. So there is no imbalance there. The only exception I can think of is Valdun’s pierce build but only if you make it a blademaster and use cadence/nigth’s chill

That’s what i thought at first, but then the presence of enchanted flint and coldstone changed my opinions

Updated the guide with the latest devotion setup that i’ve been sitting with for the past few weeks. I was planning on updating this after the latest patch but i don’t think the latest patch would bring room for a lot of changes

Updated the main thread with screenshots of skill and devotion setups due to GrimCalc being bugged

Updated the guide with the location of main weapon

Hello

Just a little post to thank you for your build.
Nicely explained.

Your welcome :wink:

Hey Chthon, I’m having difficulty following your devotion setup. It looks like you took Rhowan’s Crown but only have Hawk supporting it. What am I missing?

You are missing charriot i think

Oh…duh. :rolleyes:

Thanks for answering :slight_smile:

I might’ve missed it but; how do you spend your attributes?

Thanks!