Villagers not fighting fires

UPDATE- hopefully resolved per latest .9.2.d changelog

I have a large city, and just had fires burn down several buildings including a grand theater, hospital, and several mansions. The city had 150+ free laborers at the time, and maybe 40-50 builders.

Despite plenty of free labor including lots of people walking next to the fires and plenty of water with adjacent wells, no one fought the fires.

I believe the issue might be the size of the map. This fire occurred in an “outvillage” - a village I’d built on the other side of the map from the main city. however, there were plenty of residents near the burning buildings. They just… walked by and went about their business, letting the buildings burn.

Shouldn’t any nearby residents run to the rescue during a fire?

I have a 300 vil city with 3 districts about 30-50 squares apart from each other. I’ve had fires in each of the districts and vils will go to the nearby wells and put out the fire.

Did you play an existing save with the new update or is it a brand new save from the most recent build?

I should have provided significantly more context. However, by the changelog, I think this issue may have been resolved with the latest d release. I was on .9.2c when I reported this.

I’ll keep an eye out. It is an existing map (that started on .9.2b or c, not sure). Hopefully fixed! I actually lost almost fifteen buildings to fire which while not remotely problematic for this late-game city, was frustrating and hilarious at the same time.