V9.2c - Code ? Game failed to save properly

After playing for an hour or so, on an auto save, I get the subject error. I subsequently attempt a manual save and get the same error. The only way I could save again was to lose the progress I had made in the time since the last successful save by quitting the game and reopening. The same thing would happen around an hour after I open it again. The file named FrontierSaveFailed.sav is empty.

? was the error code? Or was there a code displayed?

There was actually no error code. I will reproduce it tonight and take a screenshot.

Could you please upload that failed save then?

Saves are located in:

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\my games\Farthest Frontier\Save

Zip up the entire TownName_###### folder along with the .map file and .sav that reproduces the issue. If the files are too big, you can use a service such as Google Drive to share it with us.

Thanks!

Here is the zip for the file save

It’s surprising that you’re having issues because your town is not that big (at least in your autosaves). Can you generate a DxDiag.txt file and attach it?

1. From anywhere in Windows, press and hold the Windows key (on the bottom-right of your keyboard, between Ctrl and Alt) and simultaneously press R
  2. The Run dialog will appear
  3. Type “dxdiag” and press Enter
  4. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will appear, showing all of your system information
  5. Click on "Save All Information… " at the bottom of the window
  6. Optionally rename the file and then save it to a location of your choice

Here it is.
DxDiag.txt (116.4 KB)

Your machine looks more than adequate. It’s very peculiar that you would have any issues saving, especially with such a small town. The fact that you get a ??? code and that the FrontierSaveFailed.sav is empty is very odd. I’ve literally never seen that before. It would mean that it’s immediately failing before it can even save the header of the saved game.

One thing I did see is this in your crash log:

And I also see it for some other apps:

I don’t know much about these RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 errors, but from what I read, these shouldn’t be happening and are sometimes indicative of faulty RAM or over-clocked RAM. As you can see it’s not just happening with Farthest Frontier, but other apps/games as well.

I don’t know if you have over-clocked your RAM (perhaps a BIOS setting?), but if you have, I would disable that and see if you have better system stability. I would also try running some kind of RAM integrity checker to see if you perhaps have faulty RAM.

Sorry I don’t have a more definitive answer, but that’s what I would check into first if I were you.

hey folks, sry to randomly chime in here. I’m having the same issue with my town and thought i’d add the save file here for more data points incase it’ll help

Thank you for looking into this for me. For whatever reason when I was playing it last night and this afternoon, the problem just didn’t reappear. I hadn’t changed anything in the meantime, so I’m not sure what happened.

1 Like

Nice repro. This will be fixed in the next hotfix.

I also hit a cannot save bug that seemed to occur after trying to move a barracks to another location. I had the soldiers outside the barracks doing stuff while the move was occurring, and the move never finishes. I can still prioritize the laborers as seen in the screenshot. At this point I believe saving stopped being possible. I can no longer hire any soldiers in this barracks either.