Variable attribute points

Okay, another thread where I’m not sure if it’s a bug or just my characters are screwed up for some reason.

Yesterday I took a couple of characters from my backed up ones and put them back into the game to play. Going along happily and when I levelled up I noticed that when adding the new attribute points it increased them by 9 instead of 8. Alt+tabbed out to chat on discord about it, went back in and now the physique gives 8, but the other 2 give 9 still. Took all the gear off and also no skills with any attribute increases. Tried the other character wand that one gives 9 phsique with 8 on the other 2.

Decided to try a brand new character and ran it up to L7 with no problems with the attributes, all giving 8 as they should. Then tried 3 other characters that have never left the game and they also give weird combos of 8-9 attributes. Last one the physique and cunning were fine, but spirit gave 9.

I verified the game files after the 2nd character so I don’t know what’s going on. Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just screwed.

It’s because you have some % Physique / Spirit bonuses in equipment of these character that you sometimes get 9 Physique / Spirit. Everything’s fine.

Even with all the gear taken off? And while I have some gear that gives % spirit that doesn’t explain why the physique on that character is 9 and not 8 for example.

Yes. Prolly Soldier with Military Conditioning that gives % Physqie
Or ome devotion like Solemn Watcher / Scythe / Boar that do that.

Nope, not using any of those.

The usual - upload the character mentioned to Grim Tools :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hang on, give me a sec.

Sounds like quite the opposite!

Here’s the first one. No gear because I took it all off so it’s in the inventory bag.

Here’s the second one I tried:

1 Like

The first one uses Vulture that gives % Spirit and % Cunning.
The 2nd one has % Physique / % Spirit in gloves / medal respectively

1 Like

Hm. Well, thanks for clearing that up. I wouldn’t have expected the % figures to affect the actual attribute points themselves. So presumably if you added a lot of % spirit you could end up getting 10 or more with every attribute point you put into it.

1 Like

You’re still getting 8 per point.

1 Like